The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
raven7dp
New User
New User
raven7dp

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Just picked up this sealed example of the transitional ESB vinyl figure case. Just looking for a Jedi version now.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Image525

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Great stuff guys!

The bootlegs and pencil toppers are fantastic, I have yellow and green versions of the Vader topper and they are amongst my favourite pieces.

The ESB case looks great , I love the art from that version.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 4:23 pm

The_Dark_Artist wrote:
Hi Marco, because it has dates and a coo, at best it could be considered a production sample or unmarked EP's (NO hand written numbers under the feet). But I'm not going to label it that way, I'm going to call it a production piece only. Talked to another about this. I'm not going to name it anything that it isn't. But the individual told me when he went on finds, back in the day, would find protoypes and amongst them would be unmarked EP's. These finds came from former Kenner Employee's homes/garages ect... Those pieces would just simply get thrown in a pile with the rest of the production figures and sold off as such.
But it's still special to me to have this piece in my collection : )

Thanks Steve for your explaination. Very Happy
I can imagine why this piece feels a bit more special to you.

Jonathan: Congrats on the vinyl case, great piece! Very Happy
First time I had a good look at the artwork. Funny that the 'not so movie accurate' vintage figure Powerdroid is shown in front of the Cantina bar. Greedo on the other hand looks more like the character in the movie than the vintage figure. And who is the figure between Greedo and Hammerhead. Difficult to see. Death Star Droid? unsure
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
raven7dp
New User
New User
raven7dp

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Dr. Dengar,

That is indeed the Death Star Droid. The Greedo looks to be a mix of movie and toy imagery. I love the upside down Death Star. I really don't see that many sealed examples of this version. Thanks for the kind comments!

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
JEFFS_MUSEUM
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:27 pm

raven7dp wrote:
Just picked up this sealed example of the transitional ESB vinyl figure case. Just looking for a Jedi version now.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Image525

Jonathan

Jonathan, this was a smoking deal all around, and I kick myself because I looked at it but I could not see the clear cello on the front but now in your pic it shows up perfect, great score as I have been looking for 1 for years now to complete my set.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
raven7dp
New User
New User
raven7dp

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:35 am

Thanks, Jeff

I'm surprised you don't already have one. I agree that the seller was asking a good price for it initially. Even better they accepted my best offer below the asking price. I would have figured I could have found a Jedi example before this one. Can't remember the last time I saw one on eBay.

Jonathan
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:54 am

raven7dp wrote:
Dr. Dengar,

That is indeed the Death Star Droid. The Greedo looks to be a mix of movie and toy imagery. I love the upside down Death Star. I really don't see that many sealed examples of this version. Thanks for the kind comments!

Jonathan

Upside down Death Star....good spot, hadn't noticed that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:39 am

Nice pick ups so far everyone for volume 9 :Drool: :Drool:

AJ - what a great haul of goodies, love the Toltoys 12" Luke Cool

Jesse - congrats on that great Canadian Snowtrooper Cool

June - sweet loose lot and nice haul of Tri cardbacks cheers

Psyber - congrats on all your goodies Cool

DelToro - love that Wicket projector, what a great Ledy oddball piece Cool

Steve - congrats on that nice example R5 Cool

Raven7dp - well done catching the ESB vinyl case, superb graphics cheers

Jase - great you stopped by TIG to say hi, hope all is good, cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Picked up these today, UK Mighty World of Marvel issues featuring SW Weekly, Palitoy and force Beam adverts Smile

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Uk_adv10

First time I've seen this 1978 Pailtoy offer showing the figures:

(R2 is shy and has his back to the camera) Wink

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Mighty11
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Couple of bits arrived over the last week, nothing flash, because I'm a skint tramp Very Happy

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 214

Had all these as a kid and fancied a listen, no Hoojibs tape though Sad and that was always my fav!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 116

Couple of Bespin Luke cardbacks, beaten up to shit! ESB 31 Back b & ESB 32 Back b and also a Bespin Luke with some rather interesting Poch/PBP traits (I'll post over in the Poch thread) R2 with dark blue stripes and no COO.

Also a Lili Ledy unpainted overstock head very generously given to me by Pat, Cheers my friend, it's good to know that there is still people like you in the hobby! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Paul: I like those those adverts. What character is the mean looking red faced guy with pilot glasses? (top row, 2nd from the right).

Alex: Congrats on the cardbacks, unpained Ledy overstock head (kudos to Pat!), and Spanish Luke Bespin figure. I am going to check the POCH thread right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Paul: I like those those adverts. What character is the mean looking red faced guy with pilot glasses? (top row, 2nd from the right).

Cheers Marco,
He's Beilert Valance (The Hunter), a human/cyborg bounty hunter with a hatred for droids. He featured in some of the early SW Marvel comics stories.
Lots of info about him here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_16:_The_Hunter

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Mighty16

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Cheers Paul, thanks for explaining! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Another acquisition for me already, woot!

A Canadian Micro Hoth World set, which includes the Ion Cannon, Generator Attack and Wampa Cave sets. The seller also had the Turret Defense set and included it in the sale.

I have the Bespin sets and have been wanting to add the Hoth one for a long time!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0021_zps95bbc91b

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0011_zpse8770c16

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0022_zps4d59cd51

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0013_zps10c7deca

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0015_zps4f1ad67c

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 IMG_0017_zps2ac792c3
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:35 am

I wasn't going to stray from my focus of the first 12, but it is kinda hard not too. I decided to at least get the major variants from the first 12, so this guy just arrived. Minty mint! Now all I need is a Takara Wind Up to finish the run. Smile
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 8803750735_a2f227d1ee_o

And here is how I am going to display those cool, weird pencil toppers... on pencils! (golf pencils to be precise).
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 8803751503_dcc32f3df2_o
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 8814336502_e65231e32b_o

I need to find a better glue. Crazy glue just wanted to seep into the wood of the pencil and made a mess of the base with all the extra glue I had to use, but you get the idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:45 am

psybertech wrote:
And here is how I am going to display those cool, weird pencil toppers... on pencils! (golf pencils to be precise).
I need to find a better glue. Crazy glue just wanted to seep into the wood of the pencil and made a mess of the base with all the extra glue I had to use, but you get the idea. Smile

a clear 5 minute type epoxy glue would work well and not leave the discoloration .

another possibility would be to drill holes through the plastic base the size of the pencils - if the pencils don't wedge in the holes tight enough just about any type of glue would hold them in place - even the super glue would work if you apply it neatly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:55 am

ourchickenshack wrote:
even the super glue would work if you apply it neatly Very Happy
Hey! I was drunk and was trying to hand hold the pencils in place... those suckers just loved sliding around. I think I will actually replace the base with a 4" or 5"L x 1"W x.5"H piece of wood and drill holes for the pencils in the final thing, standing them all side by side. I'll post a final picture when I get around to it.
I still need to start my display case. I am suck a slacker lately. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

psybertech wrote:
I think I will actually replace the base with a 4" or 5"L x 1"W x.5"H piece of wood and drill holes for the pencils in the final thing, standing them all side by side.

Sorry, I'm late to the party again. Just got back from a meeting. This is what I made a few years back to help hold stuff when I'm customizing figures. It's just rough, but a similar idea. I just used doweling from the hardware store. Then just glue the doweling into the holes with carpenters glue. Then paint as desired. Very Happy

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Dsc06516
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:27 pm

psybertech wrote:
ourchickenshack wrote:
even the super glue would work if you apply it neatly Very Happy
Hey! I was drunk and was trying to hand hold the pencils in place... those suckers just loved sliding around. Neutral

oh , that explains it lol!

public service announcement : Drinking and Super Glue don't mix well ...

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 Thcaug12

Great idea with the wood and dowel rods Clint Very Happy

BTW Psyber - Drinking and Carpentry isn't a good idea either rofl
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Nice Canadian Micro Hoth World set, Jesse. Very Happy The child in me still regrets that those playsets were never sold in the Netherlands back then.

Congrats on the mint R2 with pop up saber. lol! about the pencil ideas!

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Nice magazine adverts......R2...luke bespins.....hoth micro sets (wow!!!)....and anything I missed guys!!

Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Great stuff as always guys
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:10 am

General Kahn wrote:
Couple of bits arrived over the last week, nothing flash, because I'm a skint tramp Very Happy

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 214

Had all these as a kid and fancied a listen, no Hoojibs tape though Sad and that was always my fav!

cheers

I love the artwork on the top 2 stories!
And would love to listen to these stories as well, don't think these were ever released in the Netherlands.
Any plans to 'capture / convert' these to mp3 (just to share among forum) bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Quote :
Any plans to 'capture / convert' these to mp3 (just to share among forum)

Funnily enough yes, my mates got an USB cassette converter, just waiting for him to dig it out. I've scanned all the pics from the Hoojibs book to make a youtube video and plan to do the same with the other two, but the books are quite brittle and fragile (probably been damp at some point) so scanning them might not be the best idea, I'll figure something though chief.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Thargoil wrote:
Any plans to 'capture / convert' these to mp3 (just to share among forum) bounce bounce bounce

If you look hard enough there are already mp3's and scans of all the read-along books on the net.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next