The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars Empty
PostSubject: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:45 am

I know I'm the new kid on the block (so to speak), but I found a listing that made me pause and I'm sure someone has flagged this guy before, but I didn't find it when I was checking out the insane pricing on different SW items, I ran across this:

AWESOME COMPLETE LAST 17 COMPLETE POWER OF THE FORCE FIGURE SET POTF LAST 17

so I decide to look at it... well, something caught my eye & made me question the WHOLE lot...

THIS IS PERFECTION COMPLETE SET OF MINT LAST 17 POWER OF THE FORCE VINTAGE KENNER 1985 FIGURES ALL COMPLETE WITH PURE VINTAGE ACCESSORIES AND PURE VINTAGE COINS (EXCEPT YAK FACE AND ANAKIN BUT THE COINS LOOK VINTAGE ON CARD TO BE HONEST PERFECT REPRODUCTIONS). IF YOU HAVE THOSE TWO COINS I CAN LEAVE THE BLISTERS UNSEALED TO PLACE THE COINS IN IF PREFERED? THE REST ARE PURE VINTAGE JUST LET ME KNOW?)

ALL 17 MINT VINTAGE KENNER FIGURES HAVE BEEN RESTORED PERFECTLY ONTO THEIR VERY OWN POWER OF THE FORCE 92 BACK RECARDS GIVING OUTSTANDING DISPLAYABILITY AT A FRACTION OF THE FACTORY SEALED PRICE. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO GET THE SET IN ONE GO AND SAVE A FORTUNE.

Well, there's my FYI, it seems like his whole business is "restoring".

I did a quick check to see if his name was here, but didn't find it, so I figured I could say something, just in case...

He works out of Spain & his name is Nathan Edwards. Hope I'm not double posting head bang

Nite all!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t42-watch-out-for-scammer-costablancastarwars-aka-nathan-edwards-jedi-retro-cards-etc?highlight=Edwards

Well known twat Wink
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 am

As AJ said, avoid like the plague. Can't believe he still operates. He's obviously made enough cash from his endeavours to move from the UK to Spain....either that or he got kicked out!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:45 am

Yep, stay away from this clown, he has been involved in every dodgy practice you can imagine over the years, im sure you will come up with plenty of dirt on this bloke if you google him.
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:35 am

had a feeling he was known, but I just worry when my daughter sees something like that, I guess we have to have the talk about scammers on ebay.

What's that old adage? "If It's Too Good To Be True, It Probably Is"

Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Subject: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Same guy is also operating under the name ' blistersisters '

Back to top Go down
scovell001
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 5:25 am

I purchased a 'black' princess leia palace blaster from him, say, a year ago. I was really worried after I checked on this thread about him.

However, what turned up, was the real deal!

He has 'very clever' wording on his adverts. But, as most here have posted, once you know what he's offering, you can either take it, or avoid it.

When I first started up collecting again to finish my set from when I was young. I was a newbie & didn't understand. There was a post (I think on here) & it said, "unless it says the figure & the weapon/accessory is 100% real & the picture isn't blurred, don't buy it from ebay".

I would say thats pretty sound advice now. Lots of people use blurred or 'distant' photo's or have listings which feature the words 'complete with blaster' similar.

I would also say that figures listed as c8.5-9.0 are probably 'my' version of a c6.

Pay proper money & get a proper figure is my advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars   Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay Watch - costablancastarwars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1