The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection Empty
PostSubject: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm a long-time lurker that recently joined the forum.  I have Star Wars vintage collectibles spread across the home and garage.  I thought I'd share a pic of my loose figure collection (with variants).  I recently bought another case but haven't moved into it yet.
Attachments
SW_Loose_Collection_HAlowres.jpg
Heavy Artillery Loose Collection
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(410 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm

nice collection and welcome
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 am

Nice display and figures!

welcome
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice setup. Displaying them like this takes a lot of wall room but the case is thin to the wall so way less bulky than an average display case. This also makes a very clean looking display with the figures in individual boxes (a few have to share I see but not many). I didn't count but it looks like a full set are any missing?
Back to top Go down
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks to all for the welcome and positive feedback.

Trappedtexan - This is the complete action figure collection plus a few extras (such as the Takara wind-up R2-D2 and Blue Snaggletooth).  The POTF figures all have their coins as well.

I'm sure there are different perspectives on what constitutes a complete action figure collection.  I have other figures that weren't on card backs, such as the Dianoga, Salacious Crumb, and Max Rebo band, that I don't consider part of the "carded action figure" collection.  I also don't display the Wampa, Probot, Jabba, etc. in this collection (even though I have them displayed with some of the different playsets).
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

welcome and congrats on a great-looking display! Look forward to seeing how the next case shapes up.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 pm

How did you make the background? On further looks I can see SW ships dotted about on what looks like a silver surface.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Artoo_Detour - The background is comprised of a poster-board attached to a wood backing with a couple of stickers on it. I liked the contrast between the figures and the speckled grey backing and thought (at the time) the stickers spruced it up a little (it's been a while).
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:06 am

Great setup!

I'm not a variant guy myself, but it's always cool to see the major ones side by side. Happy Lando/Sad Lando is a great example!

Welcome to TIG as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Welcome!

Very nice collection. Loose figures are always a highlight. There are a great bunch of guys here. Enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Not sure how I missed this thread.
Welcome to the forum, and wow a great variant figure collection you have there.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Artillery
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Great setup!

I'm not a variant guy myself, but it's always cool to see the major ones side by side. Happy Lando/Sad Lando is a great example!

Welcome to TIG as well!

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection Lando_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member - My Loose Figure Collection   New Member - My Loose Figure Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member - My Loose Figure Collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1