The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days Empty
PostSubject: Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days   Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 am

So I know when you hear that you might think it's the buyer. I swear it's not!!! I've been buying up lots in order to hopefully get weapons to re-shoot TIG's main site. I am just shocked at the crap that goes down. I've had issues with 7 orders out of 23. That's about 1 in 3 , which is just way out of line. I'm not outing people (except one) because only one flagrantly told me take a hike. The rest, once caught, made it right.

1) After winning an auction with Paploo staff in it for $11 shipped, I get a message saying he lost a "stick" but would give me a Hoth Rifle instead. I told him no and asked how, after it sold under his desired $25 buy it now,he lost the most expensive item. I flat out asked him if he was keeping the staff or selling it to someone else. He didn't deny it, just offered a refund.

2)Bought set of complete figures. Seller fails to mention that weapons are GLUED onto the figures. Literally glued on. Claims he just didn't know.

3)Emperor and Vader set. Emperor described with "Condition is outstanding" but picture focused more on Vader with Emperor off to side. Emperor arrives with nose rubbed off horribly. Seller claims innocent mistake

4)"Vintage Star Wars Toy" - Slave 1 with Boba Fett. Says "1981 Jenner (sic) Slave 1 and Boba Fett. Boba Fett is the 2010 Boba Fett. Seller says the 1981 only applied to Slave 1. When I replied that I'd out him he writes back saying I'm threatening him and "End of Communications". Seller is mch.us.sxnllrt7 , avoid at all costs.

5) Missing Item from weapons lot. I believe this one. Not a big deal but just it's in the list.

6)Accessory lot with Sy Snootles Microphone being the big item. Microphone turned facing away so the missing part isn't visible and no disclaimer about it. I contact seller, who knows it was broken, and just says he forgot to mention it.

7)Accessory lot with Droopy McCool microphone. End of mic facing away from camera. No disclaimer about any issues. Microphone was chewed (like by a child or small animal). Seller says she knew, but this is how she makes a living and begs me to not leave bad feedback.

In all but one I did get a partial refund to make thinfs even but compared to the time spent it was a waste. I also am on hyperalert now because it seems the new thing is the "innocent mistake" or "I didn't say it wasn't chewed".

Anyone else noticing this downward spiral?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days   Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

so far I have been lucky but I also only deal with ones I dealt with in the past. I did have one where I had it sent to Chris he opened it to check and found all the figs were just put in a box no protection but then again I paid very little but ended up with a pbp Dengar Smile. But all in all even when I go outside of the people I trust for a weapon set for example it is always what was shown with no surprizes
Back to top Go down

Did eBay sellers just completely give up? 7 (yes 7) issues in the last 30 days

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1