The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COO Guide 3.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Stormtrooper was already changed!

1 new entrie and 2 better pics!!

THANK YOU JAY!

The list of contributors has a new name to add: psybertech!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:51 pm

@Wolff, is it worth updating the version number to 3.1, 3.2... etc when you update a character?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 pm

walkie wrote:
@Wolff, is it worth updating the version number to 3.1, 3.2... etc when you update a character?
Don't get it?? (Excuse me Stefan) :I am stupid: 

When I update, normally coos will be:

a) replaced (old pics are not sharp etc)
b) are missing ("sorry no picture")

I know...the Stromtrooper has some "bloopers now" (missing numbers etc)...will correct them now!

Is this okay with you Stefan?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm referring to the...

COO GUIDE V3.0 / (c) WBOBAFETT

At the bottom of each character sheet.

Maybe utilise the "3.0" and up rev the .0 ->.1 and so on whenever you make a change to comply with ISO9001. (sorry I work in a drawing office and deal with document revisions every day LOL!!)

That way anyone following your coo guide can spot when additions/modifications has been made.

Anyway its upto you, just a suggestion.

Cheers

Last edited by walkie on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:10 pm

walkie wrote:
I'm referring to the...

COO GUIDE V3.0 / (c) WBOBAFETT

At the bottom of each character sheet.

Maybe utilise the "3.0" and up rev the .0 ->.1 and so on whenever you make a change to comply with ISO9001. Smile

That way anyone following your coo guide and see when additions/modifications have been made.
Anyway its upto you, just a suggestion.

Cheers
AHAR!!! Now I get it......nice one! Besides the Stromtrooper (only jpeg left...killed the pdf accidently) I will (try) to do so! Just let us ignore "opening day"......LOL

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Ignore opening day, no way!!! I'm using it already to check my collection Smile
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 pm

IF you do go with versioning, I would recommend the following.

Main.MajorChange.MinorChange
eg:
3.001.012 would mean something like:
version 3 [Main] with 1 new addition like a missing image or newly discovered stamp [MajorChange] and 12 updated images or ID points [MinorChange]
easy to maintain and update and for those that care, you can easily know what type of changes occurred.

So it could be 3.001.012 today, 3.001.024 tomorrow and 3.003.024 the next day, but most people would only want to investigate the 3.003.024 since it shows two new images or COOs were added paying little attention to the subtle changes from x.x.012 to x.x.024.

Further example of the guide as it stands right now...

Starting the guide when you first announced it today, it would have been 3.000.000 (three digits leaves more than enough room to grow for the future).
Now, it would be 3.001.002 (1 new image (major) and two updated images (minor)).
It will always be referred to a the V3 guide. The side bits just help show changes over time. Keeping a legend of what updates occurred at each version up would also be great, but again, more work for you.

Sounds like a pain in the butt, but updates won't happen very often so it is manageable but does take extra time when posting.

I am not sure it is necessary, but I am a freak when it comes to keeping track of updating long time projects (and part of that is because I develop and maintain software). Mostly for myself to keep track of changes in my work and future reference.

Again, just my 2 cents on the big IF you decide versioning is helpful to you and/or the masses.

And man, now that I re-read my post, I am a geek. geek 

Anyway...................
Great stuff either way!!!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 pm

crazy kid!! What a Face 

I'll think ybout a sytem (three numbers each sounds crazy!!! Seriously...I will not update it for the rest of my life :cool laugh: :cool laugh: :cool laugh: )

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 pm

wbobafett wrote:
crazy kid!!
KID!??!??! THANK YOU! celebrate 

Yeah, I know... its a bear! haha

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:32 am

Happy Opening day for your CoO guide.cheers 
All i can say is thank you. It looks great.
So far i have found one that i need.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 am

Thank you so much Oscar!!!

Yesterday was "blooper day"...LOL

List:
- R2-D2 had some "sensorscope only coos" in it --> corrected
- Vader "only LL" coo was marked Kenner/LL --> corrected
- DSD has one Tri(Mec) labeled as FrMec --> in progress
- Stromtrooper: 2 blurry pictures and one new (thanks to Jay[psybertech])
- Vader second Taiwan will be added soon (thanks to Oscar [M4K3R1])
- Luke has a "pointer" made like a "movement" --> in progress

...more to follow

I have again to thank especially Shawn_K (Siteowner) and Lee_M (DevTeam) for the huge help. I think I really got on their nerves. I am sorry guys.....
You both were a huge help. It wouldn't have been released in months without you two!

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:10 am

Fantastic work, Wolff!

bow

PMed you for Wallie! unsure
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:22 am

I looked with a magnifier glass and guess what.

I have two different COOs for the 1978 Ledy R2. Differing in a subtle but significant way.

Then there is also a Vader with no COO at all (and peg holes, ruling out the Top Toys variant). I looked very carefully and can not see any letter remains at all.
It might be a short shot, but the rest of the figure looks OK. I tend to think this a true COO variant.

I can make pics for you tonight, if you like Wolff.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 am

Hey Patrick,

many thanks...Walrusman edited...up in a few minutes!

DSD, Luke FB and Vader also edited!

Dr Dengar wrote:
I looked with a magnifier glass and guess what.

I have two different COOs for the 1978 Ledy R2. Differing in a subtle but significant way.

Then there is also a Vader with no COO at all (and peg holes, ruling out the Top Toys variant). I looked very carefully and can not see any letter remains at all.
It might be a short shot, but the rest of the figure looks OK. I tend to think this a true COO variant.

I can make pics for you tonight, if you like Wolff.
Uh...I would love to see that 78 r2!! Very Happy

I am not sure about those Vaders ( afew popped up over the years)! Imo these are short shots, as well as on Luke Fb and many others....but I would like of course to see some pics! Very Happy

Most of those short shot pics I have, I cant remeber the "owner"...so it would be great to at least post it up with a question mark!

Thanks

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 am

Updates:

- DSD has one Tri(Mec) labeled as FrMec --> corrected
- Luke has a "pointer" made like a "movement" --> corrected

- Vader second Taiwan --> added (thanks to Oscar [M4K3R1])
- Walrusman missing HK --> added (thanks to Ptrick [pattejan])
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:06 am

just noticed: 1978 R2/R5 has THREE coos.....I have two here (stupid me) and pattejan helped me on the third!

Now I am looking forward to Marco's second 1978 LL one...will it be "8 up" or bigger distance between 7 and 8??

LOL

So...possibly three LL 78 out there...darrrrn!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:23 am

i'll check my '78 ledy Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 am

Took me a while to make pics of the COOs. Somehow my camera liked to focus on the screw instead of the edge.
Or maybe it was me screwing up with the settings. Very Happy
It is also getting dark here, which does not help either. Time to invest in a light tent.

I have two different COOs for the 1978 Ledy R2.. You can see it best when comparing the positions of the two dots around the "I" of "G.M.F.G.I."

COO V-2a: Dot right of "I" shifted upwards compared to dot left of "I".  
COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 IMG_0353-1978R2_COOV2a_zps531b248b

COO V-2b: Dot right of "I" shifted downwards compared to dot left of "I".
COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 IMG_0362-1978R2COOV2b_zps6081b7e1

I have a third 1978 R2. having COO V-2b as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
rattlesnaketoys
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
rattlesnaketoys

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Hope it's ok to post. Here is a pic of my no coo, no date Vader. It also has a longer lightsaber hilt thing.
COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 Dv2
COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 Dv1
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Here's my LL '78 R2, however it looks like a 2a to me....

COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 SAM_2272
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:24 am

I removed the Leia, she need some reworking...urgently. It is a bit strange, what I have found out with the help of pattejan. It puzzles me a bit and I am searching for a solution on her!

The R2 will also be changed when I have more time! It ios also strange that the 1978 HKs look different to the 1978 no coos....I hopefully will also find a solution soon. (Haven't studied all pics yet!

The Vader no coo/no marks at all:
I have seen a few examples posted over the years. IMO these are short shots/from worn molds. I cannot proof this, but I can add some points/facts:
1. The no marks at all Vaders I have seen, have different molds, are from different families. That really doesn't work..though
2. The long lightsaber tube is interesting and makes the figure look unique, but: It is an altered mold (coo wise) so the originally HK mold should also have this long tube then. There cannot be a special mold to an altered coo.
IMO this is kind of a production error. The steelmold was surely made in a way, where sth was slided inside with a pin, to mold the "hole/tube" for the lightsaber. If this part wasn't assembled the right way it could lead to the tube beeing longer. I can see on my 50 Vaders that even with the same coo the tube lenght can vary. Yours is extremly long I agree, but I still think its some kind of production error and only occured on this one by accident.

I will add some strange no mark at all figures to the guide. IMO it still doesnt make sense at all to delete copyright and copyright year from a production figure. Would make more sense if you make a bootleg!
TopToys figures are an exception and there s others: China baggie IC, LL Logray...etc. But IMO thats what they are: exceptions, from certain manufactures, and there is very very less. And these all have dead proof history. Other no marks at all figures that popped up in the last years (ANH: Vader, Luke FB, Tusken, Boba Fett etc) are questionable IMO.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:28 pm

1. Leia still in the making

2. R2 also

3. ALL Links FIXED!!! I had lots of changes to the site the last 24h Wink

4. ESB overview DONE!

5. the first few ESB sheets availible very soon!! Wink

Best

Wolff
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:41 pm

he he i wondered what was going on with the links today, all kind of random stuff popping up lol! 
looking forward to the ESB guide, great work Wolff cheers :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

chris.75 wrote:
he he i wondered what was going on with the links today, all kind of random stuff popping up lol! 
looking forward to the ESB guide, great work Wolff cheers :clap: :clap:
Please let me know if there is still some problems....it could be I have overlooked sth???

God damn...seriously...never change the "whole" system of your site....I did only half...and it was pure mess one hour ago!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:28 pm

2-1B
ATAT Commander
Bespin Guard II (black)

are up!! What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COO Guide 3.0   COO Guide 3.0 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COO Guide 3.0

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next