The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2015 State of the Repros ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ImperialDjo
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
ImperialDjo

2015 State of the Repros ? Empty
PostSubject: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello fans & collectors !

This is my first post here after doing a lot of reading and enjoying the incredible amount of information that has been assembled on the site and in those forums.

I'm a very new collector from France and I've been reading a lot about fakes lately. So I'd like to know the state of the repros for loose figurines :

- I understand repro weapons, capes & accessories is a huge issue.
- I also understand some highly sought (and thus pricey) figures are often targeted by repro makers (blue snaggletooth or Vinyl Jawa, for example)
- I have read about repro Stormtroopers bearing the original 1977 copyright date and COO, although they seem rather easy to ID.

But I'd like to know if *all* vintage figures are being copied at the moment, and thus I'd need to check the authenticity of every single figure I'll come across no matter what, or if as for today only the most sought after figures above are being reproed ? For example have you guys already seen repro Emperor's Royal Guard, or repros nien nunb ? Or others ?

Thanks for your help !

Also I've not found an introduction section in the forums, but if there's one I'll be happy to introduce myself, of course Smile

Cheers !

Last edited by ImperialDjo on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 pm

welcome to TIG. You can introduce yourself here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7181-who-s-who-don-t-be-shy-introduce-yourself-here

As you are aware, there is a huge amount of repro weapons & accessories out there, which we try to educate collectors about and prevent them from being scammed.

With regards to repro figures, rocket firing Fetts, Yak Face and Vlix are also documented. Fortunately all of the known repro figures are easy to spot, and we have information about them on this site.

The other characters are sufficiently common, and of low enough value (without accessories) to currently be of no interest for scammers to replicate . However, if you have any doubts about anything in your collection, let us know, and we'll do our best to help. Very Happy

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
ImperialDjo
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
ImperialDjo

PostSubject: Re: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Thank you ! So I'll mainly focus on the weapons then ! That'll help. I just bought a set on ebay that is supposed to come with original weapons, so it'll be my first real try at identification (thanks to the IG guides !).

I also have 4 other figurines from brianstoys, but I would expect them to have legit weapons.

And I go to that introduction thread now Smile
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the group as said weapons and accessories seem to be the vast issue of repos and even use seasoned collectors can get caught sometimes. The idea of drilling holes in repos is now the new norm here as a major precaution. I have bought a few things from brains toys and have never had an issue they seem to be on their game however some items are a bit on the pricy side with good reason they do have a store so mark up is expected so do keep that in mind. Also check the buy/sell area here as these guys have been selling/trading for years and all have good reps.

Just look around the site and have fun if in doubt just ask.

Larry
Back to top Go down
ImperialDjo
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
ImperialDjo

PostSubject: Re: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 am

arohk wrote:
I have bought a few things from brains toys and have never had an issue they seem to be on their game however some items are a bit on the pricy side with good reason
Yep, thanks for the tip. I ordered a set of 4 figurines from them. Haven't received them yet, but sot far their customer support have been quite helpful when I had to ask them some newbie questions.

arohk wrote:
Also check the buy/sell area here as these guys have been selling/trading for years and all have good reps.
Didn't know you guys had a WTS / WTB section ! Will certainly have a look too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 State of the Repros ?   2015 State of the Repros ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 State of the Repros ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1