The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prices for partially open and resealed figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Empty
PostSubject: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:02 am

Hi guys
Just wondering what the best way is to set prices on partially opened or resealed vintage figures?

A bit of background...My collecting philosophy has always been if it displays well and its all original then its for me. Over the years I've been picking up items that a lot of people wouldn't want, but I feel they display well once star cased and up with their other carded buddies Smile About 5 years ago I decided I really didn't like all those different offers detracting from the character photos, so changed my carded collection to be "first release & offerless". This has meant I've slowly been replacing all of my cardbacks with offers, to those without.

So now I have around 17 figures that I'm looking to pass on, but some of which I have had for 10 years or so, some of which are minty, some partially opened and some resealed...so have no idea of what price to set on them... any general ideas? I can list the specific figures and condition if that helps?

I only have 5 figures to go to complete this set (7 if you count upgrading my Han and Ben 21 backs to 12 backs - 9 if you count Canadian offerless Paploo & Lumat), so if you have any of these spare drop me a line Smile
Bespin Guard Black, 3PO Removable Limbs, R2 Sensorscope, 4-LOM (all on 48a backs) or that easy to come by Anakin (POTF 92 back)
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 am

I should have also added - I was going to list them here first to give TIGers first dibs before going to eBay. If listing on eBay i'd just let the bidding set the price on most of them, but if listing here I think I need to list with prices and want to make sure I'm not giving them away, but not setting stupid prices either...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:17 am

Pictures will help Jeff im pretty good with MOC values.

One thing to consider is Fully resealed MOC's are akin in value to a mint complete loose figure and cardback.

Partially opened ones - it would really depend on the extent ill be able to help more when you through some pictures up Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks Jay...since you offered... a few of them are listed below of varied condition so I can get an idea of value Smile

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Atat_41_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Atat_41_2
At-At Driver 41 Back : Sealed; Price written on front; POP missing

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? C3po_12_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? C3po_12_2
C-3PO 12 Back : Resealed; Price sticker; Wave on card

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Hhead_20_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Hhead_20_2
Hammerhead 20 Back : Partially open (top); Unpunched

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Palitoy_storm1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Palitoy_storm2
Stormtrooper (Palitoy) 12 Back : Cracked bubble; 2 major bends in card; Imperial sticker applied (don't ask - I bought it like this thinking it was the sellers 'watermark' protecting their images!)

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Weequay_65_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Weequay_65_2
Weequay 65 Back : Sealed; Mint, slightly yellow bubble

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Tie_can_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Tie_can_2
TIE Pilot (Canadian) 47 Back : Sealed; Minty Mint!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 am

Well i defo interested in the Canadian tie fighter pilot buddy so give me first refusal on that one Wink

Ill have a look through the others and give you some proper prices later today the mrs is about to drag me out shopping and theres know way out of thisl lol Im am blagging her to sort my collection room out later today (which is a shit tip at the moment as she has been dumped clothes on the bed for a month and it went down hill from there really.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:27 pm

i know it's totaly not relevant to the topic , but man that c3po cardback is one of my favorite pic's of all cardbacks

along with the bikerscout offcourse
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Here you go Jeff

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Atat_41_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Atat_41_2
At-At Driver 41 Back : Sealed; Price written on front; POP missing = 20gbp

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? C3po_12_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? C3po_12_2
C-3PO 12 Back : Resealed; Price sticker; Wave on card = 25 - 30gbp

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Hhead_20_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Hhead_20_2
Hammerhead 20 Back : Partially open (top); Unpunched = 25 - 35gbp

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Palitoy_storm1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Palitoy_storm2
Stormtrooper (Palitoy) 12 Back : Cracked bubble; 2 major bends in card; Imperial sticker applied (don't ask - I bought it like this thinking it was the sellers 'watermark' protecting their images!) = 20 - 25gbp (a Mint reseal sold for 39GBP on ebay recently)

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Weequay_65_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Weequay_65_2
Weequay 65 Back : Sealed; Mint, slightly yellow bubble = 20 - 25gbp

Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Tie_can_1Prices for partially open and resealed figures? Tie_can_2
TIE Pilot (Canadian) 47 Back : Sealed; Minty Mint! = Sell to me Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 pm

I'll humbly line up behind Jay for the TIE Pilot. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I heard the first person to find a loose Takara Stormy gets the Tie pilot Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:45 am

Youcan put me down for the AT AT Driver when you get ready to sell them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 pm

ya that c3po is looking pretty sweet.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:22 pm

thanks heaps Jay! And thanks for the interest guys. Am flat out with our new puppy this weekend, so if I don't get to in in the next couple of days, keep your eyes peeled next weekend.

I'll mark any figures of interest mentioned here with 'first dibs' Smile
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:46 pm

aussiejames wrote:
I heard the first person to find a loose Takara Stormy gets the Tie pilot Wink
Oh - and AJ is not wrong about that! Very Happy wolff...javi...need a Candian ESB TIE pilot...??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prices for partially open and resealed figures?   Prices for partially open and resealed figures? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prices for partially open and resealed figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1