The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:54 am

Alternative GL Rifle Episode II

Previous posts for reference....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6330p75-glasslite-guide-discussion-thread#117486

Comparison photos of mine & Lee's Alternative GL Rifle (TBC). I've asked Lee to send me his example so that I can take a side-by-side photo of both V2's?, a V1 sinker and a Kenner. More research is required I think as although the molds match the colour doesn't. Maybe a side-by-side photo of all 4 will help in the same light??  study 

Chewbacca Rifle: Comparison Alternative GL
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 AMINM2A

Chewbacca Rifle: Comparison Alternative GL
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 POGqGpx

Lee-m wrote:
These are the best pictures i can get just now. Mine is at the bottom and is not as black as yours.
It is more silvery (much more noticeable hand in hand together) I don't mind sending you mine for you to compare for your guide.

Mine has similar flashing to yours around the tip of the barrel area.

I bought all my GL figures in one go off of the same Brazilian seller a few years ago now.

Lee_m wrote:
...Forgot to say....mine is a floater ;-)
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:15 am

Finally we had some good weather here in the UK so I seized the opportunity to update the Chewbacca entry and added the second Glasslite Rifle variant.

Chewbacca: Glasslite Rifle v1c Variant (x2)
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 0P05iv5

Thanks to Lee_m, Kenneth-B & javiswspain for help with this update.  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Glasslite X-Wing Fighter Vehicle   GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:33 am

:bump:  Bumping this excellent thread (and will sticky it)

Glasslite only produced three vehicles for the 3 3/4 action figure line. Here are my pics and description for the Glasslite X-Wing Fighter vehicle (Caca Estelar Asa-X). The only photo missing is a pic of the white insert.

Glasslite. POTF. O Poder Da Forcer. Caca Estelar Asa-X. 1988.

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl33

Packaging

The packaging for the Glasslite Power Of The Force X-Wing depicts a Dagobah background scene along with movie photo stills of Luke, R2-D2 and C-3PO. The 'Glasslite' and 'TV Toys' logos feature prominently. The box is made from two pieces, one piece fitting over the over (unlike the Kenner versions that have flaps). A white cardboard insert protects the toy. The set, new, would contain the vehicle; x4 laser cannons; a decal sheet; and an instruction sheet.

The vehicle

The Glasslite X-Wing vehicle is a truly wonderful variation compared to its Kenner and European counterparts. With its light grey / silver moulded colour and alternative decals, this X-Wing really stands out from the crowd.

The vehicle is sound motorized but lacks the wiring for light. The red nose light is in fact a "dummy" light that simply sits in the nose recess of the vehicle. Another unique feature of this cool ship is the addition of a "thumb lever" on the lid of the battery compartment. The cockpit canopy has a dark tint to it, though not as dark as some of the european non-electronic versions.

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl10GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl11 GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl12  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl13  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl14  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl15

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl16  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl17  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl18  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl19  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl20  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl21

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl22  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl23  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl24  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl25  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl26  GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Glassl11
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:56 am

Excellent  cheers 

linked added to the front page of the guide
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Glasslite - O PODER DA FORÇA - Nave Interceptdora (1988)

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 KZEDaD7

Packaging

The Glasslite packaging depicts a totally unique scene featuring a Tie-Fighter and several other spacecraft flying over the surface of an orange planet. The top right corner of the box includes movie stills of Darth Vader and a Star Destroyer. The 'Glasslite' and 'TV Toys' logos both feature prominently. The box is made from two pieces, a full colour printed lid and a base made from corrugated cardboard. Inside the base are several corrugated cardboard inserts to protect the toy. This set contains a Tie-fighter cockpit; x2 wings; a decal sheet; and an instruction leaflet.

The vehicle

Sculpt wise identical to it's Kenner and European counterparts as Glasslite appear to have used the same tooling. However it's unique light grey/silver body, dark grey wings and alternative decals, help make the Glasslite Tie-Fighter vehicle a truly wonderful variation for collectors.

The vehicle is sound motorized but lacks the wiring for the light. The red cockpit light is in fact a "dummy" light that simply sits in the lower recess of the cockpit. Another unique feature of Glasslite Tie-Fighters is that the wings completely lack any decals, most likely a cost saving idea by Glasslite who instead molded them in a darker shade of grey/silver.

Trivia

- Glasslite mixed up the names of the Tie Interceptor & Imperial Tie Fighter vehicles!

- The included decal sheet is common to both sets as neither Tie-Fighter's feature wing decals.

Acknowledgement: All photos were kindly provided by Lars aka 'Pomse2001'

Last edited by walkie on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Glasslite - O PODER DA FORÇA - Nave Imperial (1988)

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Jur9UkI

Packaging

The Glasslite packaging depicts a scene featuring a Tie-Interceptor and an orange planet not to dissimilar to the Glasslite Imperial Tie-Fighter. This time however the top right corner of the box only includes one movie still, that of Darth Vader. The 'Glasslite' and 'TV Toys' logos both feature prominently. The box is made from two pieces, a full colour printed lid and a base made from corrugated cardboard. The box would have included several inserts made from corrugated cardboard to protect the toy, these unfortunately are missing. This set when new would have contained a Tie-Interceptor cockpit; x2 wings; a decal sheet; and an instruction leaflet.

The vehicle

Sculpt wise identical to it's Kenner and European counterparts as Glasslite appear to have used the same tooling. However it's unique light grey/silver body, dark grey wings and alternative decals, help make the Glasslite Tie-Fighter vehicle a truly wonderful variation for collectors.

The vehicle is sound motorized but lacks the wiring for the light. The red cockpit light is in fact a "dummy" light that simply sits in the lower recess of the cockpit. Another unique feature of both Glasslite Tie-Fighters is that the wings completely lack any decals, most likely a cost saving idea by Glasslite who instead molded them in a darker shade of grey/silver.

Trivia

- Although not produced by Glasslite the box depicts a stormtrooper action figure sitting inside a Glasslite produced vehicle.

- The original box artwork features a Death Star which is sadly obscured by the photo still of Darth Vader, for more info Click Here!

Acknowledgement: All photos were kindly provided by Lars aka 'Pomse2001'
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 am

Darth Vader entry completed.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:34 am

Great work Stef, as always! :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:47 pm

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 FqsX9kz

Princess Leia

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 4aDlepA
COO images used with the permission of wbobafett. His coo guide can be found here http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

NOTES:
The Glasslite Princess Leia belongs to COO families #I and #III, what I hear you say?? I won't even try to explain it but somehow the tools either got mixed up and damaged, who knows?!?! Both families contains two main COO marking variations and can be easily identified by the large or small "C" in the copyright symbol.

Both original mold tools were stamped "HONG KONG" which is where the production for the earliest version of this figure took place. During the products life and possibly as part of a cost reduction exercise production was moved. There the country of origin "HONG KONG" was filled in, leaving a scar where the "HONG KONG" stamps once where.

Then somehow a non-matching set of mold tools were shipped to Brazil and used by Glasslite, therefore the scarred COO is common to both the Kenner & Glasslite.

I do not own both Glasslite and Kenner variants from the same COO family so the comparison below uses a COO family #I Kenner figure and a COO family #III Glasslite figure.

Princess Leia: Glasslite on the right
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 K6i7Bmg

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 VziIWxM

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 C3qR25i

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 PKtvZpu

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 BYfVqNq

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Ir1P4sL

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Xwz6oIk

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 TZz23Fj

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 PVpUqXb

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 65czLw1

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 XGCW510

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 GJA1R1T

EXTRAS:

Glasslite: Mould flashing on the neck stump
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 4Fopdbq

Glasslite: Belt paint work variations
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 FlyPm6W

Poor QA also resulted in minor differences between batches.

- Differences in paint applications.
- Mould flash, please read below.

Another trait of the Glasslite figure is that there appears to be a manufacturing flaw and excess flashing was left on the neck stump. This results in the Glasslite head typically sitting at an angle instead of facing forward.

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Glasslite Princess Leia has:

- Moulded in harder plastic
- A scarred COO (2 destinct versions)
- Pale face, neck and hands
- Black hair
- Black eyes and eyebrows
- Manufacturing flaw so heads are typically angled
- Hand painted hands and belt
- Black belt with hand painted large white circle detail
- Packaged with a silver Jawa blaster and a unique cape

ACCESSORIES:
The Glasslite Princess came with a v5 silver Jawa blaster compared to the blue rebel blaster which came with the Kenner figure. Note that the v5 Jawa blaster mould is identical to the solid black version which came with the Han Solo action figure.

Princess Leia Blaster: Comparision
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 ZO8YHj4

Princess Leia Blaster: Comparision
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Mf3hFhz

EXTRAS:
Comparision photos showing the Glasslite silver and solid black v5 Jawa blasters.

Glasslite: Jawa Blaster Comparision
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 K8QsUKB

Glasslite: Jawa Blaster Comparision
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 BDAw3pM

WATER TEST:
- Both Blasters float when placed in water
- Neither Blaster will sink if tapped

Glasslite: Jawa Blaster Water Test
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 APupqhz

CAPE:
The Glasslite Princess Leia came with a unique cape.

Princess Leia: Glasslite Cape on the right
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 MMNTer1

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 44gdgBo

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 TxWbXqL

EXTRAS:
Comparision photos showing three Glasslite capes overlaid on to each other.

Glasslite: Cape Comparison
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 BQBDTms

Compared to the Kenner cape, the Glasslite cape has:

- Unique cut, shorter in length with 'crescent' shaped cuts on the sides
- Smooth matt outside finish, Kenner has a cross-hatch pattern and zips when you run your finger nail across it
- Highly susceptible to staining
- Batch variations in the 'cut' of the cape
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:36 pm

I wonder whats in store for 2015?  :scratch:

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 LAQBl9v
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:35 am

I finally have a complete glasslite loose run although my leia is far from complete. missing everything but the figure
anyways I thought maybe I could show my newest that completed the line for me
Chewbacca complete GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Photo-9
han solo complete although there is a bit of black on his gun hand
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Photo-7
r2 with a bit of wear on his stickerGLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Photo-8

Back to top Go down
spaceone
New User
New User
spaceone

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:09 am

great guide!
Back to top Go down
daniel_andrade
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Wow, amazing how much attention to detail you guys have!

Would you guys take a look at my figures? Even after reading this topic and looking at the images, I couldn't find this different C-3PO that I have...

imgur.com/a/N4pmj

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I'm 35, and I have those since I was a kid.

Last edited by daniel_andrade on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:05 am

Daniel, the glasslite droids figures were included in the droids guide to show them with their Kenner counterparts. It can be found here.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5881-droids-guide-discussion-thread#
Back to top Go down
variantfett
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 5:56 pm

walkie wrote:
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 XVmKJ3y

One from the family album. Poor Han didn't listen to Uncle Wolff.  Sad 

I am the proud owner of this exact figure, I've had him a few years. Does anyone know his value?

I cant even remember what I paid.
Back to top Go down
DarthVader777
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 9:45 pm

walkie wrote:

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 S4dZdzA

Darth Vader

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 EKD7Trj
COO images used with the permission of wbobafett. His coo guide can be found here http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

NOTES:
The Glasslite Darth Vader belongs to COO family #III this family contains two main COO marking variations.

The original mold tooling was stamped "HONG KONG" where the production for the earliest version of this figure took place. During the products life and possibly as part of a cost reduction exercise production was moved. There the country of origin "HONG KONG" was filled in, leaving a scar where the "HONG KONG" stamps once where.

The last modification, possibly a repair took place when the tooling was shipped to Brazil and Glasslite reworked the tooling leaving a slightly different scar pattern on the Glasslite figures.

The scarred COO shown on the far right is unique to Glasslite, therefore the closest COO relative is the Kenner scarred version which is used for the comparison below.

Darth Vader: Glasslite on the right
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Kow4RxL

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 HCZzhDE

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 TvAsBnM

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 VNHgdMI

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 JHBmeJW

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 EywbV7p

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 5xTZZ4N

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 2ACzG7x

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 VRzXAoW

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 MK0YFSW

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 EUWsgHl

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Glasslite Darth Vader has:

- Moulded in harder plastic
- The black plastic used has an overall more glossy appearance
- Different spray mask on chest plate
- Paler red paint detail
- Different spray mask on belt buckle with unpainted black raised circle
- Packaged with a semi-transparent v8 Lightsaber & unique cape
- One of the scarred COO's is slightly modified compared to Kenner's

ACCESSORIES:
The Glasslite Darth Vader came with a semi-transparent v8 Lightsaber compared to the Kenner v2 Lightsaber.

Darth Vader: Glasslite Lightsaber on top / Kenner Bottom
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 QyqMDLM

Darth Vader: Glasslite Lightsaber x2
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 Jbsuc3Z

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to the Kenner lighsaber, the Glasslite lightsaber is:

- Duller in colour
- Thicker Tip
- Larger in length
- Semi-transparent with flecking
- Floats during the water test

WATER TEST:
- Both lightsabers float when placed in water
- Kenner lightsaber sinks when tapped

Darth Vader: Glasslite/Kenner Lightsaber water test
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 2I0yF8c

Darth Vader: Glasslite/Kenner Lightsaber water test
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 ZVmIO5q

CAPE:
The Glasslite Darth Vader came with a cape similar in overall size to it's Kenner counterpart however it has several distinguishing features.

Darth Vader: Glasslite Cape on the right
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 JjKI3E9

Darth Vader Cape: Comparison
GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 K9y6Chg

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 ILak0wa

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 SFiip3x

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 UYn6gHJ

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to the Kenner cape, the Glasslite cape has:

- Large rounded bottom corners
- Wider space between the arm holes
- Smooth glossy inside finish with a faint 'manufacturing' lines, Kenner has a duller finish.
- Smooth matt outside finish, Kenner has a cross-hatch pattern and zips when you run your finger nail across it.

Hi I have a question, is there any knowned variants of this kenner type compared to the glasslite?

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 am

yes The GL Vader is an altered coo from family III on the variant villain guide. The kenner family III counterpart is used as a comparison, in the guide above. The belt buckle, however is a unique sculpt to GL
Back to top Go down
DarthVader777
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 3:13 am

chris.75 wrote:
yes The GL Vader is an altered coo from family III on the variant villain guide. The kenner family III counterpart is used as a comparison, in the guide above. The belt buckle, however is a unique sculpt to GL

I understand that but I mean more like AFA, CAS or UKG knowned examples that are from kenner
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 5:04 am

Those are just grading companies. Who often make mistakes. There are graded examples of toyToni mocs. Also they've often graded a figure with the wrong accessories.  So not a particularly reliable source.
The buckle sculpt, cape and saber are completely unique to Glasslite . There is no Kenner equivalent. Only that they share the same coo family.
If you're  looking for a graded family III Kenner figure. Then it's quite hard to tell, the grading companies do not apply coo families  on their grading. They only put Hong Kong or no coo. The only exceptions are that they label something Lili  Ledy or Takara or Glasslite. But regular Kenner figures do not receive specific coo labels. Family III Vaders are a common no coo variant and can easily be picked up on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD    GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GLASSLITE GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5