The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

darthdutchies loose figure collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthdutch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
darthdutch

darthdutchies loose figure collection Empty
PostSubject: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:05 pm

been really inspired by all the amazing collections on this thread, so I thought I'd show you mine!......er that's sounds so wrong!!!

darthdutchies loose figure collection 017_zpsa35e0012
darthdutchies loose figure collection 018_zps76213348
darthdutchies loose figure collection 020_zps45e2b0fe
darthdutchies loose figure collection 021_zps75fe5519
darthdutchies loose figure collection 022_zps6c3a339c
darthdutchies loose figure collection 023_zpsd02e0990
darthdutchies loose figure collection 024_zps3314b9a4
darthdutchies loose figure collection 025_zps05ff44d1
darthdutchies loose figure collection 026_zpsa0a3bba0
darthdutchies loose figure collection 027_zps94b39e37
darthdutchies loose figure collection 028_zps627801ab
darthdutchies loose figure collection 029_zpsc0c1e2a0
darthdutchies loose figure collection 030_zpscf2d4ddc
darthdutchies loose figure collection 031_zpsae3486a1
darthdutchies loose figure collection 032_zps2b1fc798
darthdutchies loose figure collection 033_zpsa0ec54dd
darthdutchies loose figure collection 001_zpsc9b37e49
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Very nice collection you have going.  I like the custom figures too.  I think I read about your c3po in another thread and how you made him sitting, very cool work. 

I didn't even see the DT figures.  Are they real or repro?  Cool either way and I have contemplated buying some repro for place holder for ben and vader, I have a luke that is real.

Last edited by trappedtexan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:03 pm

very nice collection I like the cards you have with the figs where did you get them at. Is that a Luke DT saber next to the blue snaggletooth.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:46 am

Really nice collection mate, classy display and cabinet, i have to admit im not keen on the mini cardbacks behind the figures only because i think it makes it a bit too busy and the outline of the figures gets somewhat lost infront on the cardbacks.

But im just being picky lol, lovely collection mate
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 am

That's a great collection.:clap: Nicely displayed and I especially like the custom figures mixed in.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:49 pm

LIKE!!!!  Very Happy

I have a soft spot for custom vintage figures, so a joy to see them displayed nicely in your cabinet.

Clean display too.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
darthdutch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
darthdutch

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:34 pm

WOW!!  what a cool response from all you guys, I wasn't expecting that! to be honest I was a bit ... er ... scared..  of what people might think!!  but this has made my day Very Happy

ok hands up the DTs are repros but I couldn't resist!! (the snuggles real though!! theres actually 2, a dent and a no dent)  I would say about 85% of my collection have real weapons, the rest ive used repros as gap fillers and on my customs I use them to (not worth wasting a real weapon for something...well not real) I know some people on TIG frown on them but I think there ok as long as you don't pass them off as real, there's enough info on TIG to weed out the fakes for people who don't want to get scammed.

I know the mini backing cards got mixed view but I really liked them and just had to have them, I got them from a really good guy on ebay called v-photos 
he's really helpful and even does custom ones too.

About 40 of my figures and the rancor are my original childhood toys glad I kept amanaman, yakface, storm trooper luke and ev-9d9 as there quite expensive now, I still even have a darth with a black leather cape my dad made when I was about 8 to replace my ripped plastic one... ah happy days!!

Thanks for all your kind comments, like I said it really has made my day...cheers DD
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Late to the party...

Nice display man and yeah, the customs are pretty cool and something I am just starting to dabble with myself.

I love the small cardbacks personally. I actually made my own 1.5" x 1" (approx) versions... smaller than the ones you have that vphotos makes, but they are a great reminder (or ed-u-macation) to people when they see them! Actually, I made the backs too and glued them, cut the corners so they look like a mini card... I would add tiny bubbles if I could!

Anyway... great stuff man!!!
I will be trying to 'bend' a figure like you did with the sitting 3PO at some point... too freaking cool to not just paint a custom, but to make them do things they weren't intended to do without breaking is great (yes, I know you sacked a couple in the process, but so very cool is the end result! Very Happy).

cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
darthdutch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
darthdutch

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 pm

hi all and thanks psybertec, yer I think the leg sacrifice was worth the end result, like I said in the custom thread it really bugged me that he wouldn't sit in his throne properly. then I saw a custom of a boba kneeling on one knee (looked awesome) and I thought mmmmmm I can do that. used a slightly different method (think you have to cut a v out the back of the leg on the soft plastic ones and probably don't need to go in the oven) but hay! it worked!! (I put an explanation of how I did it on the vintage customs thread if anyone's interested.
would like to see the cards you made psybertec, let me know if there shown on another thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 pm

darthdutch wrote:
would like to see the cards you made psybertec, let me know if there shown on another thread Very Happy
You can see them a little in my limelight, but I hope to better work them into the display case I am building for my loose first 12 run. The cardback will kinda be moot once they are behind glass, but I'll think of something.
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
darthdutch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
darthdutch

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm

they look cool, they would also look great in the clear keyrings the type you can get that people normally put photos in, by the way your collection is amazing, wish my stormies were as bright as yours.. tempted to paint mine but doesn't feel right!!
Back to top Go down
darthdutch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
darthdutch

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 am

hi guys, just realised I forgot this pic in my lime light!!
darthdutchies loose figure collection 019_zps2c60917f
Back to top Go down
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
plantainman

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:14 am

Head man & white Boba darthdutchies loose figure collection Cool0020
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: darthdutchies loose figure collection   darthdutchies loose figure collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

darthdutchies loose figure collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1