The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kenner Babe is a man?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:26 am

He says he is going to burn them..really he is going to play with them though. Razz

Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Aussie Fortuna wrote:

No probs mate, ive said my bit.

Ive got them in hand as i do with every infamous repro to educate myself and others if i can.
This is for the 'crazy' brand black and white set of stormies, the same brand as the 12'' stormtrooper.

There are plenty of differences that are very easy to spot.

1. The hands are actually glued in, this is something that nobody has mentioned yet, they have a hollow arms.

2. they are actually smaller than an average stormtrooper by about 1mm all over, making it 2mm from hip to hip.

3. their heads are smaller, a lot smaller.

4. the paint apps are thinner and face features are thinner and smaller.

5. the mouth is a lot thinner

6. the mouldings are way less defined all over.

7. and about 10 other differences that i'll wait to put in the watch out thread.

Put it this way, if you had one of these in hand and you didnt know it was a repro you would look at it and think somethings not right, this doesnt look or feel like a kenner storm trooper, they are miles off the real thing if you have a trained eye for detail.

I would class them as a very poor repro, all the average punter has to do is look at the hands and check if they are glued into hollow arms..

What i can confirm is these are very different from the last stormy repros and from different molds as the torso where the arms fit in is very different and not flat like the others are .

So we now have two lots of repro stormies coming from different places.

cheers

Is it possible that there are two versions of these being made? There have been posts about these on rebelscum where the OP says these are VERY close to the real deal. Even down to the copyright info on the leg. If the one you have has that many differences, I'm thinking that there could be more than one maker of these popping up. I could be 100% wrong on this of course.

Darthberizing, I loved your Shanghai surprise comment! Still laughing my ass off!!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Josh wrote:
He says he is going to burn them..really he is going to play with them though. Razz

My family loves this clip as a representation of me LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:03 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:53 pm

dj121 wrote:
Aussie Fortuna wrote:

No probs mate, ive said my bit.

Ive got them in hand as i do with every infamous repro to educate myself and others if i can.
This is for the 'crazy' brand black and white set of stormies, the same brand as the 12'' stormtrooper.

There are plenty of differences that are very easy to spot.

1. The hands are actually glued in, this is something that nobody has mentioned yet, they have a hollow arms.

2. they are actually smaller than an average stormtrooper by about 1mm all over, making it 2mm from hip to hip.

3. their heads are smaller, a lot smaller.

4. the paint apps are thinner and face features are thinner and smaller.

5. the mouth is a lot thinner

6. the mouldings are way less defined all over.

7. and about 10 other differences that i'll wait to put in the watch out thread.

Put it this way, if you had one of these in hand and you didnt know it was a repro you would look at it and think somethings not right, this doesnt look or feel like a kenner storm trooper, they are miles off the real thing if you have a trained eye for detail.

I would class them as a very poor repro, all the average punter has to do is look at the hands and check if they are glued into hollow arms..

What i can confirm is these are very different from the last stormy repros and from different molds as the torso where the arms fit in is very different and not flat like the others are .

So we now have two lots of repro stormies coming from different places.

cheers

Is it possible that there are two versions of these being made? There have been posts about these on rebelscum where the OP says these are VERY close to the real deal. Even down to the copyright info on the leg. If the one you have has that many differences, I'm thinking that there could be more than one maker of these popping up. I could be 100% wrong on this of course.

Hi mate, as i said above, yes there is more than one style of these repros being produced, neither of them imo are close to the real deal, cheers
Darthberizing, I loved your Shanghai surprise comment! Still laughing my ass off!!
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Oops.... LOL I missed the part where you said more than one style.

Double dumb ass on me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenner Babe is a man?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4