The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! Empty
PostSubject: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm

heres a couple quick pics of my collection. I know the quality isn't great but hopefully will give rough look at my"vintage wall"

Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! 08310
Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! 08210

BTW I know the stormies not movie accurate but I had to do it on a budget because my family likes to eat!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Nice mate, like your Ewoks?
The stormie does look good, i'd like to know how you made it.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Nice setup! Love the Stormtrooper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Great start!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Looking great!! Even some POTF figures.. nice Smile

It is a lot of fun collection the loose set.. almost tempted to start another set just for the fun of getting each figure again.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
domr2
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
domr2

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

nice stormie bud!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I was a little nervous about posting my collection after seeing everyone elses impressive displays.
As for the stormie I started out with a halloween costume mounted to a "skeleton" of pvc pipe wrapped in quilt batting. The armor was made out of foam so I spray painted it with a latex paint to make it a little more shiney. I'm glad you guys like it cuz it took quite a few weekends to put together.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Brad

There is no reason to be nervous at all! Got some nice stuff there dude!

More importantly , even if someone's collection is a single loose weaponless C-4 Klaatu (with no skirt) NOBODY is going to judge here anyway. Everyone's got different stuff and that's what makes these limelights so great. If they all looked the same it wouldnt be interesting.

If this is the beginning of your collecting, you're off to a great start. If you're done collecting, you put together a great set. If you're in the middle like all of us then enjoy the hunt!!!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Brad

More importantly , even if someone's collection is a single loose weaponless C-4 Klaatu (with no skirt) NOBODY is going to judge here anyway. Everyone's got different stuff and that's what makes these limelights so great. If they all looked the same it wouldnt be interesting.

If this is the beginning of your collecting, you're off to a great start. If you're done collecting, you put together a great set. If you're in the middle like all of us then enjoy the hunt!!!
Thanks! This is exactly why I decided to join up with you guys here at TIG. I never felt comfortable enough at rs to post let alone put up pictures! After lurking around here for awhile though you guys all seemed more laid back so I finally felt relaxed enough to start contributing instead of just lurking!
Thanks again!
Brad
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Brad

Why you poking fun of my collection man?!?!?!?!?

Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang Crying or Very sad head bang

All joking aside... this has been a great site/forum!!! I'm glad I decided to stick around!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:59 am

Ahar!!! does look nice Brad, hey at least yours is on display m8 lol mines in bags/boxes/cupboards/drawers and even on my desk, no room for a display really Sad

You have lots of room there so i guess youll be hitting the shopping channel like us lol

And yah i like that Stormy too, nice job - do you have a photographic build of it? i would love to get that onto a vid for you and host it on our Youtube channel.

"a single loose weaponless C-4 Klaatu (with no skirt)"

John dude lol your lucky i dont paste that in the dodgy chat thread, reads like some cheap hussy female Klaatu thats naked in some dating mag addy
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:32 am

Really Nice Display Brad!

The nice blue background reminds me of the ESB cardback displays! And the Stormie is Awsome mate!

I'm same as Rob... wish I had all mine on display... Sad
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 am

I've never worked out why there isn't much love for the Ewoks but I'm glad to see you have them front and center Smile And you have far more patience than me to build the Stormie.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 am

aussiejames wrote:
I've never worked out why there isn't much love for the Ewoks

Really? Teddy Bears in a sci fi flick aimed at boys and men? Really? Can see the conncection? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:26 am

I don't mind the Ewoks!!!!

I grew up on Battle for Endor and Caravan of Courage!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll take the Ewoks over Gungans any day!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:32 am

coachk28 wrote:

Excellent point mate!.... Perhaps I they weren't that bad after all!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am

There we go picking on the ewoks again. Next thing you know it'll be on to Jar Jar. lol!

Very nice collection you've got going there Brad! I love the figures lined up on the shelves like that! And the blue walls are a nice touch. Reminds me of some ESB cardbacks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:37 am

RebelChris wrote:
There we go picking on the ewoks again. Next thing you know it'll be on to Jar Jar. lol!

Very nice collection you've got going there Brad! I love the figures lined up on the shelves like that! And the blue walls are a nice touch. Reminds me of some ESB cardbacks! Smile

I was thinking that Chris about the blue it works well!

Great start Brad you got a great mix of figures there including last 17! and from what i can see they are complete as well which is always a good move!

Are you looking for any particular figures at the moment buddy?

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 am

Excellent collection Brad! I like the Ewok theme you have going there and for some reason they never bothered me like most. I think it is because I was the right age to like them and the Ewoks movies. (Let the hating begin. lol)

I'm glad you shared your collection and feel bad that you were nervous about it. We all start somewhere and it takes time to build up a display. What matters is that it is your collection and you have it displayed how you want it. I was just remembered yesterday about my old display. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Great collection Brad, love the Ewok village and as the lads have said the Stormie looks awesome. Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm

WOW!! Thanks for all the great compliments guys. It means a lot coming from all the experts. I wish I would have taken pics during the building of the stormtrooper but at the time I didn't think anyone would be interested in seeing it being built. I wish I would've found TIG sooner while I was building it because my wife and daughter just thought I was nuts!
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm

RebelChris wrote:

HaHa!! This has been a pretty full day-lots of compliments and resparked the old "Ewok Debate". It's funny that the Ewoks were never my favorite character in the movies-even though I don't hate them either-but so far they've been some of the funnest time I've had collecting so far.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Very nice Brad, there is no such thing as a humble collection and yours is no exception to that rule Smile

I like the custom Stormie, that thing is cool, its going to be interesting to see how your collection grows now you are part of the
community! I hope we see some updates as time goes on!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 pm

coachk28 wrote:

lol that's the smartest thing i ever hear you say, Laughing

btw nice collection, no need to feel nervuos , matter of fact i dont even have an r2 pop up saber
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Great start to your collection Brad,before you know it you will have a room full of it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!   Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brad's(ctscanman68)humble beginnings!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next