The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mego thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 pm

I figured I'd start a thread for my newest collecting bug. The wonderful toys of Mego!!!!  cheers  Some of my fondest childhood memories are tied to toys from Mego. I had several of the 8" World's Greatest Superheroes line as well as a 12" Superman and other toys from Mego. My only Mego that I still have from childhood is my 12" Hulk figure. Which is my favorite toy of all time.

So this thread is for anyone who wants to share their Mego toys and memories. I'll start.

Here is most of my small Mego collection. All Hulk you'll notice. The loose 12" Hulk is the above mentioned childhood one. Love that green guy. The others were bought over the years for my Hulk collection and not specifically for a Mego focus. The MOC 8" Hulk and the two boxed ones came in a smoking deal a couple of years ago. The Pocket Heroes Hulk was bought two years ago or so.
The Mego thread. 0015_zpse0eef728

This Pocket Superheroes Spider-Man came in the mail today. I had one when I was a kid that I loved and played with a lot. He was one of those toys that disappeared over the years and I always missed him. So I'm stoked to have him again. This figure also is awesome because it marks me being back into collecting again after a dry winter collecting wise. This long cold winter had things kind of lean around my house. Spidey was a good way to celebrate being back.
The Mego thread. 005_zps57f057de

So if anyone out there has Megos to share or Mego stories share away.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I like the 12" Hulk Paul. I had a 12" Batman with magnetic hands and feet (great for climbing the fridge) which gave me a lot of pleasure. I also had a ~6" Fonz (with articulated thumbs) and his motorbike. Some time ago I had a hunt for them in my parents attic, but sadly they could not be found.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Well... after watching some classic Buck Rogers after a subliminal cue from James, I decided to pick up a bit....

The Mego thread. 12843170955_35ae9a6cdf_z

Some of the bubbles are lifted and a few figures can escape, but overall I like them. Smile

Biddy Biddy Biddy
tongue
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Great Hulk figures there Paul, really cool  mate cheers 

Jay, nice haul on the Buck Rodgers mate  cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Love the Buck Rogers MOCs Jay. Somewhere down the line I'll be looking for these loose. AND maybe MOC. And I don't collect MOC. Damn Megos have screwed up my whole collecting routine of only loose toys.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 pm

I love Mego's too  cheers 

Great Buck figures Jay - sorry I put that bug in your brain lol! 

Love your Hulk's too Paul cheers 

you may have another addition to that collection coming soon What a Face 

here's a few of my collections :

Mego Planet of The Apes
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5404-does-anyone-else-collect-mego-planet-of-the-apes

Mego Eagle Force
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5401-does-anyone-else-collect-eagle-force-figures

Buck Rogers

The Mego thread. Dsc05214
The Mego thread. Dsc05215
The Mego thread. Dsc05216
The Mego thread. Dsc05217

I have a Draconian Marauder ship from the Buck Rogers line too that I will take some pics of to post  What a Face 

The only other Mego I have is a Wolfman that I need to take pics of too ...

I would collect every Mego line if I had the room and could afford them  Cool
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 pm

The mailman brought more Mego goodies today  cheers 

Here we have Superman and Batman from Megos Comic Action Heroes line. The biggest difference between the Comic Action Heroes line and the Spider-Man above from the Pocket Heroes line is the legs are bent on the CAH figures. Superman is even nicer than the pics on Ebay showed. The paint on his "S" logo is almost flawless and his colors are much brighter than my crappy pic shows. The Batman figure has a few chew marks on his head and I think the paint on his face was touched up sometime over the years. But that's fine it gives him some character and history.

A neat thing about these figures is the small number of paint apps. On Superman only the hair and "S" logo are painted. Every other part is a different cast part. Hands, boots, cape, belt etc etc are all separate parts. On Batman the head and cape are a single unit and it's made of rubber which is kinda neat on a 3 3/4" figure because as we all know on that size figure the head is always hard plastic. Neat.

These figures are also known for their "taking a crap" pose. And also for the position of the right hand  Suspect 

I'm having so much fun with this line and Mego in general. Collecting is fun again.

The Mego thread. P7188295_zps54d00274
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:18 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
These figures are also known for their "taking a crap" pose. And also for the position of the right hand  Suspect 
The Mego thread. P7188295_zps54d00274[/url]

haha... I really don't want to get into any other lines outside SW (although I aready dipped my toes into GI Joe, MASK and Megos' Buck Rogers) but seeing the wanking Batman makes me want him! Too funny! WAAAAY toooo funny!
lol!

OK... I DO want that specific Batman!

WOW... and then there is this.........

The Mego thread. $_57

All they need is a toilet and a Playboy!  affraid  No 

cheers!
Very Happy

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found the Mego line! :) thanks!)
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 am

I really like the Pocket Heroes / Comic Action figure line too  Very Happy 

I have yet to start "officially" collect them but I have had  most of them pass through my hands at one time or another .

I do have these 2 ...

The Mego thread. Dsc01213

The Robin is unaltered and original but I customized Batman   Very Happy 

I had 2 Batman figures that were in bad condition . 1 had a nice head but the cape had been torn off , the other figure had a decent cape but the head had been chewed up . So I cut the cape off the chewed up head figure and combined it with the good head from the other , gave him a Dark Knight paint style and ta da  What a Face  .

The Mego thread. Dsc01214
The Mego thread. Dsc01215

of course the cape and head are 2 separate pieces now instead of 1 solid part like it originally was but it still looks okay ...

The Mego thread. Dsc01216
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Nice custom paint on Batman. Megos and customs go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Not a "real" Mego figure but what is referred to as a ReMego or Megolike figure. From Distinctive Dummies comes this figure of the alien from "The Thing From Another World". I'm super pumped about this one because The Thing is my favorite movie and because there's been very few collectables released over the years based on this character. My friend Martin Cage runs Distinctive Dummies and knocked this one out of the park. I can't wait for the others in this line. There are figures planned for "The Alligator People", "Invaders From Mars" and "Killers From Space". I want them all!!!!

If you want to check out other figures Martin has done here's the link to Distinctive Dummies: http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

The Mego thread. 0013_zps8e5b5e83

The Mego thread. 0023_zpsac4acf79
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 am

I don't have many Mego's:

The Mego thread. 8476279755_070331be86_c

The Mego thread. 12857393335_c4cd6b3065_c

The Mego thread. 8477365440_cc1897e977_c
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 am

I want VINCENT and Maximillion badly. They're on the top of my list or harder figures to get.

And I see Cooter prefers blondes.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
I want VINCENT and Maximillion badly. They're on the top of my list or harder figures to get.

And I see Cooter prefers blondes.

I prefer blonde cooters myself ... but I digress  :Drool: 
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 pm

It's been a while since I posted here. It was a slow year toy wise for me in 2014. But I have some stuff to post now.

Picked up this Superman sometime in the summer. He was for sale on a Facebook group for 7 bucks. He was naked but he was 7 bucks so had to buy him. He sat around my toy room for a few months and I finally got tired of trying to find a nice retro outfit. So I ordered repro suit, boots and cape for him from Figures Toy Company. I made the belt and am working on getting a nice repro logo made for him. Just need to touch up his hair and we're golden.
The Mego thread. Supermancustom2_zps976bceda

Next up was a Pocket Heroes Hulk. This is the bent knee version. and of course Iron Man. IM was a sweet deal on Ebay. Nice clean suit and great paint. Boots and gloves were repros bought from Figures Toy Company. Just need to get a belt and chest thingie for him. If I can't find decently priced originals I'll get some repros from Doc Mego or make my own.
The Mego thread. IronManHulk_zps9f865529

I have a Human Torch in the mail. I'll post pics when he arrives.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Picked up this nice clean Human Torch this week. I'm pumped to cross this one off my list so early in the year. My next goal is The Thing. a tough figure to pick up loose without any costume or joint issues. I'd like to have the Fantastic Four complete by years end. We'll see.

The Mego thread. Human%20Torch%20Jan.%2022%202015_zpsbao5lkwa
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Beautiful Torch figure Paul cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Paul, those are some great additions lately. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Mego thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mego thread.   The Mego thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mego thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1