The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meccano Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

since I picked up my first meccano variant as some of you know (death star droid) ive been interested in these variants , loose of course . ive noticed their is no guide on them as its generally accepted I think :scratch: that they were produced by pbp. im curious if any here collect them or own the full set.

1. is there a guide that has meccano variant coo's? I know luke has a blank raised bar, I also know about the death star droid....BUT..........................................

2. how many true meccano variants are there? as I see the no coo yoda referred to as "sometimes called meccano" this puzzles me for sure and has over the years stopped me from grabbing one. ive also seen this referral to another variant I own the "geisha" pale faced leia bespin.

3. whats all this ive read about faked meccano boba fetts.... how can I be sure im grabbing the right one.

4. on the luke meccano hoth luke variant I know he has a pink face , what else makes him unique?

5. I feel that there should be a guide for these variants if its at all plausible because like the droids, glasslite guides there isn't that many figures released either and they have guides.......(maybe im jumping the gun but if they are a legit variant in the foreign collector community why isn't there a thread on them ??? anywhere :scratch: I know they are collected and i'll be trying this yr to complete this run ,,,,,,,,,,

6 . thanks
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:11 pm

The info is scattered all over the place but seem to refer to figures 'only' found on the French trilogos- see trilogoinfo.com.

Just my quick thoughts( do NOT take as 100%):
The list:
Rebel Soldier- big copyright one line no CoO
Leia Hoth- black hair one line no CoO
Boba fett- defined Copyright no CoO- the two smooth right legs have specific areas of 'smoothness'- hard to fake
Yoda- lots of arguments over difference with 'POTF' version, flexy cane etc.
Tie fighter pilot- helmet emblems closer to centre line.
Meccano Questions  FSWBOBA_16

more of a read: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3630-new-purchase-that-included-mecc-fett-and-others
so that link covers Ackbar, Luke Hoth & Macao Biker

You've mentioned Luke Farmboy & DSD already.  Just Tusken Raider- no CoO hollow cheek

'Honourable' mention  : light green head Wally, maybe a no CoO IG88?, edit R2 sensorscope, no CoO 1977 not adjacent to legs

Last edited by aussiejames on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Yoda: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3191-meccano-yoda?highlight=Meccano
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6736-meccano-yoda-vs-potf-yoda?highlight=Meccano

Steve gives the run down on Fett here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3855-the-tig-fotw-thread-boba-fett

Leia Bespin not exclusive: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6074-meccano-leia-bespin?highlight=meccano
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:44 pm

AJ covered it pretty much. Lee was working on a guide but lost the bug and left before finishing. There are several figures that were exclusive and some that may not be (see yoda). The fett thing your referring to is most likely the comparison between a light blue "tri logo" fett versus what should be the true tri logo fett as I think there is an article or thread that even is called something like the true tri logo fett or very similar title. The fett with no coo smooth legs which has two different molds (distinguished by folds in the suit near the rear knee) is what is now called the meccano fett. I have seen the light green walrusman in a Baggie called a meccano but I don't know for sure if that is accurate.

I have heard that meccano or miro meccano did not actually produce any figures so likely the same coo markings can be found on other company cards, but since the coo can not be seen while carded it hasn't been confirmed which card.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 8:28 am

thanks guys . I know more now than I did Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meccano Questions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meccano Questions    Meccano Questions  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meccano Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1