The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hurray...ebay added a new search engine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Hurray...ebay added a new search engine Empty
PostSubject: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Just was checking ebay,

typing: Dengar....search engine changed to "Denar" Shocked Rolling Eyes 

okay...can happen...I type in: "Dengar vintage"...search engine changed to "Denar Vintage"

WTF??? This is totally NEW! I search regularly for Dengars! It never happend to me before.

And most ridiculous:

"Dengar vintage" has 402 hits, whilst "Denar vintage" has 3 hits!!!!  Rolling Eyes Razz 

Seriously...it is getting worse all the time! Sad 

Anyone noticed some other newer issues?

Seriously...the ebay search engine gets worse all the time...my mobile can do better now (recognizing words)....which is a very bad sign! Razz
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:49 pm

I used to just click, Toys & Games, then Star Wars, then Vintage and that was it, I could pick, figures, accessories, vehicles etc. and individual characters.... Now I can't even find a damn vintage section and have to trawl through thousands of modern shit.

I type in Luke Bespin and get 220 items... 180 of them are usually bit parts for the damn Hot Toys 1/6 Luke Bespin Mad 

ebay regularly makes me wish I was dead!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:59 pm

I see this from time to time but I just tried that on ebay.com and dengar vintage works fine.
Swtiched over to ebay.de and yeah. denar

But I got around that by searching on "dengar vintage" WITH the quotes in the search bar. (or "dengar" something else outside quotes)

I frequently enclose my searches in quotes when I don't want the search engine to screw with what I typed.

Try using the quotes... that should help.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:25 am

wbobafett wrote:
Just was checking ebay,

typing: Dengar....search engine changed to "Denar" Shocked Rolling Eyes 

Typing: "Dr Dengar"....search engine changed to "Ledy Addict".  thinking

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

lol! 

I searched 'Popy Star Wars', eBy France changed it to 'Pop Star Wars' and gave me results for Bobble Head characters and a pop-up R2 saber. 

Jay's (Psybertech) way works cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurray...ebay added a new search engine   Hurray...ebay added a new search engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurray...ebay added a new search engine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1