The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skywalk7965
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Empty
PostSubject: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 pm

I've just begun collecting again and am wondering if I have any variant figures in this lot. Please excuse my color blindness if I get any of the color tones wrong. If someone is able to spot a variant, if they know of the relative rarity of it, that would also be very helpful.

BosskVariant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0252
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0262
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0251
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0256
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0260
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0254
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0253
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0255
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0257
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0259
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0258
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0265
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0261
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0263
Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. Img_0264
Original Leia

Figure One Hong Kong COO in smaller text. One large circle, one small circle on belt which are a deeper white. Purplish hair tone?
Figure Two Hong Kong COO. Black hair. Darker tone to torso section (color fading?). Two small circles.
Figure Three Hong Kong COO further down leg. Light brown hair. Lighter color belt. Two large circles
Differing facial features

Bossk
Figures to left (1,2,3) have COO placed lower on leg and paint on collar.
Figures 1 and 2 have small white paint marks on their back which may be difficult to see in photos
color variation in tone of head color between first three figures and the fourth(orange head?)
Figures 1 and 2 have same scale tone which is lighter than figure 3.
Variations in color of neck collar (2 is a lighter shading than 1. 3 along with its scale color is darker)
Figure 4 has a very glossy scale tone

Dark Vader
Figure one vader with light saber has larger hilt. Different chest markings. Different helmet and cape style, Hong Kong COO
Figure two  Made in Hong Kong Coo. shorter hilt. Smaller bootsKenner vs Clipper?

Han Solo
large eyebrows?
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 2:13 pm

any changes from the coo stamp or color makes it a variant . doesnt mean its rare but its still a variant . there are literally hundreds of variants . thats how i began the variant game when i was new to collecting
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:43 pm

It's just my opinion but in terms of variants I tried to keep to the more obvious variants like some Lili Ledys, PBP, Poch, Takara,and some Kenner variants are obviously different than the more common Kenners, like the hollow tube Tusken Raider, the dark brown hair Luke,... Collecting all the various COO's is a great endeavor, but it would be too much for me. In terms of your pictures, the Darth Vader one is interesting with the different sized feet...didn't know that was out there. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
skywalk7965
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 1:06 am

Bababooeyfett wrote:
It's just my opinion but in terms of variants I tried to keep to the more obvious variants like some Lili Ledys, PBP, Poch, Takara,and some Kenner variants are obviously different than the more common Kenners, like the hollow tube Tusken Raider, the dark brown hair Luke,... Collecting all the various COO's is a great endeavor, but it would be too much for me.  In terms of your pictures, the Darth Vader one is interesting with the different sized feet...didn't know that was out there. Pretty cool.

Thanks, as a new collector it's difficult judging the nature of rare variants from figures with slight variables.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 am

To me collecting by mould family first is most important: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread
Back to top Go down
skywalk7965
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 12:18 pm

aussiejames wrote:
To me collecting by mould family first is most important: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread

Will separate mould families always possess different COO codes, or is it possible to have the same COO code but be of different mould casts? I'm not sure if something this comprehensive exists, but what I'm looking for most is a guide that delves into to the relative rarity (and possibly value) of different mould types. I have a lot of figures that I have recently bought, and I would like to start putting aside the rarer variants for my own collection as I buy and sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.   Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Variant figures? (Bossk, Vader, Original Leia and Han) Please help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1