The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leia Boushh unpainted helmet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Empty
PostSubject: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:59 am

"Still under shock" affraid 3 weeks ago I purchased a large vintage star wars lot in USA (Michigan) from the original owner (NOT a stwar wars collector or a vintage toy shop!!!). There was 2 Leias in Bush disguise, both with helmets. One helmet is unpainted. As I had never seen a unpainted helmet and I just tought it was a factory mistake but I just find out this morning (on the web) that apparently this helmet variation is rare (sorry I am a new into Star Wars collecting)....

The good thing, is that I think I till have the original backing card (there was 61 backing cards in the lot and I remember seeing at least one with Leia in Boushh disguise)

I will post several pics tonight when I return home and look for your confirmation. I hope I did not dream it! What a Face

Alex
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 am

Compare the sizes of the painted & unpainted helmet & take a look inside for a letter or a mold circle. Looking forward to the pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 am

Apparently, there was a thread on the same subject in 2008 on this forum. So I hope this is ok to leave it here ... unsure

I could not resist to get back home during lunch time. Just to have a look at it again. :?:

In the lot , there was also the 2 Leia in Boushh disguise backing cards (ROTJ) - Kenner, so I guess that those 2 cards belong to the 2 Leias in the lot.
The 2 figs look slightly different from the Leia I had as a child and that I still have (this last one has a more "chubby" face). The hair color is also different. Stupid me I did not check the COO... Surprisingly the unpainted helmet appears to be slightly smaller than the one I have but exactly the same as the other painted one included in the lot. Both have a large spot inside but no letters markings. The colors and composition of those 2 helmets are quite different from the one I already had. Anyway, since I had a very short lunch break I could not make any pics but I will try to do that tonight, including the 2 figs, the single weapon and the 2 backing cards.

:I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am

We're guessing "made in Taiwan"
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

You guessed right! Indeed! both figs are marked as follows:

Right Leg: made in Taiwan. Left leg: (c) LFL 83
Pictured are 3 Leias. The 3rd on the right is the one I had as a child: her helmet is more orange and made of harder plastic. and the COO has been removed on her right leg.

I have measured the helmets: the softer versions is 1.3mm shorter. The plastic is more brownish and much softer (like an eraser material). The unpainted version seems to have a kind of varnish instead of paint (I don't know what exactly)

I have made pics of the backing cards as well. Though they both look exactly the same, one has a serial number under the bubble (see pic).

I have made some pics. Let me know if I should provide more info.

Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4213
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4214
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4215
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4216
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4217
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4218
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4219
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4220
Leia Boushh unpainted helmet Dsc_4221
Quote :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leia Boushh unpainted helmet   Leia Boushh unpainted helmet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leia Boushh unpainted helmet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1