The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ledy weapons with kenner figures??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Lobotic wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:
If only one thing in the response above sticks let it be the DO NOT OPEN sealed items.

Here is a good article about u-grades.  http://powerofthetoys.com/afa/

Opening for the sake of opening is no different except the item isn't graded.  It is a destructive process and serves little to no purpose.

Hi Bryan, no worries i totally understand, i didnt realise how important it was to keep these guys carded but i get it now, the card is a bit shabby thats all Embarassed bit naive like that sometimes and i really did think it would help others, again i appologise didnt mean to offend anyone and he will stay in his bubble forever as well as my other mocs promise Smile tsukuda yes my japanese is a bit rusty lol. Thanks for the advice about booties i am going to take a look. Also i had a look at the degradation thread that artoo recommended and i have found one in my collection that is not posted in that thread yet, its a good one (i think?). please let me know what you think Smile it will be on there in a bit- bespin guard black.

Thanks again for your worldly advice Bryan.
PS i really am sorry about the moc idea i really had no idea, just a dumb fan Sad

That's alright Mark.  This is all about learning.  If you can see how opening a moc can be harmful and keep your mind open to the fact that reproduction items are also harmful, you are off to a fantastic start.  Anything you want to share, do so.  The board is open and even if it is something we have seen it never hurts to see it again.  Very Happy

Thanks AJ for chiming in also. I don't study moc in depth so had no idea the bubble is different. I try to learn a little about every type of item and a lot on my area of collecting (which is ledy items), this is why I knew it was called tsukuda. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 12:49 pm

aussiejames wrote:
"i have a carded tsukami logray that i am dying to open and i was thinking of describing the opening for others (eg how the bubble pulls away from the card, the glue texture etc) i was thinking it might help others to understand the difference compared to reproduced mocs, let me know if you think its a waste of time or has somebody already done this oh and is there a certain way to open?"

PLEASE do not open a Tsukuda or any sealed item for 'research' it's all been done before.  Dozens of ways to spot a reproduction and opening a vintage item is not on he list ...  Logray usually has a 'special' bubble with a extra bit for his staff.  Any other questions jut ask Smile

Hi Aussie james, I promise u i wont open him, I have never opened any of my mocs or misbs they cost loads Smile I am fine with spotting recards and repros it was intended to help others I promise. I never intended to upset the team or any body else I joined this site to learn and share. I have learnt my lesson promise to be a part of the fanbase is to be a true fan all my sealed items stay sealed forever.
Ps your collection in lime light is awsome bow
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:55 pm

trappedtexan wrote:

Mark, notice Bill mentioned the smell of dengar there.  This is the smell I was talking about in another thread with you.  It is a sweet smell and I already shared one theory behind it.  Every PBP figure I have come across has this smell (some stronger than others).  Having it is not automatically put the figure into a pbp category, but it is a cool bonus to them. Very Happy
My PBP Greedo has a great toxic smell :bong:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:41 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Lobotic wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:
If only one thing in the response above sticks let it be the DO NOT OPEN sealed items.

Opening for the sake of opening is no different except the item isn't graded.  It is a destructive process and serves little to no purpose.

Hi Bryan, no worries i totally understand, i didnt realise how important it was to keep these guys carded but i get it now, the card is a bit shabby thats all Embarassed bit naive like that sometimes and i really did think it would help others, again i appologise didnt mean to offend anyone and he will stay in his bubble forever as well as my other mocs promise Smile tsukuda yes my japanese is a bit rusty lol. Thanks for the advice about booties i am going to take a look. Also i had a look at the degradation thread that artoo recommended and i have found one in my collection that is not posted in that thread yet, its a good one (i think?). please let me know what you think Smile it will be on there in a bit- bespin guard black.

Thanks again for your worldly advice Bryan.
PS i really am sorry about the moc idea i really had no idea, just a dumb fan Sad

That's alright Mark.  This is all about learning.  If you can see how opening a moc can be harmful and keep your mind open to the fact that reproduction items are also harmful, you are off to a fantastic start.  Anything you want to share, do so.  The board is open and even if it is something we have seen it never hurts to see it again.  Very Happy

Thanks AJ for chiming in also.  I don't study moc in depth so had no idea the bubble is different.  I try to learn a little about every type of item and a lot on my area of collecting (which is ledy items), this is why I knew it was called tsukuda. Wink

Hey Bryan, i will keep posting and sharing , Thanks for the boost Very Happy and i have deep hatred for repros that try to hard to look vintage Angry SW
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Nico wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:

Mark, notice Bill mentioned the smell of dengar there.  This is the smell I was talking about in another thread with you.  It is a sweet smell and I already shared one theory behind it.  Every PBP figure I have come across has this smell (some stronger than others).  Having it is not automatically put the figure into a pbp category, but it is a cool bonus to them. Very Happy
My PBP Greedo has a great toxic smell :bong:

Hi Nico, i have seen the PBP greedos but never smelt one i hope it gives you the buzz my T/F does Stormie Smiley i think i have a the PBP hammerhead but he he doesn't really have a smell so i will need confirmation, i will post his pics in a mo Smile
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 11:54 am

trappedtexan wrote:

Hi Bryan, just read the powerofthetoys link, well informative i have seen sets opened on ebay,i think i saw a villain pack opened the other day and i did wonder why? i didnt realise they were actually opening them for profit!! theses graders are like butchers chopping and tearing their way through our childhood heritage, no emotional attachment whatsoever, are they even fans?? Angry SW Angry SW Angry SW

On a different note Im NOT proud of this but i bought that same Luke about a month ago on ebay, he is not afa graded or ukg, he was just being sold as a lot ,there was a cloud car pilot as well, the seller is selling more like this right now, never had him with the cloak like that so i bought him, but i didnt know what was actually going on , i dont personally own any afas!! its just coincidence honest so please dont give me a hard time Smile i dont think hes a clipper or tri? all i know is he came with these cards.
ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 20160332
ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 20160331
ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 20160329
ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 20160330
I feel a bit guilty like i have contributed but then again i didnt know so im innocent unsure
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

A lot of the Luke jedi come with the green band on the cloak I believe. I may be wrong. Seeing the lot you have there, it is likely that one may have been graded or u-graded but the other being in that condition looks like someone opened it to have a mint figure. Thiose are nice cardbacks though. One is a tri logo obviously, but the other appears to be a Canadian kenner. Either way it is a nice lot. No one would hold that against you, you didn't open them.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:40 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
A lot of the Luke jedi come with the green band on the cloak I believe.  I may be wrong.  Seeing the lot you have there, it is likely that one may have been graded or u-graded but the other being in that condition looks like someone opened it to have a mint figure.  Thiose are nice cardbacks though.  One is a tri logo obviously, but the other appears to be a Canadian kenner.  Either way it is a nice lot.  No one would hold that against you, you didn't open them.  

That makes sense,you said the one with the black bar under the logo is a canadian kenner- i must have misread somewhere because i thought the bar meant it was a clipper? i need to do more reading. i am going to sound stupid again but are the cardbacks collectable as well just on there own? Also is there anyway of telling which card he came off of? Thanks for the time you take educating me Bryan

i have alot to learn and collect, but "i can do this, i'm not afraid" Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Cardbacks are collectable on their own. I collect loose so still don't know all the cardbacks by sight. I saw the multi line languages in the top corner and assumed it was a Canadian, but they have only two lines. Looking over it closer it appears to be a palitoy card.

http://powerofthetoys.com/luke-jedi/

There is a really good luke jedi limelight and research thread here, but I didn't dig it out yet. I will ink it in a minute. It was either craig or shawn who made it? I will find it in a minute.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Here is shawn's luke jedi focus thread:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2461-i-m-a-luke-jedi-limelight-2012-update?highlight=luke+jedi

And we have figure of the week threads where everyone contributes pics of each figure.  Here is the luke jedi one:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4789-the-tig-fotw-thread-luke-jedi?highlight=luke+jedi

As far as telling which card he came off of, I don't think there is anything special from one luke jedi to another once loose with the exception of ledy ones and possibly the snap cape only came on certain backs(?) and top toys but that is a different category altogether. I don't know that you would be able to determine a loose one from another loose one other than saying what coo he has and going by the coo guide.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 2:12 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Cardbacks are collectable on their own.  I collect loose so still don't know all the cardbacks by sight.  I saw the multi line languages in the top corner and assumed it was a Canadian, but they have only two lines.  Looking over it closer it appears to be a palitoy card.

http://powerofthetoys.com/luke-jedi/

There is a really good luke jedi limelight and research thread here, but I didn't dig it out yet.  I will ink it in a minute.  It was either craig or shawn who made it?  I will find it in a minute.

I haven't got a clue with cardbacks unless they say what they are, I didn't know about the codes etc thanks Bryan I will look into this now. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 2:52 pm

trappedtexan wrote:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2461-i-m-a-luke-jedi-limelight-2012-update?highlight=luke+jedi

And we have figure of the week threads where everyone contributes pics of each figure.  Here is the luke jedi one:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4789-the-tig-fotw-thread-luke-jedi?highlight=luke+jedi

As far as telling which card he came off of, I don't think there is anything special from one luke jedi to another once loose with the exception of ledy ones and possibly the snap cape only came on certain backs(?) and top toys but that is a different category altogether.  I don't know that you would be able to determine a loose one from another loose one other than saying what coo he has and going by the coo guide.

I am a loosie as well, i think i get it now, there are only really 2 special variants to collect loose the rest are the normal kenner variants? and if i wanted e.g. a luke jedi palitoy then moc is the way to go. Thanks bryan your a star Very Happy im still reading those links...
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:04 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
A lot of the Luke jedi come with the green band on the cloak I believe.  I may be wrong.  Seeing the lot you have there, it is likely that one may have been graded or u-graded but the other being in that condition looks like someone opened it to have a mint figure.  Thiose are nice cardbacks though.  One is a tri logo obviously, but the other appears to be a Canadian kenner.  Either way it is a nice lot.  No one would hold that against you, you didn't open them.  

Hi guys,

Just been pointed to this thread.

The card with the black bar it a standard palitoy - looks like a 65-A (first issue) to me (have a look on the back to see if there's a small HN printed on the bottom right corner. Clipper did import these but the stuck a large wrap around sticker on the front and back.

If the "HN" is printed on the back of the palitoy then the loose Luke in the same photo did not come from that card. It would of been a NCOO Luke from Hong Kong. The one shown is was made in Taiwan. You could get these on a tri-logo but I have never seen them in the etched bubbles - which your tri-logo card back had. Most likely it can from one of the thousands of Luke Jedi Made in Taiwan ROC baggies that were discovered a few years back. It one of the most popular Luke Jedi figures you can get - note it has a pale face which tells me it was one of the last variations made (found on POTF and 77, 79 backs)
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Looks like my original thread is also still available - I went to the effort to track the different variations and needed only two to get a full run of Kenner variations. One day I will get time to update it but you can find it by clicking the Luke Jedi thumb nail below in my signature. I'm not sure how I get the link up using my iPhone.

Edit to add the link: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t504-craigy-s-luke-jedi-last-updated-02-07-2010#7598

Ps there's loads of variants of Luke each one quite important in the evolution.

Ps2 three factories originally made Luke -all the Far East 2 in Hong Kong and one in Tiawan and all three original release with a snap cape.... Towards the end a fourth factory lili ledy started but it only made figures for Mexico.

trappedtexan wrote:

As far as telling which card he came off of, I don't think there is anything special from one luke jedi to another once loose with the exception of ledy ones and possibly the snap cape only came on certain backs(?) and top toys but that is a different category altogether.  I don't know that you would be able to determine a loose one from another loose one other than saying what coo he has and going by the coo guide.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:16 pm

cheers I knew it either you or Shawn who made a good Luke Jedi guide. Turns out both of you made one. Embarassed I swear I searched forever and couldn't find it though just his.

I found another site link in one of the post above which had confirmed the cardback as a palitoy. I remember combing through your research that's why I knew it existed.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Also great to see you back.  Stick around if you have time.  Some other old timers have stopped in recently including Jay.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8365-hi-guys

Also I put the link to your thread in your post for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:37 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Also great to see you back.  Stick around if you have time.  Some other old timers have stopped in recently including Jay.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8365-hi-guys

Also I put the link to your thread in your post for you. Wink

Thanks Bryan - appreciate that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 6:01 am

Craig T wrote:
Looks like my original thread is also still available - I went to the effort to track the different variations and needed only two to get a full run of Kenner variations. One day I will get time to update it but you can find it by clicking the Luke Jedi thumb nail below in my signature. I'm not sure how I get the link up using my iPhone.

Edit to add the link: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t504-craigy-s-luke-jedi-last-updated-02-07-2010#7598

Ps there's loads of variants of Luke each one quite important in the evolution.

Ps2 three factories originally made Luke -all the Far East 2 in Hong Kong and one in Tiawan and all three original release with a snap cape.... Towards the end a fourth factory lili ledy started but it only made figures for Mexico.

trappedtexan wrote:

Not been on for a bit, life is so boring but it pays for my habit lol!! thanks Craig for extra info it has really helped and the links are really helpful also Very Happy have just started to realise the depth of card back collecting which makes it more of a challenge!! gotta love a challenge Stormie Smiley
Ps the jedi focus is amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ledy weapons with kenner figures??   ledy weapons with kenner figures?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ledy weapons with kenner figures??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2