The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hungarian Bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:55 am

Its taken me quite a few years to put all these together, the Fett and open hand Vader on the left are particularly hard to find in any condition, currently chewie is sharing the crossbow with fett as they both appeared with one and Vader is missing his red sabre which is the same as lukes but in red as it fits in his hand.

Hungarian Bootlegs Hungarian
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:44 am

Don't pull any punches on your first limelight eh Adam? LOL

I am not a bootleg guy but these are ace, the Hungarian figures are close enough to the originals to spark my interest and the cardbacks + weapons help!

Very nice and rare set of figures, congrats and thanks for the share!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:48 am

Nice Set Adam!

I've always liked the Fetts colors. Just a cool looking figure and he actually makes the bowcaster look good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:53 am

Very nice set Adam!

I absolutely LOVE the Wicket! The 3PO is pretty cool too.

Why the two different Vaders? I didn't know there were "variants" in the Hungarian line other than the cardbacks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 am

Awesome looking set Adam. Gotta love the pig nose Yoda. Things so ugly, you gotta love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Damn he has the vader open hand AND the Boba......Im missing both and would be happy to own ONE of them!!

Congrats....AWESOME set!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Excellent collection Adam,congrats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm

RebelChris wrote:
Very nice set Adam!

I absolutely LOVE the Wicket! The 3PO is pretty cool too.

Why the two different Vaders? I didn't know there were "variants" in the Hungarian line other than the cardbacks. Smile

There is the Csillagok Haboruja line of figures which hosts 10 of the main characters with weapons, the Vader figure from this line has an open hand which can hold a red lightsabre which is supplied in the bubble. The Vader is one of the rarer Habourja figures and i've seen it on Red/Yellow and even Blue cardbacks.

Hungarian Bootlegs DSCF2840r

Then there is the Pig nosed carded figures named so as the Yoda really does have a piggy nose, they are on black and white cardbacks. These figures are also extremely hard to find carded, I think there are only 2 known Yodas and the Vader in the picture below is the only one surviving that is known of.

Hungarian Bootlegs DSCF2841r

The figures are completely different, the haboruja figure has more of a brittle plastic used and has the open hand and textured cape, it also has white paint on the chestplate. The pig-nosed version is more hard/solid plastic and can be found with two different types of cape, a thick cape and a thinner cape.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Wow!

Nice limelight!

I noticed Luke (Original) has a luke Jedi Green Sabre!... Is this close to the original? That's the first example I seen of a pre 90s Repro Bootleg Sabre. Any chance of some close ups mate?

Craigy

Whoops - where's my manners? Welcom to TIG Adam and nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:05 pm

There is kind of a sabre bootleg in the Polish first gen weaponry as well, a small microphone looking object, that has also been cast from a vintage lightsabre but from a SW one. This is clearly a Luke Jedi sabre, and as you can see its pretty rough round the edges and very flexible. Nice that is still has the 3 buttons on it though!

Hungarian Bootlegs DSC00678
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Very cool Adam! I'm also lovin' that Yoda!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Geat collection shot Adam, very nice mate.

Not sure if everyone is aware but the Hungarian bootlegs are made from a plastic mould so the figures are hollow.

This makes them very light.

That's the great thing with bootlegs, you have the heave Trems, the rubber like Polish, plastic Mexicans and the hollow Hungarians. A real mixture of materials and designs.
`
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:31 pm

awsome , set , the yoda looks great , love the color

got a carded biker scout myself , but come to think of it , nah thought i got from you , but i think it was spidey seth that sold me it

think i bought some polish bikerscouts from you , that's it , thanks again , and again congrates with the set
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 pm

WOW what an awesome limelight Adam bar Uzay Hungarian Bootlegs are probably my favorite for similar reasons that Joe said.

Its great to see all those figures with the weapons as well!

The vader has to be my favorite what type of price would a loose one go for?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:11 am

Awesome limelight! I've been waiting to see your set. Thanks for sharing dude!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Wow again, love your bootleg collections, the vader mocs are to drewl over jawdrop
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:53 pm

yo adam great stuff,my fav is the pig nose yoda.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hungarian Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungarian Bootlegs   Hungarian Bootlegs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hungarian Bootlegs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1