The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help with...Death Squad Commander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

Need help with...Death Squad Commander Empty
PostSubject: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help me positively ID these DSCs...? The fourth one is a standard Hong Kong COO. Its the first 3 that are in question. I'm pretty sure what each one is, but wanted to get some advice from the experts Smile [Sorry about the shadows on the pics - my puppy ate my light box lights - seriously!]

Need help with...Death Squad Commander DscF
Need help with...Death Squad Commander DscB

Things to note about them:
1. Dark grey in colour; glossy helmet; melted COO
2. Dark grey in colour; matte helmet; melted COO
3. Light grey in colour; matte helmet; scar COO
4. Light grey in colour; matte helmet; HK COO

Any ideas as to origin of these guys?
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 pm

anyone...? :SOS:

Help me wolffi-wan kenobi...youre my only hope!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 am

Well i have a china bagged DSC right infront of me now but cannot work out which one it is.

The coo looks the same as # 1, but helmet is matt finish. Not sure if he is dark or light grey as i have no other to compare him against.

Here he is

Need help with...Death Squad Commander 28386811

The baggie is pretty cloudy so hard to get a shot of the coo, you can just about make it out (if you squint lol)

Need help with...Death Squad Commander P9096310
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

the second yould be ledy!

There is a dot on the gloves (his left hand, right hand from the front)

Ledy has no silver painted there! (so there should be no silver or any tiny rests from paint!)

first one looks indeed like china baggie!

third one is fake or a short shot. I cannot see it right on the pic, but it looks definatley unknown to me! My guess would be someone scratched the HK away.....dont laugh...coo fakes will become normal in future and I already seen a few!

On the other hand it could be just a short shot!...but I would need a close up pic!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks Del and Wolff

wbobafett wrote:
the second yould be ledy!

There is a dot on the gloves (his left hand, right hand from the front)

Ledy has no silver painted there! (so there should be no silver or any tiny rests from paint!)
I'm glad you said that, as it is supposed to be a Ledy Smile I wasn't 100% though due to the matte helmet. So there looks to be a variant on the ledy DSC then...glossy helmet or matte helmet...?

wbobafett wrote:
first one looks indeed like china baggie!
hmmm...I thought this was a Ledy too. Its basically identical to #2 except has a glossy helmet.
If #1 is a China baggie, does that mean the dark grey body/limbs are not exclusively Ledy?
I thought from Dels shots (although the baggie makes it hard to tell) that his figure is a standard no coo figure (light grey)

wbobafett wrote:
third one is fake or a short shot. I cannot see it right on the pic, but it looks definatley unknown to me! My guess would be someone scratched the HK away.....dont laugh...coo fakes will become normal in future and I already seen a few!

On the other hand it could be just a short shot!...but I would need a close up pic!
TBH I thought he same thing - the scar on the COO is very rough and there is a chunk missing from his leg above the coo. So in your experience wollf is there a legit scar coo DSC? I haven't seen or heard of one before...?

Also - showing some inexperience here - whats a "short shot"? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Your 1 & 2 have different position of 1977? Short shot is when they poured the plastic in the mold it ran short a bit?
Need help with...Death Squad Commander SDC11699
Need help with...Death Squad Commander SDC11698
Ledy on the left? has glossy black paint.

"There is a dot on the gloves (his left hand, right hand from the front)

Ledy has no silver painted there! (so there should be no silver or any tiny rests from paint!)" :scratch: I don't understand Embarassed
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:50 am

aussiejames wrote:
Your 1 & 2 have different position of 1977? Short shot is when they poured the plastic in the mold it ran short a bit?
Right you are AJ - well spotted. So along with the different helmets they look to have different COOs. Pretty sure they are both Ledys, but will wait for greater expertise to confirm Smile

aussiejames wrote:
"There is a dot on the gloves (his left hand, right hand from the front)

Ledy has no silver painted there! (so there should be no silver or any tiny rests from paint!)" :scratch: I don't understand Embarassed
I think what he means is the dots on the wrists of the DSC are painted silver in most releases but the ledys have no silver there at all. So even those with bad paint wear will usually have a spec or two of silver left over, rather than being totally black in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with...Death Squad Commander   Need help with...Death Squad Commander I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with...Death Squad Commander

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1