The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Yoda questions, sorry…

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vincentvanghoul
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vincentvanghoul

More Yoda questions, sorry… Empty
PostSubject: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Sorry for being full of questions and not much to offer in return. If any of you make it to the Pacific Northwest (Portland area) I owe you a pint or two for sure…

I recently picked up these two little green fellers from two separate auctions and they're different from the rest of my Yodas for sure. I've done a little digging and I believe they're both COO#3 (one has a deep scar, but it looks the same) they have the same belt with the circle, but different robe textures. From what I can tell one might be a Poch, but that's based on my very incomplete research, so I don't know. If any of you wanna take a look and give me an opinion it's much appreciated. This is just out of my realm of knowledge. And again, if you find yourself in the North West, let me know and I'll buy you a beer (if your 21+ of course). Cheers!
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_17
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_18
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_19
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_20
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_21
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_22
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_23
More Yoda questions, sorry… Photo_24
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 4:02 pm

well one thing we have no issues with questions when beers involved lol I can see what you mean by the difference in the robe textures I unfortunitly don't have a lot to help with it could be something different I know I found things here in B.C. that were from the UK and didn't even notice it and getting things in an auction you never know what you may find. Sorry I can't be of any real help.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 4:11 pm

you'll see quite a few yoda robe variations but it looks like the robe on the figure on the right might be inside out :scratch:
Back to top Go down
vincentvanghoul
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vincentvanghoul

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
you'll see quite a few yoda robe variations but it looks like the robe on the figure on the right might be inside out :scratch:

Thanks for the comments, guys:) I just checked and the robe is right-side out. I was more curious about the other characteristics like the COO, especially the one with the scar, and the poor sonic welding and paint application. I'm pretty sure that the one with the grayish head is a degradation issue, like others with that COO, but the other one has some things going on that from what I've read seem to be common in Poch Yodas. However, there's a lot I don't know and I don't want to be the guy thinking I have something that I don't. It's more curiosity than anything. Thanks again!

PS Are you the same ourchickenshack from eBay? If so I'm pretty sure I've bought some stuff from you. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Man there is only one chickenshack that matters and that's James's. He is a great dealer, and an alright guy too (sometimes) lol!

As far as that scar on yoda, that is most likely play wear or alteration made by someone. Not a recognized coo that yoda can have. As far as if one can be a poch or not, I am no help there at all. I will say that poch stuff is rare, most usually only from Spanish dealers (poch is the line from Spain), and most of the pieces are over rated in my opinion. A lot of guys put faith in the melt marks, defects, flaws, etc... But just because a figure was made crappily does not make it a poch. Javiswspain, Kennethb, wolff, and Marco are probably the most knowledgable guys with poch around. A few others that are starting in on poch stuff like Chris also.
Back to top Go down
vincentvanghoul
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vincentvanghoul

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:00 pm

I see what you're saying. Of all the alterations one could make to their toys, I don't really see the point of that one, but then again I'm usually surprised by the things some people have done to their figures for no good reason. Scaring that part of the COO just seems particularly strange to me, though it wouldn't be a total shock if that's exactly what happened...
Yeah, I'm not comfortable at all with trying to identify Poch stuff. I know well enough not to put my faith in the melt marks and stuff like that for exactly the reasons you said. I've seen all kinds of sloppy work make it out of the factories. I barely have Ledy figured out and they tend to make things pretty easy, haha.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

vincentvanghoul wrote:
ourchickenshack wrote:

PS Are you the same ourchickenshack from eBay? If so I'm pretty sure I've bought some stuff from you. Cheers!

Yep , I am the only chickenshack I know of What a Face

"Poop Face" Yoda , as he has been lovingly nicknamed , has been discussed before :

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4685-yoda-olive-head-with-hong-kong-coo3?highlight=yoda

might be a good place to add your pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vincentvanghoul
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vincentvanghoul

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
vincentvanghoul wrote:
ourchickenshack wrote:

Yep , I am the only chickenshack I know of What a Face

"Poop Face" Yoda , as he has been lovingly nicknamed , has been discussed before :

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4685-yoda-olive-head-with-hong-kong-coo3?highlight=yoda

might be a good place to add your pics Very Happy

I thought I knew the name. You're always selling some rad stuff. You have anything coming up I might want to spend money I don't have on?
Thank you for the link!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Yoda questions, sorry…   More Yoda questions, sorry… I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Yoda questions, sorry…

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1