The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with that one Alex, it's got an interesting texture. thinking
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Well, I screwed this one up a bit (mostly in the timing of pics).  No

It came out OK day one. I then tried to remove some flesh for extra lighting using a dremel which actually came out OK, but not deep enough. It added to the look in the daylight nicely.
Problem... I didn't take shots of it in its prime and while it was complete. Flash forward to day 4 and its dying fast.
I half-assed added the TIG to it just to get a shot in. Embarassed

My only real shining light is the stencil is 100% me. (thanks James for the tips and advice on the outline!!!)

So here is my Jack-o-Fett...

Before dremel.....
The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 15587669795_356ee2487e_b

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 15585012051_087fc377f9_b

After dremel and after mother nature (and her army ants!) started having her way with him.... Sad
The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 15585012291_f64c70d40e_b

Sad - carp!
The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 15588567862_141bbd9246_b

Well, there you have it...

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Great to see some entries coming in cheers

Awesome Chewy Steve and a great Fett Jay :clap:

I am looking forward to seeing what your going to do with that bumpy pumpkin Alex What a Face

Greedo ? Jabba ? Rancor Monster maybe thinking

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Cena_z10
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:28 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
...I am looking forward to seeing what your going to do with that bumpy pumpkin Alex What a Face

The General's Arse? :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 pm

I find that offensive!!!!! Razz

My arse is soft & smooth, like a cuddly toy.

This is the honest truth, I work with a lesbian, and even she says I have a nice arse.... and she hates men!

That's gotta count for something right?????

James, help me out here man :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Nnnnnooooooooo. doh
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm

General Kahn wrote:
I find that offensive!!!!! Razz

My arse is soft & smooth, like a cuddly toy.

This is the honest truth, I work with a lesbian, and even she says I have a nice arse.... and she hates men!

That's gotta count for something right?????

James, help me out here man :cool laugh:

lol!

you have a very lovely ass Alex What a Face

Next to your beard it is your finest quality ...

Now ... if you could only find a way to transplant your beard to you ass thinking

That would be a face every mother would love :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm

It looks like Pruneface (not the General's arse, I mean his pumpkin) Razz  I'm sure Alex has at least one eye patch about the house too.

Jay - Nice Fett-O-lantern!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 3:34 pm

ourchickensahck wrote:
Now ... if you could only find a way to transplant your beard to you ass

Sounds like a challenge :cool laugh:

Artoo_Detour wrote:
I'm sure Alex has at least one eye patch about the house too.

Obviously! A drunk needs the ability to see straight Razz

@ Jay - Nice Fett man :clap:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 am

Walkie's Pumpkin Entry 2014

So for this years creation I required two pumpkins, a reference photo and a small arsenal of weaponry including....
2 Spoons (big and small), 1 Stanley knife, 1 Scalpel, 1 Bread knife, 1 Small kitchen knife, 2 Screwdrivers (big and small) and 3 bloody hours!!!

Photos of the finished pumpkin are in the post below, I hope you like it?

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Hy5jDD9

Scroll down.....

Keep going......

Nearly there.....

Just a few more.....

Last edited by walkie on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 am

Ladies & Gentlemen Walkie Productions is proud to bring you....

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 MCBrD9m
The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Tumblr_lkt830VBWs1qzt4vjo1_500

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 IOntZyW

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Tumblr_lkt830VBWs1qzt4vjo1_500

Last edited by walkie on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:00 am

Awesome cheers Max Rebo is really cool!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Stef, that is some quality work mate :clap:bow

Steve/Jay the Chewie and Boba were really great as well guys  cheers cheers cheers 

The bar is set high  cheers
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:19 pm

lol! that Max Rebo pumpkin is brilliant Stef cheers
it made my laugh out loud when I scrolled down for the big reveal Very Happy is it a lantern too?

Some really great entries this year, loved the Fett
and Chewie lanterns too Jay and Steve :clap: :clap:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alex is gonna come up with :-)
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I gotta say that Rebo is great! Simple in some respects, but very complex in the thought! Two pumpkins?!?! WHAT??? WOW! Nicely done!  cheers
Take it even one more level, Stef, and paint him blue!  lol!
I do hope yours lives longer than mine and makes it to halloween night! I wonder if any kids would recognize him? unsure

Nicely done!
OK.. I have an idea for next year.................. tongue

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:49 pm

psybertech wrote:
I gotta say that Rebo is great! Simple in some respects, but very complex in the thought! Two pumpkins?!?! WHAT??? WOW! Nicely done!  cheers
Take it even one more level, Stef, and paint him blue!  lol!
I do hope yours lives longer than mine and makes it to halloween night! I wonder if any kids would recognize him?  unsure

Nicely done!
OK.. I have an idea for next year..................   tongue

cheers!
Very Happy

J, I came up with the concept last year after seeing Paul's Ewok. As for next year I already have another idea, It's surprising what you think about during 3 hrs of playing with pumpkins LOL!!!

My creation has been soaking in a bucket of watered down bleach, I find this kills off a lot of the bacteria on the pumpkin flesh and prolongs the life to 7-10 days Wink

As for the blue paint, I like it !!
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Out of all the competitions in the world to enter I'd have thought me entering this as unlikely as a corn on the cob eating contest. On the other hand I could not resist picking up a pumpkin on my way around Aldi to give it a go.

Me and my daughter set to work emptying the gizzards out. I told her to choose who we should carve into it. She yelled "Lets do Yoda". I said "But he's got big ears sticking out, and would take Da Vinci to carve it". Then she yelled "R2D2". I quickly ignored her and carved out the mouth of my favourite erm...fig...character....well him out of Empire.

Well at the end she was deeeelighted as you can see.

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 P1010319_zpsfba56dda

Here it is.

Further down.

Not yet.

Chew on this walkie with your fancy double pumpkin piano playing blob.

The one and only LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBOOOOOTTT!!!!

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 P1010008_zps94d91768

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 P1010010_zps34ad8c1b

A masterpeice if i may say so myself. Just gimme the title now and be done with it.  Very Happy

PS: She came round once the lights were out and candle was lit.  cheers

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 P1010321_zpsc8ccd75b

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! AND HAVE A HAPPY BONFIRE NIGHT!!  Very Happy

PSPS: There is a TIG if your observant enough. Wink

Last edited by Section 8 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Nice Lobot! lol!

I think the nose might have been part of her reversal! tongue

Too funny man and awesome!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Great work going on here guys!  So much fun being had here.

I don't seem to have my pumpkin yet, however I am acquiring the tools I need.

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 Img_2410
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Andy, I love it!! You even got lobot facial expression down to a tee

Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:15 am

That's a Classic Andrew lol!  great work mate cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:57 am

Excellent entries everyone. It's great to see them coming in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:06 pm

lol! Love the Lobot-O-Lantern!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:06 pm

lol! that Lobot-o-Lantern is fantastic, thanks for making me chuckle, when I scrolled down the page :cool laugh:
Great job Andrew cheers
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 6:59 am

Thanks for the kind words. 1st time I've ever carved one as we usually celebrate bonfire night instead of halloween in my family.

Will defo enter again next year. Me and Matilda had a ball doing it. Very Happy

Will get more than one next year so I can have a bit of a practice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...   The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Annual " TIG STAR WARS PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST " begins ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next