The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repro RL C-3PO net

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:41 am

Hi all,

I have done a thorough search for a confirmed Repro (fake) removable limbs c-3po net but can't find any info.

Does any one have any info or better yet have one.

The reason being i that I have received some figs and the net for the RL C-3po is just strange...

Pics to follow but just wanted to ask in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 am

I just realised that if someone can answer this question then i'll know if it's real or not........At any time during production were the RL C-3PO nets glued together at the sides (or are they all "melted" together) because this one is glued at the sides??
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:32 am

I haven't heard of a glued net either (or a repro). Could it just be a repair??
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:28 am

Sounds like a repair, as its common to find loose ones that have split along one or both seams. Like AJ, I have never heard of, or seen one glued by a factory.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 am

cantina_patron wrote:
Sounds like a repair, as its common to find loose ones that have split along one or both seams. Like AJ, I have never heard of, or seen one glued by a factory.

Thanks for the input guys....I'm thinking it's a repro.......it's also made out of a different "material" than the other RL 3PO nets I have and the squares that are cut into it are really rough around the edges.....
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 am

To be 100% sure, pls check whether it is not a Ledy net.

It is made from different material, their is a different holes pattern, and often the edges show splits.

See the Ledy thread.

C-3PO Removable Limbs
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
To be 100% sure, pls check whether it is not a Ledy net.

It is made from different material, their is a different holes pattern, and often the edges show splits.

See the Ledy thread.

C-3PO Removable Limbs

Thanks Dr Dengar.....that thread was the first I checked as soon as I got the RL net, because I knew that the Ledy one was a bit different too it's Kenner counterpart...but It's not like the Ledy one either Sad

I'll post some pics as soon as I get home......but my gut tells me REPRO!! Mad

Which is disapointing because the seller has never let me down in the past.......

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 am

Serket wrote:
Which is disapointing because the seller has never let me down in the past.......

Please keep in mind that you can not always exclude the possibility that the seller was fooled himself.

Especially when it was a reliable seller before. Let his reaction determine any future deals.

Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Pica now added   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 am

Hello,

I have added some pics of the suspect RL C3PO net....

In this first pics you can see the texture of the net

Photobucket

In this pic you can see the difference in armhole size
Photobucket

This pic you can see the rough cut edges of the squares
Photobucket

And this pic is just a comparison shot of (left) a normal HK RL net and (right) the net in question.
Photobucket

So what does everyone reckon......repro???

Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:25 am

your right,it don't look good at all No it looks more like it's hand made by somebody rather than mass reproduced :scratch: can you not get a refund? i would if i could if i had just bought it. Angry SW

daren
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 am

emperorburns wrote:
your right,it don't look good at all No it looks more like it's hand made by somebody rather than mass reproduced :scratch: can you not get a refund? i would if i could if i had just bought it. Angry SW

daren

Hi, Yeah I just wanted to be 100% sure that i was fake before contacting the seller....

Does anyone else have an opinion....????
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:31 am

I'm sorry to say that it definately looks like a poor quality repro to me too.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 am

Yep that is horrible.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:34 am

Thanks everyone for the input.....now to contact the seller Razz .....i'll let ya know how I go......
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 am

I suspect that it could be a one off piece due to the very poor quality, but it may worth posting pics in he Watch Out Section in case more start showing up.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 am

Thanks for the close up pics! Very Happy

I agree, this doesn't look good.

I would ask for a refund, back up your claim by adding a link to this thread.

I can not imagine someone takes all the effort to produce only one of these fakes.

Steve is right, it will be good to have those pics in the watch out section and weapon guide as well.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:48 am

Yeah thats what threw me at first, that there seems to have been a lot of work put into this repro....I mean it would have been easier to just buy a real one off ebay.
Back to top Go down
Serket
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Serket

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 am

Contacted seller on Friday with the details and also included the pics so he could see.......no reply yet........did I mention that not only was the net repro but I also discovered (after thinkin something just wasnt right) that the Leia Poncho figure he sent me isnt the same one that was in the ebay auction I bought it from.......as soon as i compared the two images below side by side that it became totally obvious.

Pic one is of the auction pic and pic two is of the fig he sends me.....notice the different poncho pattern....have included this all in my email to him about the net.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:29 am

Serket wrote:
Contacted seller on Friday with the details and also included the pics so he could see.......no reply yet........did I mention that not only was the net repro but I also discovered (after thinkin something just wasnt right) that the Leia Poncho figure he sent me isnt the same one that was in the ebay auction I bought it from.......as soon as i compared the two images below side by side that it became totally obvious.

Pic one is of the auction pic and pic two is of the fig he sends me.....notice the different poncho pattern....have included this all in my email to him about the net.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The second one almost looks like it was handcrated as well. Please let us know how this goes because I would like to know who the seller is etc. As it appears he could be trying to pull a fast one or he just doesn't know what he has. Either way its probably someone we probably want to be wary of.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 am

Some sellers will use stock photo's if they have multiples of the same figure for sale. Unfortunately not all sellers make this clear in the item description.

I hope you get a satisfactory outcome.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Some sellers have a history: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039086/
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1360-need-help-authenticating-a-baggie-beware-this-baggie-is-from-known-scammer-earthattic?highlight=earthattic

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Repro RL C-3PO net Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repro RL C-3PO net   Repro RL C-3PO net I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repro RL C-3PO net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1