The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AllachSS
New User
New User

Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 Empty
PostSubject: Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977   Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 pm

See photo. Plastic round end caps seem to hold 2 halves together. I removed all screws and still cant separate the 2 halves easily. I dont want to break it. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977   Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 5:52 am

The forum platform makes you wait a week to post pictures.  I don't have one- but I think I see the round caps you mean, end of scope & butt?

Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 Img_1615
Back to top Go down
AllachSS
New User
New User

PostSubject: yup   Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 am

ahh that's why it kep deleting my attachment when I tried posting.

yes you are correct, the 3 round caps, 2 on scope and one at end of muzzle hold the two pieces together. Sonic welded I believe. is there anyway to un sonic weld plastic, without ruining it. ?

thanks for adding a photo..
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977   Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 9:11 am

I don't have one either, but if it's anything like the vintage 12" Stormtroopers, they were not sonic welded.  After you remove the screws, the pieces are held together from the inside with a male peg & female posts in a few locations.  It just takes a little bit of wiggling and pressure to make them come apart.  I used the end of a flat head screwdriver to get things started.  "Just be firm but gentle".  I've pulled 4 stormies apart and they were all the same.  The caps on the barrels might be the same?

Hope this helps

Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 Img_3551
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977   Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help disassembling 3 position laser rifle 1977

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1