The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Beginnings of my main display area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

New Beginnings of my main display area Empty
PostSubject: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:26 pm

So I finally got around to setting up this inexpensive Bush bookcase. Looks pretty good and mostly matches the other "wood' piece in the room. It is a bit cramped but still works. I'm undecided about adding LED lighting like I have on my other displays. thinking 

The Leia B bits are mostly squared away now.

I think I may be ok, but tight, to squeeze in the loose Kenner run on the bottom shelf.
That just leaves one shelf above that for a new concept/run I am working on which I am extremely excited to have started..... more on that to come later Wink

Anyway.... yes, I know the Luke Bespin proof is out of place a bit on the three main shelves, but for now it works. Smile

It is very simple but much better than my crappy 3" shelves I had before.  What a Face 

New Beginnings of my main display area 14499970235_a7602deb8c_b

New Beginnings of my main display area 14498660614_214c3b02df_c

So hard to balance it out and distribute the pieces. I am sure I'll re-work it a few dozen times. Razz
But it fits so far with my "must display my collection" or don't collect it mentality.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Very nice display Jay, the book case works well. I like your "must display my collection or don't collect it" mentality. If only I could be so disciplined.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Very nice display Jay, the book case works well. I like your "must display my collection or don't collect it" mentality. If only I could be so disciplined.
Thanks!!!!

and haha... I just hate thinking I have stuff in boxes in a closet or attic.  BUT.... If I can squeeze more room out of my place, the more I can collect! tongue  Already managed to squeeze that bookcase in and that is a huge step forward!  I can't wait to break out my loose run and start displaying my figures!  Angry SW 

Thanks man!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 4:53 am

Nice and clean display, Jay!

LIKE!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:56 am

Looks great Jay, nice display.
Some 4 tier acrylic risers on the bottom shelf
would allow for a good amount of space for your loose 92.
I look forward to the concept pieces.
 :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am

Looks like a great start to displaying your collection. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Brian1976
New User
New User
Brian1976

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 am

Your display really looks great! Looking forward to seeing updates.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Looking really awesome Jay  cheers 

Can't wait to see more as it progresses  popcorn 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Great looking bookcase and display you've got there Jay  cheers 

those Leia MOCs look awesome all lined up like that, as well as the proofs on the top shelf

looking forward to seeing your loose 92 run on display too  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks everyone!!

I have shown how I display my other stuff a few times (my custom built first 21+ case, my modest loose Luke FB run and my sea of Leias) so I like taking the time to set things up so they are not only functional, but good looking and as much as a conversation piece as they can be.

This one is the one I have been debating for a long time. Previously my Leia MOC run just sat on two  2" x 48" shelves. They worked but looked like crap.
So the bookshelf idea is one I have seen tons of folks use and it made sense and just barely fits in the space I have. It works.

I just need to keep it limited so it doesn't become too cluttered... yeah, I know that is going to be very hard!

But already I was able to take out of hiding a few pieces that were previously tucked away which to me is just awesome!!!!

I have a few risers that I hope will stretch the lower shelf out to hold the Kenner run. Based on my sea of Leias, it should just work, so I am happy! cheers
Next I'll need to figure out how to protect them best from dust!  study 

The fourth shelf is what I am excited about most only because it is uncharted territory for me and a new run concept.  Cool 

Overall, I like it. Simple and cheap. Bright and spacious. Razz

Thanks again guys. Nothing fancy but it working so much better that I had and better than I hoped.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Very cool collection bud I like your motto as well about collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 7:46 pm

cheers 
LOVE it buddy : )
Back to top Go down
Grant
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 am

Awesome collection and display man. Love the Proof material the most. alien 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Getting better!
New Beginnings of my main display area 14394069438_64d50d87c8_h

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 3:01 pm

ahar...some loose-love incoming!!! Cannot wait for the loose setup there!!!  cheers 

Great Leia run my friend!!  Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Looking good chief!

Looks like you could do with... I don't know? a hundred or so clear plastic stands?  :cool laugh: 

They're on there way chief, just hold out a little longer!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

lol!  Alex
And for some very strange reason my package from you went to Los Angeles, not NY like every single package I ever got from the UK! Weird! I'm sure its fine, but it will take a a few extra days. Sad

Anyway.... I just put up what I could, down to the last stand I had.
Not a bad place to run out though; the last 17 minus EV9D9 and the Endor crew. Smile

That shelf (12"x36") with those risers will hold the full set! cheers

New Beginnings of my main display area 14580766612_ef5ba1eb5b_h

cheers!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:29 pm

LA??? The bitch at the post office gave me two option on postage, both the same price, I opted for the one she said would be the quickest!  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
greedodidntshoot
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
greedodidntshoot

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:25 am

Great run, looks awesome! Very nice proof cards bud...!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings of my main display area   New Beginnings of my main display area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Beginnings of my main display area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1