The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My collection so far....................

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

My collection so far.................... Empty
PostSubject: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 2:26 pm

This is my collection, please be kind i am a new fan only of vintage and for 5-6 months, i guess my focus has been the first 21 figures and teh Star Wars vehicles/playsets, but i am quite random and will buy any bargain on the way lol!! so here it is.........................

The Office............

My collection so far.................... 20160487

my x wing mib complete
My collection so far.................... 20160488

my jawa playset mib
My collection so far.................... 20160485

all of my loose sets/vehicles will be replaced at some point by mib's lol
My collection so far.................... 20160486

And my newest love a complete fully working, mint Sandcrawler!! (also was thinking do think i should get this graded?)

My collection so far.................... 20160489

The spare room....

My collection so far.................... 20160490

My collection so far.................... 20160494

My collection so far.................... 20160491

Proud of my snow speeder not only is complete mib but has never been put together, all parts still sealed Smile
My collection so far.................... 20160495

My collection so far.................... 20160492

My collection so far.................... 20160493

My figures are kept in the spare room but the light is terrible in there so I put them in our Display cabinet just for the pics- gutted because they still dont look how they do in real life Angry SW Angry SW Angry SW

My collection so far.................... 20160100

My collection so far.................... 20160496

My collection so far.................... 20160499

My collection so far.................... 20160498

My collection so far.................... 20160497

My collection so far.................... 20160102

My collection so far.................... 20160101

My collection so far.................... 20160103

My collection so far.................... 20160105

My collection so far.................... 20160104

My collection so far.................... 20160106

My collection so far.................... 20160107

My collection so far.................... 20160110

My collection so far.................... 20160111

My collection so far.................... 20160109

My collection so far.................... 20160108

There it is Stormie Smiley Thanks for looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Nice collection. Lots of great pieces mixed in. What is the caped figure to the right of the sandcrawler in your office? I can't quite figure it out. Like the mix of figures with cardbacks. I am thinking of doing something similar in my cabinet to cut down the reflection of the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Great collection Lobotic :clap: Very nice mate cheers
You need more Lando's thou lol!
My collection so far.................... Image38
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:04 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice collection.  Lots of great pieces mixed in.  What is the caped figure to the right of the sandcrawler in your office?  I can't quite figure it out.  Like the mix of figures with cardbacks.  I am thinking of doing something similar in my cabinet to cut down the reflection of the mirror.  

Thanks Bryan, its Thor lol!! I know what you mean the mirror is very distracting Smile
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Nico wrote:
Great collection Lobotic :clap: Very nice mate cheers
You need more Lando's thou  lol!
My collection so far.................... Image38

Thanks Nico, I know I need loads of figs, alot more rotj and I still have to get the potf yet, but I am collecying fast so shouldn't be long Smile
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm only joking mate, great collection of all figures cheers
I have a small Lando focus, that's why I said that lol!
That is some great boxed ships for only 5-6 months collecting cheers
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Nico wrote:
I'm only joking mate, great collection of all figures cheers
I have a small Lando focus, that's why I said that lol!
That is some great boxed ships for only 5-6 months collecting cheers

Thanks chief Stormie Smiley  It has been quite a spend  so far! The mrs has put me on a monthly budget now, but its a good one Wink I try to buy small collection's easier that way for me, then sell the unwanted stuff i dont really collect on you know where, that gives me a little bit more spending money Smile

When I get on Lando we should do a coo compare or you should do a show and tell of yours on fotw Smile we need the extra info....?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:39 pm

That's a good point. I am not sure I have seen all of Andy's lando collection either. I remember seeing some of it somewhere, and remember the black neck poch and some others but don't remember where it was. unsure

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 8:34 pm

Great collection, Mark. Well worth the wait! Laughing

For "only" 5-6 months of collecting, it's huge! You've displayed it well thus far. Love the 'crawler. And.. did I see "Thor"?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Thansk guys!! Matt the sandcrawler is probably my favorite thing at the moment Stormie Smiley

And yes that is a sneaky Thor in the office lol!

Actually Matt on the marvel focus i do a little bit of sketching you might like some of my art?? let me know what you think?

My collection so far.................... 20160115
My collection so far.................... 20160113
My collection so far.................... 20160112
My collection so far.................... 20160114
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Very cool sketches. Are these just based on the character or were you trying to copy an exact picture? I haven't seen these exact poses before but I am unsure. There is an artist on another forum that sketches vintage figure portraits and does commissions. I will search out a link and send it to you if I can find it. I might be interested in a judge dredd piece.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:27 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Very cool sketches.  Are these just based on the character or were you trying to copy an exact picture?  I haven't seen these exact poses before but I am unsure.  There is an artist on another forum that sketches vintage figure portraits and does commissions.  I will search out a link and send it to you if I can find it.  I might be interested in a judge dredd piece.

Hi Bryan, The Hellboy came from a photo of the film online and the He-Man figure sketches i drew from the classic figures but they are my own unique sketches i only used the classic figures for reference.

Wow really you would like me do you a sketch? Of course i have never been asked before, my nephews have a few sketches mainly hulk stuff all original from me, but would love to do a Dredd Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

If you could find the link that would be awesome!!

And if anybody would like a star wars figure just let me know Smile i would be more than happy.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 5:10 pm

I agree with Bryan, great sketches! I collect Hellboy memorabilia as well so of course that picture stands out to me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 4:00 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
I agree with Bryan, great sketches! I collect Hellboy memorabilia as well so of course that picture stands out to me. Laughing  

Glad you like it Matt, we will have to wait and see what santa gets you this christmas??
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Lobotic wrote:
Glad you like it Matt, we will have to wait and see what santa gets you this christmas??

You stop that now! :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:08 am

Very nice collection with a good mix of boxed vehicles and loose cheers It's good you can display them and enjoy. Oh, and very cool sketches too :clap:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:58 am

Thanks Paul, I need to do a better display, those homemade shelves I knocked up i made in an hour so there not great!!

I want to do some better pics as the collection is growing week by week, if only I had t'shots talents Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 am

Mark, the figure cabinet with the the glass shelves, does it have lighting? What kind? I have a large glass cabinet and it has built in lights but they get very hot and are sucky. I am thinking of some kind of led strip of some sort but haven't researched it much. Just curious what you used.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 11:31 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Mark, the figure cabinet with the the glass shelves, does it have lighting?  What kind?  I have a large glass cabinet and it has built in lights but they get very hot and are sucky.  I am thinking of some kind of led strip of some sort but haven't researched it much.  Just curious what you used.

Hi Bryan,  I have only been gone a day and so much has happened i need to catch up!!

The cabinet used for the figures is in our main living room, we keep family memories in there i only put the figures in there for the limelight. You are so right the bulbs in that cabinet are so bright and get very hot i would not put my figs in there incase they got damaged, they are actually in the picture with the door open just to the right some displayed and some in boxes i also have some in drawers..the pistures below are the cabinet (without figs),bulbs that are used in that cabinet and my boxed figs i dont take pics of figs were they are because its to dark to keep them out of sunlight/UV rays. Oh and led's are the way to go, they are perfect for bright but low level lighting they are under 12volts in the UK but normal spots/bulbs are 240v which is way to strong you can cook an egg on them!!!!

The last pic is an idea of your one off dredd, its only rough his arms dodgy etc and it will take a few more sketches till i get the right picture, then i colour and finish, but i just wanted to know what you think, i like the leaning against his bike pose, it just came to me, but i didnt know if you wanted something different, maybe just his head or with his gun etc....i will wait for your reply before i do the upgraded sketch of this one.......

My collection so far.................... 20160139
My collection so far.................... 20160137
My collection so far.................... 20160138
My collection so far.................... 20160510
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 3:45 pm

That dredd pose is awesome. Feel free to add it to the dredd thread as a work in progress pic if you want. I would add it for you, but my iPad seems to have gone to crap so I am lucky to even type messages right now much less try to load pics.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 4:01 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
That dredd pose is awesome.  Feel free to add it to the dredd thread as a work in progress pic if you want.  I would add it for you, but my iPad seems to have gone to crap so I am lucky to even type messages right now much less try to load pics.  

Thanks Bryan I will check it out Very Happy

And dont worry this is the first by about the third or fourth it will be perfect Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Sweet Dredd sketch! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 6:38 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Sweet Dredd sketch! cheers

Thanks Matt, don't tell Bryan doh but I have nearly finished his dredd hot it the third time round and looks pretty damn good Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 8:14 pm

You have great taste
Smile
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 4:32 am

aussiejames wrote:
You have great taste
Smile

Thanks AJ, i have a bit of a soft spot for the furry critters Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My collection so far....................   My collection so far.................... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My collection so far....................

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next