The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's gotten worse. Repro warning.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

It's gotten worse. Repro warning. Empty
PostSubject: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 9:45 am

This may not be news. I've been out of the vintage collecting loop for a few years. I was doing a search for a buddy of mine who just picked up a vintage AT-ST. It has droopy chin guns and I was looking for a fix for him. My search turned up a site called reproparts.net. They sell repros of vintage blasters, 12" accessories, ship and playset parts and even Indiana Jones parts Evil or Very Mad .

Like I said this may not be news to anyone here. But I wanted to give a heads up to what's out there for repro suppliers. I've only ever seen repro parts pop up on ebay. Never a whole site dedicated to selling them.

Maybe I'm waaaaay out of the loop. Do people who support repros outnumber us that don't like/want them??
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:41 am

We've known about this site for a few years now and have a few bits and pieces up on the Gunnery.
But when I first learned of this site my heart sank. I couldn't believe at the time there were so many repro parts for things relating to vehicles and play-sets.The person who runs it also has an eBay.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 7:42 pm

What's funny is the site looks like it's from the 90's. You forget they're in business. "Family owned" as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 12:13 am

I figured it was old news. I was always lucky when I was actively buying vintage stuff. I usually always bought from people I knew or friends of friends who were well known collectors. I didn't have to worry about repro crap so I never dug into it that much.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

I didn't know there was a site that sold only repo stuff this is new to me. As I only really have online to buy my stuff this is good to know and something to watch out for. We don't have many major collectors or stores here to buy Vintage Star Wars that is why once I find people I trust I will get what I need through them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's gotten worse. Repro warning.   It's gotten worse. Repro warning. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's gotten worse. Repro warning.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1