The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reproduction early bird coupon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Reproduction early bird coupon Empty
PostSubject: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:55 pm

A new reproduction early bird coupon has hit the market apparently. I seem to remember we had seen some repro early bird stuff before, but can't find it. Anyway if you guys are in the early bird market be aware these came to light today on rebelscum.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1121397/

Might be good to get some pics for the main site if someone wants to ask David or some of the others fo pics.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Bryan, Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:19 am

Another disturbing repro.

Thanks for the heads up, Bryan.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 4:07 am

Thanks for sharing, Bryan. Sad to hear about more scamming like this Evil or Very Mad

I've added a Watch Out and linked the RS thread to the first page of ImperialGunnery.Com

I've contacted David to see if we can add some of his photos later to the archive.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:59 pm

If you haven't kept up with the latest posts in the rebelscum thread this was added by Chris G*****(I didn't memorize how to spell his last name)

"OK, so I just got this juicy info from a reliable source who got it directly from a Kenner guy. To detect possible fake coupons being redeemed, Kenner supposedly printed an image of Vader on the coupon that's visible under black light.

Can someone please verify if this is true, and even better, get a photo of it? This one was news to me!

-chris"

So if any of you have real coupons and a black light can we confirm this bit of info? A pic would be great.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:46 am

Just an update. Some have tried the black light and said they see nothing. So far this info about the black light seems to not be true. Still, if you have a coupon and black light it wouldn't hurt to try and hit this thread back so we can confirm that it isn't true. Check the rebelscum thread out if you haven't. I spoke to David about the copy and an original that they found that is different from another original shown in there. So there may be more than one legit type of coupon as well as these copies, however this is also unconfirmed as David is the only one who responded to me and everything else has been about the copy and the scammer.

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 am

Just an update.

I have the copy in hand. The seller did refund more than fairly and we (TIG) can now scan the document so it can be properly documented and we can have one on file in the TIG archives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 12:49 pm

That's great John. At least this one will be able to be seen. If you haven't searched eBay in a bit you can search Star Wars early bird vintage and see that some jackwagon is selling a digital copy of these certificates for very cheap. This is only going to get worse I fear for these higher end paperwork items.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:40 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Just an update.

I have the copy in hand. The seller did refund more than fairly and we (TIG) can now scan the document so it can be properly documented and we can have one on file in the TIG archives.  

Thinking more on this it is very important that the tells of a real one be pointed out. It is believed that this fake was a copy of an original meaning that there can be originals out there with the same spacing, fonts, etc.... so the tells of it being fake was the folds being copied and not folded and the thickness of the paper. Perhaps instead of saying what a real one should look like just point out the flaws here so as not to let people perfect these any better?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:44 pm

It's up on the main page. The person who sold it allowed me to keep it. He could've insisted on it's return but knowing it's out of circulation is a big plus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction early bird coupon   Reproduction early bird coupon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reproduction early bird coupon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1