The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Framing Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

TIG Framing Limelight Empty
PostSubject: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 am

After seeing Shawn's wonderful framing limelight and reading the wonderful one over on RS, I decided that it's high time to start our own. Wink

I went on a bit of a framing rampage this weekend. The local hobby/craft store was having an insane sale this weekend so I decided to splurge a bit. I've got many more framing projects on my To Do List, but these three won out this round. Very Happy

TIG Framing Limelight Frames10

The first poster on the left is the Celebration 5 Boba Fett poster. I just love this imagery and think it's a striking design. The Celebration info just adds to the overall image IMO.

The middle poster is a mylar Darth Vader poster that was used at Burger King here in the US in conjunction of the release of Episode 3 in 2006.

The poster on the far right is a Episode 3 version of the Star Wars Style D poster, or the Circus Poster as it's been called sometimes. I've wanted this poster for awhile as I have the original SW Style D poster and the imagery on this is such a cool homage to the original. I picked it up at C5 and even had the artist, Matt Busch, sign it for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm

They all turned out great Chris, love the C5 one! By far my favourite! You have some great posters/art in your collection!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Chris - they're all great but I love the C5 Boba. Bad ass!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

Just saw this the first time Chris. They all turned out excellent!

Here's mine mirrored here again and hopefully I'll have another one some time next month. Smile

TIG Framing Limelight Knight11
TIG Framing Limelight Adslic10

and for good measure Sarah's CV print.

TIG Framing Limelight Alvinp10
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Wow! Great thread.

Love that Boba print Chris.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 am

Cool prints, guys! Shawn, what is that print of Luke assembling his lightsaber with Vader in the background? I've never seen that before, and that is freaking rad! Gam Guard
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Very nice! How much were the frames?
I've always wanted to frame some posters but the prices of the frames completely put me off.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Cool prints, guys! Shawn, what is that print of Luke assembling his lightsaber with Vader in the background? I've never seen that before, and that is freaking rad! Gam Guard

Thanks and I 100% agree Very Happy

The print is called "Knight of Passage" and it was done by Jerry VanderStelt.

It can be ordered here

They have a paper and canvas version with each limited to 150.

Squad Leader wrote:
Very nice! How much were the frames?
I've always wanted to frame some posters but the prices of the frames completely put me off.

For the two prints I ordered from hollywoodposterframes.com. I found their pricing to be quite reasonable for archival materials and they have some of the best communication I've had in dealing with a website.

For the ad slick I used americanframe.com and it was also a good experience. You do have to put together some of the materials from them, but it isn't too difficult.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Awesome Shawn - that LJ one is great Smile
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Chris : That Darth Vader poster that was used at Burger King is fantastic!!!!

Shawn.... great frames!!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Bumping up the Framing limelight if any of our new users would like to show their goodies Cool
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Star wars rocks ! got this from the fan club maybe 15 years ago , came with a little tag signed by Hugh Flemming ( artist ) and numbered . There really just isn't enough wall space for all the prints I like , but eventually would like to get the Adam Hughes Leia , and a Mcquarrie docking bay 94 . Those are the only other 2 I would want up . Well unless someone gives me a "happy birthday star wars poster" yeah , ok , I would put that up too .

TIG Framing Limelight 008-17

Last edited by Eric Taylor on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:29 pm

WWWWWooo

What a kick ass frame Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
love it thx for sharing ++
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 pm

That's cool, Eric.
You seen this before?
TIG Framing Limelight IMG_5167a

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1045366/

Thanks for bumping this thread up, Paul. Thought there must of been something like that here. Should of just used the search feature lol!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Just to get a bit of content into this thread...I know you've probably seen me post this before on RS Embarassed
Anyway...Here is the artwork for the Aqua Blazer. An unproduced weapon pack from the Centurions line of toys.

TIG Framing Limelight 015-4

Aint it spunky lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

thats some cool art there Josh , never saw that or the diorama before . That came out great !
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:41 am

Josh, you're right, the Centurions piece is spunky and well funky! Great stuff Cool

Eric, I love that Star Wars Rocks piece :Drool: I always knew Chewie should be a drummer!

On my Ron Carter Empire Jazz LP Chewie is playing the piano lol

TIG Framing Limelight Ron_ca13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG Framing Limelight   TIG Framing Limelight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Framing Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1