The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 am

This pack is owned by Nigo owner and creator of A Bathing Ape. He has one of the biggest Star Wars collections.

Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  68EDCEF2-1C18-400A-A436-D7F383DF97B1.png_zps9kyrmuom

This is my 1st time ever seeing or hearing about one of these! Just how rare is this 7 Pack?

Also his Focus on Fett is pretty awesome. In the pic below he has EVERY Boba Fett Variant Card Back (Except for Droids). This is a pretty epic photo.

Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  5DA03C96-564A-4BC0-B84F-05FA21915CF6.png_zps7yrbcdks

Below is a Video of Nigo's Collection. It's a old video so it's probably not updated with all the newer things he's added.

https://youtu.be/mQU-0ahn8uk
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:14 am

I remember seeing the video- lots of rare items.
Allen had a Fett focus http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1033786/
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:41 am

June, here is a little bit of information on them in this page. I don't know how rare they are. http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/esbfigs.htm

The page indicates that these were sears Canada packs so I am unsure if they were also released in the US. This was the pack from sears Canada that came with the skinwrapped figures on generic cardbacks so seeing as the pictured one doesn't have one of those, but rather has the exclusive lobot on a regular card it is possible the set is either a mixed set or that these were also issued in the US with standard cardbacks.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Thank you for the info and link @trappedtexan

And you have a good eye lol I know what your talking about with the shrink wrap style I've seen a couple for sale here and there. Their really janky and cheap looking lol
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Jedi_june wrote:
Thank you for the info and link @trappedtexan

And you have a good eye lol I know what your talking about with the shrink wrap style I've seen a couple for sale here and there. Their really janky and cheap looking lol

Sacrilege to call them Junky and cheap. Angry SW Just kidding man, they are junky and cheap looking. lol! I think they are really quite rare and I know I saw one sell not long ago for a huge amount.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:48 pm

The vaccuform figures (what you're calling shrinkwrapped) are beyond rare. Very few examples of each. Bryan alluded to the recent auction of an R2D2 that sold for $3600.

The sets are probably just as rare or rarer!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 pm

John, the one June shows has all figures on regular production cards. Were these released this way or does that mean the set is most likely mixed up? I know that the skinwrapped figures were exclusive to Sears Canada only so if these seven packs came out elsewhere maybe they were all regular carded figures? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!    Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Sears ESB 7 Pack Exclusive!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1