The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clear action figure display stands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

Clear action figure display stands Empty
PostSubject: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Guys,
I have 8 original clear plastic display stands which are exactly the same size as the orange Palitoy display stands.

Are they from the Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset or Palitoy Death Star Playset?

They are definitely old, not new stands.

Rare that I get stumped with Vintage Star Wars toys but there's a first time for everything!

Cheers,
Rich
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Clear action figure display stands Vintage%20vs%20repro%20stands
Death Star
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 pm

They came with the Palitoy DV Star Destroyer playset as well. A few years ago I had a boxed one & the stands were still taped to the inner packaging.
Back to top Go down
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Yep, they are definitely original. Cheers guys for your help.

So, they just came with the Darth Vader Star Destroyer Playset correct? This is what I thought but couldn't find any info.

How many came with the set?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:04 pm

From memory, the Star Destroyer had two figure stands. I don't know how many came with the Death Star.
Back to top Go down
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Ok, cheers.

I think the display stands only came with the DV playset and not death star playset.

I guess they are actually very hard to find loose.

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm not sure if people realise but palitoy also bundled these into various action force accessory packs, example below....

Clear action figure display stands Spaceforce
Back to top Go down
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jesus, you learn something new everyday! That explains why I have so many as I bought a load of Action Force/Gi Joe figures a while back.

The stands seem to sell for very good money on ebay if they are sold as star wars action figure stands. They are exactly the same as from the Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

A set sold on RS a few months back, listed at deathstar stands, the asking price for the set (6 I think?) was £60!!...they sold.

How you can prove they are action force or star wars beats me, both made by/for palitoy!
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 am

Hi, the Action Force H.Q. also came with these stands.

£60 for 6 stands? Shocked 
You could buy around 4 of the enemy accessory packs for not much more than that.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 am

AJ is also correct. My Palitoy death star playset also came with six, figure display stands.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 am

I didn't know about the Star Destroyer, or the Action Force additions. Good info everyone, we can add that to the next round of imperialgunnery.com updates  Cool
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 am

Thundershot wrote:
Hi, the Action Force H.Q. also came with these stands.

£60 for 6 stands? Shocked 
You could buy around 4 of the enemy accessory packs for not much more than that.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102813/

Shocked 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:21 am

Wow for that price, I thought they would at least still be in their original sealed baggie!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

I won an action force pack on Monday(13 euro delivered from Spain)It contains one stand  Very Happy 
Clear action figure display stands Actionforceyps_zpsbfe3db96
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:37 am

someone after a YPS gun  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:46 am

he he, are you going to open it Andy?
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 pm

walkie wrote:
someone after a YPS gun  Laughing 

That was the plan Stef  cheers

chris.75 wrote:
he he, are you going to open it Andy?

Be very tempting Chris, i'm on the look out for a loose one for now mate  Very Happy 

Thankyou to Thundershot for pointing me in the right direction, I was not aware the accessory packs existed  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 pm

There was an auction ended recently, 8 action force figs pile of accessories including black,silver and blue rifles I think less then a tenner!!!!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

yeah I was watching that for the same reason, forgot to bloody bid though, because I just changed over from Lovefilm to netflix and got distracted  No Yeah it went for £8.29 + £4.80 shipping. have to keep looking  Smile
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 pm

:scratch: Thing is... the stands are near useless for Action Force figures.

A.F. featured smaller sized holes (the same size as modern Star Wars figures, in fact) in their feet & the pegs of these stands are just too big stretching & splitting the heels.

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Andy, if you open it can you post a comparison photo?

Last edited by walkie on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:46 pm

That's a nice Action Force accessory card as not only does it have a plastic stand it also has the YPS Snowtrooper gun, if i'm not mistaken.

So they actually came with the Palitoy Death Star as well? Jesus, I never knew that. I guess they would have been lost or thrown away normally.

They all came from the Palitoy/Kenner factory so whether they are Action Force or Star Wars, they are from the same mould and pretty damn rare!

Does anyone want to buy them before listing on ebay?
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 6:13 pm

walkie wrote:
Andy, if you open it can you post a comparison photo?

Will do Stef, no probs mate  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hulk17
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hulk17

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Now on ebay.

Cheers for all your help guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear action figure display stands   Clear action figure display stands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear action figure display stands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next