The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ?? Empty
PostSubject: UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??   UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 am

Hi guys
AFA seems to be a hot topic at the moment on here but I just wanted to ask any of the UK guys if they had experienced any problems from UK customs when goods come back into the UK from AFA because their statement on the website says the following:

Your submission will be sent back declared for only the value of the acrylic material used to case your items. Because all insurance provided is provided via a third party insurance company, we do not declare the insurance pertaining to your items in the shipping or customs documentation. Therefore, customs fees are usually minimal or non-existent. We will include documentation stating that your items were sent to the U.S. for grading and authentication purposes only and are being returned to you. It has been our experience that international customers rarely have a difficult time dealing with customs when this documentation is included. If you have further questions about any applicable duties in your country, please check with your local customs office for further information.

I know what Customs can be like so wonder if anyone has any experiences , tips etc ?
many thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??   UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

From a legal point of view it makes sense. Imagine you take a trip to the states and , when you return, you have to pay taxes on your clothes, camera and such. Doesnt make sense right? You already own them!

Same thing here. You're merely sending them on a trip to get cased. Can't see how anyone could argue that.

Did you run into an issue?

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??   UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ?? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi John and thanks for the reply.....of course it sounds perfectly sensible when you look at it but although I havent come across it personally I have heard from a couple of people that it didnt go smoothly when they were returned and it was a long drawn out process to get the monies back that Customs charged and I think that the delivery company also charged as what they call an admin fee !!
I thought I would ask as I am sure there are plenty of guys on here that have shipped out from the UK for AFA grading and to see if they had any bad experiences.
Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??   UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Customs .... Are there any issues when pieces come back from AFA ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1