The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The cabinet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

The cabinet.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:48 am

So you do pair all the sabers up with the correct coo family then, rather than any old spare Vader that you have to hand. A stickler for accuracy, I'd do the same, if I had that many lettered sabers Very Happy 

At some point it would be cool, if you could spare the time, to go through your Vaders that came off damaged cards, and compare cape variants. That way I can match mine up with the correct capes also  Cool
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:11 am

chris.75 wrote:
At some point it would be cool, if you could spare the time, to go through your Vaders that came off damaged cards, and compare cape variants. That way I can match mine up with the correct capes also  Cool

Shocked

I can only begin to imagine the time that would take!!!
For Leia bespin and her 3 COO families, it took a long time to really confirm what came with what and then there are always things you cant explain. My LB research took over 6 months to really get a handle on and it is still ongoing as I confirm or contradict my findings every day. Now year in and it is still ongoing for 3 capes and the 3 families!!!! OH and Leia's capes are somewhat easier to identify due to the patterns. Man, black on black on black has got to be hard to confirm on MOCs or baggies!!!!

Anyway... it would be cool to know of course! Smile
I am becoming a stickler for these small details on my loose figures. Razz

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:36 am

He he, yeah Jay I agree, its definately a tricky one to confirm. And incredibly difficult to confirm from mocs and baggies, with a few obvious exceptions.  So an almost overwhelming task, considering how many coo families there are for Vader. So I was mainly refering to Oscars early produced, loose figures, with lettered sabers. These came directly from damaged cards/bubbles. So a bit easier to confirm the cape variation. As there are only three coo families that came with lettered sabers, with only two coos per family. I would assume (perhaps mistakingly) that both pairs of coo, per family, would have come with the same cape variant. So its probably the easiest place to start  Smile
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Shocked Shocked 
But you ask the impossible.. Laughing  lol! 
That would be a mission to do a write up on Vader capes.
30+ CoO, and possibly that many cape variants also. Neutral 
The 3 families I listed above, make up 90% of the figures I have with my lettered sabers.
I would be 90% sure (and this is my opinion) those 3 families are correct for the lettered sabers.
There are a couple of other coo amongst them, but only is numbers of 1 and 2 for those coo,
which makes me think they could have been swapped at some time.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:42 am

lol! Oh well, it was just a thought really  Smile 
i know it would be nigh on impossible to pair up all 30 coos with the correct cape variant. But I thought perhaps just the six-8 figures that you have, that came straight off the card, would be a nice little group  Very Happy 
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Sometimes you click in a tempting post because of the curious title... and more often than not when you click on it the post it turn out to be not much...

Not here I was totally blown away Shocked

I can appreciate the effort and patience it must have took you to create that ensemble... great stuff

How far are you now do you have all the darth varients. I been collecting Luke Jedis for over 4 years and I still have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Thank you Craig,
your collection is an inspiration, and a great resource to all.
Patience is definatelly the key,
for me it is finding an item I would like to have, in the condition I would like to have it in.
Im still looking for a couple of loose coo varients, and a ton of MOC.
If you havnt seen these 2 collections yet, it will give you an idea of what is available for Vader MOC.
I keep going back to see them over and over again.
Mexican toys, Luis.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015839/
Darth Daddius, Pat.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Cool  Cool  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Roddy_Laufeyson
New User
New User
Roddy_Laufeyson

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:39 am

Oh...

My...

GOD.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
johnnystarwars
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
johnnystarwars

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Impressive, most impressive!
Back to top Go down
normantveit
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Very impressive, Oscar. I have a question about Vader. I have a Vader that had a double-telescoping saber, but it fell out somehow in my boxes of crap and I can't find it...believe me, I've looked. I would have taken better care of it but knew nothing about the values of star wars figures at the time. Anyway, it looks to me like the double-telescoping saber Vader had a larger gap in it's arm for this double saber. The later, single telescoping sabers had narrower gaps in the arm for the single saber. There were just a few Vaders made for the double-telescoping saber. Am i right? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
normantveit
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi and G'day:

In response to your question regarding pics of the possible Luke 1977 variant with the orange lightsaber and two- toned tunic, I have posted them in normantveit's personal album in the gallery section. I also have a curious two-toned Leia and a two-toned Imperial Stormtrooper. Those pics are posted in my album, too.
Cheers,
Norman
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Awesome focus!

The troop building is real.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cabinet.    The cabinet.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The cabinet.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2