The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this cape repro?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

Is this cape repro? Empty
PostSubject: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 8:04 am

I got this Jedi Luke snap cape in with a bunch of stuff. The snaps are black. I have never seen one like this and the cape feels "thinner" than my other snap capes. Is it a repro cape?
 photo IMG_2486.jpg

photo IMG_2485.jpg
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 am

I haven't seen one like it before but that doesn't mean anything. Check the limelight section for the Luke Jedi focus and see I think it was Shawn or Craig (or both) who have it and there is a ton of info in there.

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am

My focus of the picture immediately veered right...

"What's in the booooooooox?!?!"

bounce

lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm

I have two snaps, one thick and fluffy, the other thinner and less fluffy a bit like your pic. Both sets of press studs are silver. Is the stictching in the hood of yours black? Or is it the light?

Yours looks a bit like the stitched cape. Don't have mine to hand atm to check the colour stitching of the lining of hood. Yours doesn't look repro but possibly it's a stitched that's been 'unstitched' and someone added a black press stud set to it?

Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:06 pm

The stitch on the inside is black, but on the outside of the cape/hood, no black stitching is visible. I got this cape in a pile of figures from someone in Canada so I don't really know where it came from. The figure pile had some Lili Ledy's and some PBP, along with HK, Taiwan, China, and no COO figures.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't know that I have ever seen one with black stitches before. Ledy did not have snap cape co that is not a possibility (at least to my knowledge they didn't).
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:13 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
My focus of the picture immediately veered right...

"What's in the booooooooox?!?!"

bounce

lol!

The box... it's full of dead minty fresh vintage figures. I had it ready to go to AFA to get a set of "85's" until I read the AFA thread on this site. I think I'll just keep them loose now. But the figures are the best of the best I own.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 4:26 am

This doesn't look right to me and I'd say it's probibly repo as the material just doesn't look right, there's only 3 factories that produced these, HK which is the bottom right, MIHK top left and I think the other 2 are Taiwans

Is this cape repro? DSCF2702
Is this cape repro? DSCF2705
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:07 am

Scott is spot on.  3 factories ( ignoring Ledy) - specific cape material for each, unlike the one in question
Is this cape repro? Capes_10
Craig's research thread: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t504-craigy-s-luke-jedi-last-updated-02-07-2010

Think of all that money you have saved from not sending your figures away for grading Smile
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 am

the snaps on my lukes cape are silver
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks for the follow ups. I think it is repro too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this cape repro?   Is this cape repro? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this cape repro?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1