The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? Empty
PostSubject: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 pm

My Limelighting doesn't seem much compared to what I've seen... Some AWESOME stuff (That PBP Luke Farmboy and all those Ledy figures... too much to count, too much to say)!

I have been impulsive in adding to my Vintage '77-'85 collection over the past few years. Been scammed on scam-Bay a few times, as not read up properly or purchased there, rather than on forums like this one, full of collectors.

Had bought (way back, unsure of date, maybe 2002/2003,) a Luke FB, beautiful minty condition from the large amount of photos I saw. It was on US toy collector site, B*****T**s.
Figure was a CHINA variant, but this also came seemingly with a 'Telescoping Lightsaber'... The advert said AFA had declined to pass it as authentic Telescoping as there were doubts (I presumed CHINA figure etc, as even I thought from the Collecting Community that Double Telescoping Lightsabers were only found on HK figures). Didn't pay massively (£147.00 plus p&p and it didn't get stung with massive taxes in the UK, all in about £185.00, I was happy when the figure arrived and thought nothing of it. It had no letters on hilt, and was a different, more translucent yellow colour than ones on pictures I'd seen, but there were not THAT many pictures then really.

Now I already had a very old childhood Luke with a double-telescoping saber, HK two line early bird, bought by family (aunt / uncle) over in US in 1978/79 for an older cousin, that somehow made its way to me.
What I did find strange was that my childhood figure had a very similar lightsaber. Again What did I know. They both could have been fake ones...
I swapped one Luke (CHINA) with a slightly better Luke 3 line HK and the really old played with one, with another less beat-up 2 line HK.

Myself and other half needed 'ready' cash a couple of Summers ago, needed bit of money ASAP, so, looked up a Vintage Toy collector (Burton, UK way) and took a large chunk of my collection over there.
He (I'm Sure) talked about Lightsaber with Luke FB (had been with the CHINA figure). He mentioned the imperial gunnery site and friends on there that collected. I'd been on TIG back in April 2010, but just whet my appetite and didn't pay enough attention - Then I'd go hurdling back into eBay and pay £30/£40 for a so called Tri-logo figure, loose but with authentic weapons, OR even more sometimes for Lili Ledy figures (bought a Ben once, the saber with it I'm sure now looking at the LL Guide on here proving it not to be a Ledy Lightsaber!)
I didn't get a massive amount for Luke BUT you live and learn  :I am stupid: (I'm sure HE knew ALREADY, what I eventually found out - A 'Circle' Variant Lightsaber). ATEOTD, It paid the Mortgage for a month, which was well needed at the time.    lol!

It obviously took me aback when I read / studied TIG forum a year or so ago and found out about the 'circles variant' yellow lightsaber   (when I finally read all about Circle Variants from the guys on TIG, Fantastic LUKE Focus someone has on here with his MULTITUDE of LUKE Farmboys, along with info from Bill McBride).  

My big childhood collection started at end of ESB figures around 1982 when I was 8yrs old, Jedi '83 and '84 and of course POTF last 17 '85 and '86. This is when I really got into collecting the first time.

I picked the bug up again in early Nineties with Tim Zahn's novels and (sadly) spent a luda-Criss amount of money on new POTF.
I have swapped back to Vintage stuff now.   THERES Also a little Raider of the Lost Ark (A treat for anyone?)

Here goes...
Attachments
On Shelves (1).JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(79 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (2).JPG
(76 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (3).JPG
(73 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (4).JPG
(67 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (5).JPG
(61 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:01 pm

A bit more...
Attachments
On Shelves.JPG
(51 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (6).JPG
(68 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (7).JPG
Lili Ledy (Possibly)
(70 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (8).JPG
TRI LOGO Figures Tri/PBP/Palitoy
(79 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (9).JPG
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:03 pm

SOME OF MY FAVOURITES!
Attachments
On Shelves (10).JPG
(75 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (11).JPG
(72 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (12).JPG
(60 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (13).JPG
(78 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (14).JPG
(74 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:06 pm

77 - 85 LOOSE Collection
Attachments
On Shelves (21).JPG
SW First 21
(62 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (19).JPG
ESB
(77 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (20).JPG
ROTJ
On Shelves (18).JPG
POTF
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Other Variants
Attachments
On Shelves (15).JPG
(73 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
On Shelves (16).JPG
On Shelves (17).JPG
(66 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Last Few
Attachments
On Shelves (22).JPG
(75 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (23).JPG
(51 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (24).JPG
On Shelves (25).JPG
(79 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
On Shelves (26).JPG
(84 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
On Shelves (27).JPG
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:14 pm

Think this is the last few for now!

Thanks for looking   Very Happy R2D2
Attachments
On Shelves (28).JPG
(81 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (29).JPG
(77 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
On Shelves (30).JPG
On Shelves (31).JPG
(71 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Holy cow!!!!!

Wow, that's some great stuff! I gotta tell you, I love the Indiana Jones stuff!! These were the coolest figures , I have a Toht sitting on a shelf !!

Thanks guys sharing, I mean you've got your bases covered. What's next?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: THANKS!!   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Muchas Gracios amigo...

Have paused the collecting for now somewhat...

Take stock... and chill out to the fantastic pics on here of other collectors.

Bought Stephane Facourts First Meccano / Tri-Logo book a few years ago and hunted for some really cool Tri Carded figures. Kellerman's amazing book, along with the cool offerings of Gus and Duncan kept me busy etc. Its just amazing that such a site and forum exist, to pool knowlegde and love of these kinds of things.

And yes, I LOVE those Raiders Indiana figures, got a MOC and MIB Collection too (Only missing MOC Marion and MOC Arabian Horse...bought the c5 carded horse to send to AFA, but didn't wanna suffocate him / her Smile .
Of course, we were not lucky enough to have Kenner Raiders 1st time around in the UK Sad , so I picked most of these up on US ports of call / or US websites (and Oz sites , and of course the Bay of EE).

THERE is some Neat stuff out there!
I've now been collecting early English porcelain from 1780 to 1820 for over two years (I need commiting head bang )
Thanks for the reply bow
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:16 pm

AND of course, with 40 or more posts, I could sell some of this lovely collection to TRUE fans and artists such as those @ TIG... ... pirat
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Awesome collection man.  The bib red cape a dye job?  The unpainted fett looks a tad smaller scale, is it a poon rocket fett?  That sucks on the circles saber.  I knew when you mentioned the color that was where the story was going.  Afa used to not grade them as authentic so it doesn't surprise me they rejected it if it was more than a few years back.  

I also have some loose Indian 3 3/4 and a 12 inch loose sitting in my display cabinet.

Couple more questions. Why the two tri logo light blue fetts? And why the two takara r2 wind ups? Also that Luke bespin with the transforming limbs would make a fantastic addition to the everything you may want to know about discolored figures thread in vintage chat section. Wink
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:13 pm

A poor DYE job, did it myself as a, ya know, try out, soft bugger!

Rocket Firing Fett came from Hong Kong somewhere (Just wanted what I could never have - very poor figure actually, very hard limbs and the rocket firing mechanism broke three days after it came... still what did I expect!

As to the two Tri-Logo Fetts, can't remember. was it maybe painted / unpainted knee but they ended up being the exact same??

JUST LOVE Takara R2s... I know I don't need two, it's greedy. Think I'd found a loose one in US, then the AFA one came up in the UK sometime so I ditched the idea of loose. THEN, wanted one to actually play with and resorted to lookin for a beater. Next, brother saw one on his travels, I said I'd have/pay for it and when it eventually came home (from either Oz, NZ or Osaka) it was 'trapped' in its Takara ST baggie and outer plastic bag. Was often tempted to open him and have a play - that's why he was made.

Thing is, my mis-haps... That other Circle variant I talked about, very recently thought of unwrapping it out of bubble wrap (as we moved house, haven't displayed it for a bit) and having a play/display.
....I only took 2mm off the end trying to put it into Luke's arm... clumsy dude, real clumsy!
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:14 pm

I'll post a couple of decent pictures of Luke 2moro
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:54 am

Welcome to the group bud and I must say wow awesome collection you have as well. I love the MR E-11 blaster I have the .45 one of that but always wanted the full size one as well. You have a nice variety of things as well which is very cool trying to figure out the 12 inch action figure in in the vest though. I remember it and had one as well, but just cant remember from what show it's from.
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:22 am

That other figure is about 8". Palitoy Hutch from Starsky & Hutch. Mego did it in US & overseas.
I'll try a pic...
Attachments
image.jpg
(189 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 1:42 pm

That's right I had both as well as Mego SWAT and Emergency figures they were all very cool.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Taz, Staffordshire???

Send me a PM, who knows we may live on each others door step!!!
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Hey Stefan,

I'll pm 2moro.
Just looked at old vintage Lego again...

Sorry Mods, this should be somewhere else...apologies. Embarassed Embarassed

...... No blue motorbike in the end (one red, one yellow and one police mb).
No black paddle only a grey one, so fail again. Can't see a flat smooth 1x1 red.
Can't see any green 2x_ bigger than 2x6!! Didn't think I ever had 2x16!

BUT I HAVE A TREE... ... OF THE CYPRESS variety. celebrate
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:51 pm

We need to talk Wink
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Trying to put a pic on Your off topic Vintage Lego????

Why does tech, just sometimes, put u in a black hole & laugh on the other side, as if your own reflection were chuckling back at you (and not laughing with u but at u!)
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:37 pm

Amazing collection, Taz! Displays really well. Love the blaster in the glass case and those Yodas!
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Really great collection Taz!!! I can see it years to acquire everything, a lot of work and effort. I haven't seen some of the figs before especially the indiana ones. Thanks for showing learned alot being a newbie Smile - my turn soon Sad
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Just catching up on this limelight, loving the variety/other toylines & oddball stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:36 am

Great collection with some top pieces. My faves are the Takara wind-up R2s (and you have two cheers ) and the Jim Rumpf tankards - are you looking for Vader for the trio? Any plans to add some SW Sigma pieces (as you say you also collect antique English porcelain). The Starsky and Hutch palis are nice too. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Taz wrote:
My Limelighting doesn't seem much compared to what I've seen...

Then you must be comparing yours to the Sansweet Collection. lol! Seriously.. you have some crazy good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?   Can a New TIG-GER Limelight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a New TIG-GER Limelight?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next