The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how not to get a holiday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

how not to get a holiday Empty
PostSubject: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 am

Well it seems I do need a suit of bubble wrap like the wife says I do. I figured it was a Friday afternoon and I wanted to get out of work early so I tried a new idea well it worked lol. I was taking off a tire at work and the socket on my air gun caught the rubber glove I was wearing and spun my hand around it. I pretty much dislocated my pinky and chipped the bone now I need to see the plastic surgeon to ensure I did no tendon damage. I always say anytime you can just laugh about your dumb way to hurt yourself works. I am ok just got a sore left hand and a hurt ego. So if you are thinking you need a vacation from work don't try this lol

how not to get a holiday Hand110
how not to get a holiday Hand410
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 am

Ouch  sick  

Get well soon Larry!

At least you can say you are trying to copy Squidhead's hand now  Smile

how not to get a holiday Squidh10

and remember there are always worse holidays out there lol!

how not to get a holiday Hol_sp10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:47 am

Hope it feels better!

I dislocated my pinky in high school during P.E. -- I tried twisting it back into place and just heard more cracking. When I went to the hospital for x-rays, it looked like the Gatorade symbol / Harry Potter's lightning bolt forehead. A hair away from a break.

At the hospital, my father said he had something the previous week that he forgot to give to me: a tiger's eye pinky ring for good luck.

:I am stupid: :I am stupid: :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 am

Awe Larry.  That doesn't look or feel very good.  I hope they can do something about it.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

If your not careful they might start replacing your fingers.

how not to get a holiday Edward10
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Damn Larry  Shocked

Maybe you should post this sign in your work area ...

how not to get a holiday Fc550x11

Wink:cool laugh:Wink
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 8:10 pm

thanks guys and my wife will deffinitly aree with you James. It's a pain trying to work on custom figures and stuff though Smile.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Missed this earlier. That sucks man. Hope no major damage is done.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Ouch  sick  

Get well soon Larry!

Paul - you've won the internet with that. I almost passed out laughing at Larry's injury (Sorry Larry!)

Larry get better soon man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Artoo_Detour wrote:
Ouch  sick  

Get well soon Larry!

Paul - you've won the internet with that. I almost passed out laughing at Larry's injury (Sorry Larry!)

Larry get better soon man!

So did I when I seen it guess my new call sign should be SquidLarry lol
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:35 pm

doh Missed that before, get well soon Larry cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks all I go to the plastic surgeon today to see if I did any major damage hopefully it's all good. Not sure what the plan for this bone chip floating around inside my finger is though.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Good luck man. Neutral
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:53 pm

arohk wrote:
Thanks all I go to the plastic surgeon today to see if I did any major damage hopefully it's all good. Not sure what the plan for this bone chip floating around inside my finger is though.

Amputate! Off with his finger..........just kidding man. lol! Unless the chip is causing other issues would they take it out? I don't know much in the way of medical stuff, but if it isn't causing any problems and is just there, might cause more issues trying to remove it.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 9:55 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
arohk wrote:

Amputate!  Off with his finger..........just kidding man.  lol!  Unless the chip is causing other issues would they take it out?  I don't know much in the way of medical stuff, but if it isn't causing any problems and is just there, might cause more issues trying to remove it.

Nope no amputations today lol. The surgeon said the bone chip is ok and will heal to the bone and that I didn't do any major damage to the finger, which is good it would make holding my sword a bit tough for the coming zombie invasion. I should be back to work on wed with light duties so I got lucky this time Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Great news. cheers Now to get a new pair of gloves........perhaps bubble wrapped extra padded. lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:22 am

Great news Larry. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how not to get a holiday   how not to get a holiday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how not to get a holiday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1