The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! Empty
PostSubject: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:17 am

I need some help and advice deciding what to do about a Ebay experience I just had. To make a long story short:
Last week I bid on and won a loose Royal Guard on Ebay. Seller listed it as COMPLETE. No other info given on the description other than to email him with any questions.
Here’s my problem. I got the figure on Saturday and as you might suspect, the figure came with a repro staff. My Questions to all of you:
• Do I leave the seller Neutral Feedback for not listing in the auction that the weapon was a repro?
• Or do I bite the bullet and just lick my wounds for not asking the seller about the weapon from the get go?
Here are a few more factors in this whole thing.
1. I couldn’t email him about the auction because I stumbled on the auction literally with 3 minutes left on the auction.
2. I only paid $5.50 for the figure so should I just let it go? I’m not going to ask for a refund for it because it would cost more for the shipping and hassle.
3. Should I post the feedback to maybe WARN future bidders on his items?
4. After checking his feeback others have had the same problem with this seller.
The sellers name is: jwtoyrestoration
Here is the link to the seller and the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120728930467&si=fKCaaGZ0CZEt8bkmZbFaPzkww%252BU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Thank you all for any thoughts or opinions you can give in this matter.
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:26 am

robbiezombbie wrote:
I need some help and advice deciding what to do about a Ebay experience I just had. To make a long story short:
Last week I bid on and won a loose Royal Guard on Ebay. Seller listed it as COMPLETE. No other info given on the description other than to email him with any questions.
Here’s my problem. I got the figure on Saturday and as you might suspect, the figure came with a repro staff. My Questions to all of you:
• Do I leave the seller Neutral Feedback for not listing in the auction that the weapon was a repro?
• Or do I bite the bullet and just lick my wounds for not asking the seller about the weapon from the get go?
1. I couldn’t email him about the auction because I stumbled on the auction literally with 3 minutes left on the auction.
2. I only paid $5.50 for the figure so should I just let it go? I’m not going to ask for a refund for it because it would cost more for the shipping and hassle.
4. After checking his feeback others have had the same problem with this seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120728930467&si=fKCaaGZ0CZEt8bkmZbFaPzkww%252BU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Personally, I'd reach out and explain that the repro weapon doesnt constitute "complete". Yes you got it for a cheap price but ultimately you'll have to spend money on a real pike and then you'll be out that amount. The cost of a real pike is probably $3-$4 so ask for either a real weapon, or $3. If he says no, leave negative feedback. It's the only way people like this learn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 pm

robbiezombbie wrote:

I have received several damaged figures and repro weapons from different sellers from ebay I have also received packets where parts is missing.

Normally I ask for the part and if they can't replace the part then I ask for a refund and if they will pay for the shipping back then they also can pay for that.

Normally the sellers mail me the the missing part or replace it with another part or give me a refund and I can keep the repro weapon or if some part is missing they give me a refund that I can accepts normally what the part is worth that there is missing. Then I leave them good feedback, because they solved the problem.

If they do not solve the problem so that I am happy again then I will leave bad feedback, but that has never happened yet.

But you are also right that other buyers should know about a bad seller. But many sellers do first leave feedback after the buyer have been giving him or her feedback.
So if you give him or her bad feedback then you can also get bad feedback from them. But you can always then complain to ebay, then they can help you with deleting the bad feedback.

I can say do not trust all ebay sellers more than 50% of the packets that I have received this year from ebay sellers, have sold me repro weapons that should have been originals or there has been damaged items or missing items.

I do not know this seller, never bought from him or her. But the auction looks okay, many errors in the auction. But that could not be your problem. If he does not write about original or repro then you should expect original.

Hope you could use the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Well here is what I sent the seller. We'll see what he responds with:

Hi, I won the “Emperor Royal Guard” auction. The auction listed the figure as “Complete” but when I received the figure I noticed it was shipped with a reproduction staff. The reproduction staff was also broken in half.
I’m not looking to return the figure. I’d like to request that a new staff be sent to me. But not another Reproduction staff. The auction was stated as “Complete” which to my understanding means with original weapon. I would be more than willing to mail back to you the broken staff that came with the guard originally.

Thanks for your time.
Robbie
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:36 pm

robbiezombbie wrote:
Well here is what I sent the seller. We'll see what he responds with:

Hi, I won the “Emperor Royal Guard” auction. The auction listed the figure as “Complete” but when I received the figure I noticed it was shipped with a reproduction staff. The reproduction staff was also broken in half.
I’m not looking to return the figure. I’d like to request that a new staff be sent to me. But not another Reproduction staff. The auction was stated as “Complete” which to my understanding means with original weapon. I would be more than willing to mail back to you the broken staff that came with the guard originally.

Thanks for your time.
Robbie

Great Writing, but I still think if he want the fake weapon back, then he should pay for the mail.

Hope it works Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 am

Well apparently ebay seller jwtoyrestoration is a complete jack ass!!! He doesn’t think he’s doing anything wrong NOT listing his auctions with Repro weapons. I feel some negative feedback coming on to leave for this asshole!! Below is his response to me and my follow up to him:

Dear robbiezombbie,

I did not lie about it being complete. I also stated in the description if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I can get another staff, but it will also be a repo. An original cost as much as what you paid for the figure. That is all I will offer.

- jwtoyrestoration

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear jwtoyrestoration,

Thank you for your response. With ebays feedback policy and star rating system I would think that a seller would be more willing to help do all that they can to make the buyer happy. Your auction/s are misleading and sketchy. You list your items as “complete” yet everywhere I look for a definition on a “loose complete toy” I find the same thing : “define complete: is that the toy comes with all of the weapons and accessories originally packaged with it.” If I were to send this Guard with the repro staff to AFA as a loose complete figure as you labeled the auction they would reject it as “Not complete”. At the same time, you not listing that weapons or accessories in your auction are repro will (and by looking at your feedback) make others feel ripped off as well.
As I stated in my previous message, I’m not looking for a refund on the figure. I’m only looking for the correct staff to make the figure “complete” as you listed it as.
Thank you for your time.

- robbiezombbie
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

Just neg him. You can already see this is going nowhere.

File a PP dispute too, just to put it on record. PP and Ebay track how many cases get opened on a seller
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 am

What a bad seller, just give him bad feedback and if he have not been giving you feedback yet and also give you bad feedback. Then contact ebay and they will normally help you with deleting the bad feedback he gave you.
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

Well with ebay's new policy he can't leave me Negative feedback. It's not an option for sellers anymore.

But I did just get a QUCIK response from him just now.

Dear robbiezombbie,

I usually always state in my description if they are original. I could not afford to have figures starting out at $3 or even $5 if they came with original weapons. Like I have already told you I can send you another repo weapon.

- jwtoyrestoration
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 am

robbiezombbie wrote:
Well with ebay's new policy he can't leave me Negative feedback. It's not an option for sellers anymore.

But I did just get a QUCIK response from him just now.

Dear robbiezombbie,

I usually always state in my description if they are original. I could not afford to have figures starting out at $3 or even $5 if they came with original weapons. Like I have already told you I can send you another repo weapon.

- jwtoyrestoration

What a stupid answer from the seller, starting bid on $1 and people would normally bid what they think the figure is worth. I hate auctions with a higher starting bid than $1 or buy it now auctions. Where is the fun in that. Ebay is about bidding on auctions or it should be.

Nice to know about the new rule on ebay. So what if a buyer is bad then he can't get bad feedback ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!   Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay Feedback Question / Watch out!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1