The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 am

Very cool Jay,
6" Boba and the Chief Ewok turned fantastic.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 pm

I recently posted about my renewed interest in sketching in the Good with your Hands topic after picking up a small Wacom tablet and giving it a go.

I started with Leia Bespin (of course) but I think she was a little too ambitious for my fist try in over 20 years.

This was where I left her for now but will come back to her after more practice. Not bad but far from great.
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 11965350365_6cd1ea6549

So for my second try I decided to go a little easier and go for something without a face to practice other things for now.
So here is my first attempt at Boba Fett.
I'm only putting the final sketch and color attempts leaving the pre-sketch and framework stuff back.

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 12120662795_0151dbf3db_b

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 12121059454_a5d2e6dc13_b

I plan on doing a Stormtrooper and Vader as well (Vader scares me with all that black - should be an interesting attempt at shading!).

Anyway..........

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Jay, that Boba is ace, top work  :clap:

How long from start of sketch to end of colouring would you say that took? 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Jay, that Boba is ace, top work  :clap:

How long from start of sketch to end of colouring would you say that took? 
Thanks!

Honestly, I worked on it in total about 8-10 hours!!!!! over this entire week when I had some time to devote to it. The first sketch work was changed to add in the blaster so that added some time. Realistically, I would say the sketch alone took the most time (not shown above) since I do it in stages and the sketch work was always my weak side. The outline (shown above - probably should call it the 'inking stage') took about an hour once the sketch was done and then shading and color about 2 hours max. Probably much less time if I sat and didn't walk away from the PC for beers, smokes, phone, shiny objects, etc. haha Smile

I know it is very slow for me, but that's fine. Less time watching TV and browsing for things to buy! lol!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Lol, be careful of distracting shiny objects. Look forward to the Stormie now (and Vader)   cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:54 pm

lovin' that Fett Jay - fargin' Awesome man  cheers :clap: cheers 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Very awesome looking Fett, Jay, I also really like the 6" black series pics. Very inspiring stuff mate.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:43 pm

A sad day, but the tool that quickly let me update my first post with my Flickr set with this stuff no longer works. I need to find a replacement.

But for now, since I am over the moon about completing my loose Kenner run, I had to bump this. cheers
psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 14436256260_b1730a44a9_h

You can view the flickr set with everything right HERE.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:11 am

really nice images and update  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight   psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psybertech's Star Wars Figures Artwork Limelight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3