The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Position Of Display?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Position Of Display? Empty
PostSubject: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 am

I have just made my cabinet for my loose figures and have a slight problem. My wife wont let me put my cabinet on any wall except the wall above a radiator Rolling Eyes . My question is this:

If the cabinet is positioned about 1 meter above the radiator will the heat damage the figures over time?

My wife often puts wet clothes on the damn radiators as well which creates more problems. I think I could get her to stop putting clothes on that radiator but what do you think of this a a position?

Thanks
Andy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am

I shouldn't think the heat of the radiator will do much damage Andy, especially at that distance ( A whole meter above the radiator? That will be pretty high mate!)

I had my display cabinet in England about the same distance away but on the same level, it stood just next to the door and the rad was on the wall next to it, its true the radiator will probably emit more heat straight up than out but I can't see there being any problems really, make sure the wood is thick and I doubt it will affect the figures in any way.

The heat from a radiator would really not make that much of a difference, it probably depends on how much you keep your heating on as well but for the most part from what I remember about England - We had it on in winter and not many other times to be honest.

Not direct experience but an honest opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:34 am

As a test - why don't you hold a thermometer above the radiator about 1meter up and see how hot it is or how hot it gets over a few minutes ?

I bet AussieJames and Tank have hotter temperatures than that all year long Wink
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 am

I see what you mean Joe. I hope your right. The worst thing in the world would be to put my figures in one day and go to work. Then when I get home there is just a pool of plastic on the floor Laughing

The wood I used is 16mm thick Oak. I will have a think now and check the temp with my hand. I would appreciate aussiejames's or anyone from Australia or hot country's feedback on this as you said. Its much hotter there. I suppose when I put the front door on it will also help to keep the heat off.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 am

With the aircon on it's 25C. I used to think humidity was a factor but Josh's collection holds together just fine. If it's out of the sunlight be happy the Mrs allowed you one wall Razz
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:35 am

you should do like me and put your foot down about where you want to hang your loose collection

ask her what was here first my love for star wars or my love for you Position Of Display? Icon_biggrin Position Of Display? Icon_wink

....and then the fight started Position Of Display? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:31 pm

LMAO lol!

TBH. My wife faught to the end to not have the cabinet on the wall. But she gave in for the wall above the radiator Laughing
Its up now. Just need to make a door now. Polycarbonate 100% UV protection is about 50-60 pounds for a piece to fit the front and Im not sure about UV protected perspex. im waiting on a price back from UKG for some.
But I do intend to have some sort of door thats UV protected with a lock to stop my son getting them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm

locks and other "safety" measures are meant to be broken Wink

in my feeble experience, it's either reasoning with the kid, or setting him up with his own collection. (i did both just to be sure Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Position Of Display?   Position Of Display? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Position Of Display?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1