The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rebel2112
New User
New User

Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! Empty
PostSubject: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:59 pm

So as I was checking Goodwill's site this afternoon I came across 12 seperate auctions for the first 12 figs MOC from 1977. I was stunned they were given away and wanted to lose my lunch when I noticed Luke and Darth could both be Double telescoping figures. Ben's saber is not visible. Please look for yourself and tell me that I am crazy. I really hope I am. The figure is at $1000 right now with 48 hours left . (shopgoodwill.com/auctions/1977-Kenner-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Action-Figure-19780767.html?adcode=suggested)  If you have the cheddar and you see what I see I would grab it up. I cannot post links for 7 days so just add the www's and let me know what you think. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
rebel2112
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I am still studying the figures and am convinced they are legit. After all the years I have collected and searched...to think people just give them away!
Back to top Go down
rebel2112
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:26 pm

For all of the members outside the U.S Goodwill is an organization that helps the needy and less fortunate. All items are donated I am not trying to push any type of auction. I just need someone to let me know if that is in fact a DT Darth. It is driving me crazy trying to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
rebel2112
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 am

Ok I have answered my own question. The back of the card has the directions of how to use the lightsaber clearly making this a DT saber. I joined this site to hopefully get my answer. Do yourself a favor and look at this thing it is the real deal. I sadly do not have the funds to buy it but my God why would someone just give it away!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 am

Taking a look at the figure it does indeed appear to be legit. However, IMO, it does not look like a Double Telescoping saber. Normally when you see the DT sabers the thin "tip" of the saber appears much shorter than it does on this figure -- it should look rather like how it appears on the backer board. This looks like a nice, solid, Type "A" backer board carded figure. The instructions noting how to extend the saber are typical of this card whether it has a DT Saber or not.

Wish I had the fundage for something like this too!

Cheers, and welcome to the board!

Dave
Back to top Go down
rebel2112
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 am

Thanks so much for the reply Dave! I am in the process of trying to convince my wife to take a chance on one of these. The saber seems to have the clear distinction of the 2 seperate parts but I know it is easy to get confused. There is a Ben as well, his saber just tastefully out of sight enough to keep his price under $600! Just keep in mind where these are located is within commuting distance of the old Kenner in Cincinnati. These auctions may cost me my marriage haha.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Looking at the pics last night I am very certain it isn't. The saber tip would be pushed up further. This just looks like a regular Vader MOC. Granted it's an A back though, so that's good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi,

I would have to agree with the others here that they are just regular 12 backs, but nice ones. You would be a brave man to wager your marriage on them being DT saber versions Smile

Cheers, Jared
Back to top Go down
rebel2112
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. I am just sick thinking that people can just give 12 of these figs away but thankfully after your more expert eyes let me know it wasn't a DT saber maybe I will just grab up the Ben instead. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!   Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this a DT Darth Vader being sold on Goodwill's site MOC?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1