The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Odd Leia Boushh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Anyone else come across a Leia Boushh figure with one leg shorter than the other?

Odd Leia Boushh P8030027_zps3b72c303

Odd Leia Boushh P8030024_zpsa4264f74

Odd Leia Boushh P8030028_zpse552cca5

The leia will not stand unaided due to this oddity. Even the paint on the thigh of the short leg seems off.

Seeing though i presume it to be unique anyone interested can buy it for a mere £4000. :cool laugh: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:21 pm

It's something that happens more often than you would think with the limbs, you only notice it more with the legs because of the effect on the figure standing.
It is basically a result of shrinking due to the plastic being released from the mold to fast before cooling. The overall shape and features of the leg remain the same just marginally smaller in overall volume, not to be confused with a 'short shot' or 'poor shot' where not enough plastic was injected into the mold, this results in malformation or bits missing like the end of a toe for example.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks for the explanation, General.

I was trying to stand it up so i could take a picture to sell it, but quickly gave up.

I may now keep it as an oddity in my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 pm

No problem chief, I've got a couple in my Bespin Luke collection, including my childhood figure, always annoyed me as a kid as to why the bastard would stand properly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:21 am

Yeah i had a Boushh Leia that wouldn't stand up unaided in my collection for a while. I'm guessing its a fairly common problem with this figure due to the bend in her knee.
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 am

I had a Vader with the same type of short leg syndrome and I was always curious about it as it wasn't a short shot. Thanks for the info about rapid cooling General Khan, I'll sleep better tonight knowing one more mystery in the universe has a resolution Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd Leia Boushh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd Leia Boushh   Odd Leia Boushh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd Leia Boushh

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1