The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Empty
PostSubject: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:50 pm

ive got this death star commander with no chest emblem  Very Happy . ive had him for well over 20 years . I cannot figure out where hes from? tri logo ? pbp? defo not a kenner imo but not sure with no chest emblem. hes got a strange coo also unsure  . ive included pictures of course . ive looked at the coo guide and it seems hes a match for a kenner but with this coo It.... seems highly unlikely . his eyes are brown not black . his wrist button is there . the helmet is matte black not shiny
anyone got this one?
I was obsessed with this variant pre internet and now that all info or lots of it is readily available I cant figure it out??
thanks in advance , bill

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Ds

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Ds2
ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Ds3

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Ds5
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:20 pm

I think AJ has one. I saw some threads on rebelscum that talk about it if you search for insignia instead of emblem. I couldn't find any here.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks bryan . Ill check
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:05 pm

hmmmmmmmm nothing No
Back to top Go down
dejarik
New User
New User
dejarik

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:04 pm

I have one of these. Let me know if you find anything out.
Back to top Go down
http://dejarik.net
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Bill, here are three that I found really quick.  I didn't look for more, but earlier I had found at least one other because I skim the info quickly.

Here is a picture of AJ's in the last response.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1103975/

Here is bonsai's limelight showing his and the value of it.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098128/

Here is one listing various variants note the second response.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t810147/

These were just the few I grabbed there were a ton that came up.  This is not meant as condescending so please don't take it that way.  You may have tried to use the on site rebelscum search which is crap.  If you do a google search and after your search enter site: forum.rebelscum it will give you a list of the forum thread with the actual search term in it.  Rebelscum's on site search sucks.
Ex: death squad commander no insignia site: forum.rebelscum
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah the 'Ledy counterpart' seems to appear without insignia often- if it was there when it left the factory?
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Bryan yeah I used their search , Evil or Very Mad it blows lol! , ive also seen pictures of it but don't know its origins? ive seen bonsai's many times

AJ do you think this is a ledy with that melted coo?? unsure
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 am

hellhippie wrote:

AJ do you think this is a ledy with that melted coo?? unsure

:scratch:

Apart from the 13 MIM MOC figures all Ledy figures have a 'Kenner' counterpart
ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Sdc13237

Note the brown vs black eyes/brows
ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? Sdc12109
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 4:43 am

Hi HH, I think there's two of these pretty much exactly the same like there is with other figures produced in China, this Mould was first edited by Kader I'm guessing in HK but these ones without a chest emblem I'd guess where made in China because of the similarities to that factories other figures. I'm not sure if the emblem has come away due to time or China made a batch without but there is a few out there like this.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 am

ive had mine for over 20 years and im sure I bought him cause he had no emblem . I think he came without one
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 am

Hi Bill,

In the Lili Ledy guide a comparison is made between a LL DSC and his Kenner counterpart (having blue AND red emblems).

So this figure can also appear with complete emblems.

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 4:46 am

Have a look at franks guide and you can see his version of this figure with his emblems still present in his ESB era China Baggie Cool
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937&start=15
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 am

thanks guys , so im to believe this guy is a kenner counterpart to a ll? withthe melted coo? this hobby really gets confusing sometimes.:scratch: I never heard of kenner producing figures with an altered coo? sometimes trying to catalogue your figures will drive ya bat shit bonkers :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:23 am

hellhippie wrote:
thanks guys , so im to believe this guy is a kenner counterpart to a  ll? withthe melted coo? this hobby really gets confusing sometimes.:scratch:  I never heard of kenner producing figures with an altered coo? sometimes trying to catalogue your figures will drive ya bat shit bonkers :I am stupid:

I wouldn't call him a Kenner Ledy counterpart because he's made in China and found throughout Europe but he is the Ledy counterpart. Kader was the main HK factory and China was producing these No COO DSC for them for ROTJ/Tri-logo era. I'm not sure if Kader originally edited the mould and also sent these variants out to Europe or if China edited the mould. Kader did do this with other figures though and either Taiwan or China made the same variants at the same time, as they did with other characters. This can be seen with Kaders Jawa as China and Taiwan produced these same Jawas for Kader with the smooth capes, China for Kenner ROTJ and The Tri-Logos and made in Taiwan. Although I've never come across one in a Taiwan Baggie.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 am

now that's very thorough and explains tons, thanks so much for that info . glad I own him .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?   ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ODD death star commander with no chest emblem origins?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1