The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kenner Babe is a man?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:25 am

Wait, being concerned about repros is whining? WTF? TIG was founded because of the production of repros and collectors wanted discussion about them.

I must be missing something. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:37 am

It's fucken hilarious if you ask me. I am sure a few of them even believe some of the shit they spew out on a daily basis. The real reason they aren't on any other forums is they don't last 5 secs once they open their traps up. If they aren't praising each other on an hourly basis, they really have very little to say...and even less worth listening too. Take Maulster for example. Several UK collectors just want to belt that sheep in the mouth. I have seen him called out a few times now. Crumbles like a little bitch as soon as he is. Your typical keyboard warrior. And if you have seen pics of some of these guys Razz It's a wonder they shoot their mouths off as it is. Some of them look like they would blow over in a stiff breeze. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:42 am

JesseVader08 wrote:
Wait, being concerned about repros is whining? WTF? TIG was founded because of the production of repros and collectors wanted discussion about them.

I must be missing something. Shocked

TIG was founded to educate collectors on what is out there in terms of reproduction items. Here they are documented. You certainly don't see people here comparing them with bootlegs for a start let alone wanting to take on some company in China they have no control over. Razz
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:03 am

Alrighty, let's keep this on track Josh. Honestly if someone was on SWFUK saying stuff about TIG and it's members I'd hope that someone would reel it in. So I'd like to do the same for them.

More to the point, SWFUK isn't the enemy here. It's repro Stormtroopers and a man posing as a girl. I just bought a set of these to check them out and document even more. Maybe after I do pics and such I'll put them in the BBQ or something funny.

Aussiefortuna - Ray Finkle is the photo a few pages back of the guy with the moustache. It's from the movie Ace Ventura!

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:29 am

Wait. Are there other repro Stormies besides the Poon ones now??
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:41 am

lol! Just like they do with all the shit that gets dribbled about RS on a daily basis. But since I consider you a friend I will do as you wish, John.
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:52 am

Josh you are just attempting to stir things up here and I do have some amount of respect for TIG. You know you are inviting a thread that we derail and explode like a bomb.

Aussie F.......you really do not seem to care about repros at all...you basically state that if a collector is uneducated he desreves it...That does not set well with anyone. Albeit your big game fisherman as no one really cares.

Fell free to continue to talk about our forum here as you are free to join our forum and discuss further. As for Josh....he was banned a while back on SWFUK......and I actually wish we could let him back on.

I will not respond to any other comments afterwards out of respect to this forum.....If you want to continue the discussion...you know were we all are....or you can contine to lurk as your such a tuff guy.
Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

Ha ha - Joshy you crack me up - and like Todd I wish we could have you back

AussieF - you are welcome on SWFUK anytime - perhaps you can tell all the little fishies how it doesn't matter to serious collectors like yourself that the repro stormies are out there

No one is 'whining' - people are just amazed that there is anything other than utter contempt for these reproductions from so called collectors
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:46 am

itfciain wrote:

AussieF - you are welcome on SWFUK anytime - perhaps you can tell all the little fishies how it doesn't matter to serious collectors like yourself that the repro stormies are out there

No one is 'whining' - people are just amazed that there is anything other than utter contempt for these reproductions from so called collectors

First off mate, im man enough to take things to PM as i have after i saw you taking weak as piss pot shots at me over on SWFUK, you had plenty of chance to say something to me on RS in the thread but you decided to go and bitch with the rest of the 12 year old chicks about me on swfuk, you were to weak for any PMs so i see youve decided to grand stand with it here which doesnt surprise me, pull your head in mate your as weak as piss.

Second off Tiefighterboy, whats this got to do with you, your in the same boat, all the tough talking on SWFUK about how your trying to push RS to its limits and see if you can get a ban lol, mate then you get there and you dont do shit, mate your all talk, im not a member there so i cant reply to you there but since youve called me out here i'll address you here, sorry John but everybody is entitled to a reply.

Yes im a pro fisherman, im proud of that, dealing with SOME of you biatching starwars nerds is the easiest thing in my whole week, im a lover of vintage starwars, but its only a tiny part of my life, my worth is not tied up with starwars as it seems like you two's lives are.
Biatching and moaning about repros is pathetic, get a life, get educated about them or continue to keep whining like 12 year old chicks having your first periods, they are here to stay, you think you can stop it by crying every time you hear the name on starwars forums, its just sad stuff.

Now if any of you two cats have a problem, see my PM button, press it and we can talk.

John sorry to have to take this to the forum, but ive been called out and deserve the right of reply, cheers
Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:53 am

What I don't get is why it is so 'manly' to go to PM?
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:04 am

itfciain wrote:
What I don't get is why it is so 'manly' to go to PM?

First off its out of respect for the rest of the forum.
Do you think John and the owners of sites like this want this shit filling up blogs, thats why after i saw your attacks on me on SWFUK the first thing i did was PM you to have a chat like a man.
Secondly you dont have your mates in PM, its man to man, theres no grandstanding for the forum, its a place where two people can tell each other how they feel.
If you feel as though you need your mates there to hold your hand, or send my PMs to your mates like tiefighterboy for support thats your go, actually i wouldnt expect anything less, but where im from we talk man to man, i dont need group hugs or my mates holding my hand for support in life or on a forum, im more than happy to resolve or deal with my personal dramas one on one, but by the looks of it, everybody is different in that regard.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:06 am

itfciain wrote:

It would be an awesomeness overload. I don't think even you guys could handle it. Surprising, I know Razz
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:18 am

Lots of + earned for Josh and Aussie Fortuna cheers

hmmmm ... John requests that Josh reels it in , Josh reels it in out of respect for John and this site ,
2 jackasses attempt to pour more fuel on a fire and goad responces out of Josh and Aussie :scratch:

sounds to me like a couple of jackasses living up to a well deserved weak reputation by poking the bear after our zoo keeper has calmed him down - perhaps if you anger him enough you can get him banned here as well No .

Now I remember why I avoid the "other sites" like a plague Cool
Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:21 am

There has to be some irony about a discussion of 'manliness' in a thread initially about Kenner Babe lol!

To be honest AussieF - I don't really get what your point is. In the initial thread over on SWFUK I said I thought your attitude stinks and this hasn't changed. If people, collectors, don't rally up against this repro crap then they will hit the market big time and lots of uneducated people will be suckered in - I can't see how anyone connected with this hobby can argue against that

I am not sure what your point is about going to PM, it sounds like some macho playground speak for meeting up behind the bike sheds for a fight Rolling Eyes - I also don't get what your point about being a fisherman is (professional or not) and why that sets you aside from all the rest of the starwars "nerds"

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:33 am

Iain, surely you are not naive enough to think a few Star Wars forums are going to stop the flow of these out of China? I mean we are talking China here. This isn't some backyard operation. lol! All you can do is educate collectors about them. Some people will still buy them...just look at the thread on RS. Plenty of takers on there.
I would really like to think you are not that ignorant, mate.
Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:37 am

ourchickenshack wrote:
Lots of + earned for Josh and Aussie Fortuna cheers

hmmmm ... John requests that Josh reels it in , Josh reels it in out of respect for John and this site ,
2 jackasses attempt to pour more fuel on a fire and goad responces out of Josh and Aussie :scratch:

sounds to me like a couple of jackasses living up to a well deserved weak reputation by poking the bear after our zoo keeper has calmed him down - perhaps if you anger him enough you can get him banned here as well No .

Now I remember why I avoid the "other sites" like a plague Cool

:clap: :clap:

love it
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:44 am

Sorry kids, Dad's home now and he's bringing out his belt Mad

Alright there is a lot going on here. Josh I appreciate you respecting my request, thanks for that. I guess I should've broadly made it to everyone though.

It seems like everyone has said their peace, so let's consider my post the line in the sand. From here on out, please keep it friendly. Pretend everyone's grandma is reading this thread. No personal attacks, no SWFUK attacks. Debate away on Kenner Babe turning out to be a Shanghai Suprise all you like. If you want to talk about those Stormie's , I'd suggest opening a thread about them. Personally I can't wait to have them in hand to check these out. I'm hoping they'll be easy to tell apart from vintage when they're in hand.

Back to top Go down
itfciain
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:47 am

Josh wrote:
Iain, surely you are not naive enough to think a few Star Wars forums are going to stop the flow of these out of China? I mean we are talking China here. This isn't some backyard operation. lol! All you can do is educate collectors about them. Some people will still buy them...just look at the thread on RS. Plenty of takers on there.

Come one Josh, you know that is the very point I am making ! I'm not saying it can be stopped but I am saying that they should be condemned by collectors not purchased as 'bootlegs'

And as for educating new collectors, that again is what I am arguing for - rather than go down the route of 'well their hard luck if they don't know what a repro is'

Glad to see that we both agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:58 am

itfciain wrote:

Come one Josh, you know that is the very point I am making ! I'm not saying it can be stopped but I am saying that they should be condemned by collectors not purchased as 'bootlegs'

I actually agree on this point. A true Bootleg should be defined as something not made to be collected but made to defraud (if you get my meaning). These are made with a certain amount of intent which also makes is more intolerable.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

The problem is, Iain. You are assuming everyone who buys these are collectors. This is the sort of thing you are going to see in two dollar shops. Quick fix to keep the kid quiet whilst out shopping. Sure, some collectors will buy them still, but it isn't who they are specifically aimed at.

Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 He-she-46917742320
Still think Todd would make a great Kennerbabe.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

the real Kenner Babe finally unmasked ...

Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 Thcakj10

Kenzie Kenner :Drool:
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Sorry kids, Dad's home now and he's bringing out his belt Mad

Alright there is a lot going on here. Josh I appreciate you respecting my request, thanks for that. I guess I should've broadly made it to everyone though.

It seems like everyone has said their peace, so let's consider my post the line in the sand. From here on out, please keep it friendly. Pretend everyone's grandma is reading this thread. No personal attacks, no SWFUK attacks. Debate away on Kenner Babe turning out to be a Shanghai Suprise all you like. If you want to talk about those Stormie's , I'd suggest opening a thread about them. Personally I can't wait to have them in hand to check these out. I'm hoping they'll be easy to tell apart from vintage when they're in hand.

No probs mate, ive said my bit.

Ive got them in hand as i do with every infamous repro to educate myself and others if i can.
This is for the 'crazy' brand black and white set of stormies, the same brand as the 12'' stormtrooper.

There are plenty of differences that are very easy to spot.

1. The hands are actually glued in, this is something that nobody has mentioned yet, they have a hollow arms.

2. they are actually smaller than an average stormtrooper by about 1mm all over, making it 2mm from hip to hip.

3. their heads are smaller, a lot smaller.

4. the paint apps are thinner and face features are thinner and smaller.

5. the mouth is a lot thinner

6. the mouldings are way less defined all over.

7. and about 10 other differences that i'll wait to put in the watch out thread.

Put it this way, if you had one of these in hand and you didnt know it was a repro you would look at it and think somethings not right, this doesnt look or feel like a kenner storm trooper, they are miles off the real thing if you have a trained eye for detail.

I would class them as a very poor repro, all the average punter has to do is look at the hands and check if they are glued into hollow arms..

What i can confirm is these are very different from the last stormy repros and from different molds as the torso where the arms fit in is very different and not flat like the others are .

So we now have two lots of repro stormies coming from different places.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:18 am

And who's to say millions of Chinese kids aren't enjoying these right now? You know, ones who can't afford the 'real' thing? How is that any different than some Turk enjoying their Uzay figures back in the day because they couldn't afford the real thing either.

* Sorry John. Tide came in and washed the line away. lol!
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:23 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Personally I can't wait to have them in hand to check these out. I'm hoping they'll be easy to tell apart from vintage when they're in hand.
Should we all be buying these? I know someone has to, but ...
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:25 am

itfciain wrote:
Josh wrote:

And as for educating new collectors, that again is what I am arguing for - rather than go down the route of 'well their hard luck if they don't know what a repro is'

Glad to see that we both agree Very Happy

My whole point is to educate people about repros, i say it in nearly every post i write on the issue, i say it untill im blue in the face about it, its our only way to fight the fight.

So i buy them to educate myself and others, if people dont want to do their research and educate themselves, yes its there hardluck.
If people choose to walk into any collectables hobby blindly, wether its art, collector cards, fine china etc if you dont educate yourself you have nobody to blame but yourself for getting ripped off.

My whole point in the RS thread was education, i must have said it 10 times, and i made the point that whinging about them will achive absolutly not one iota of good, its better to find a constructive way to do something about it instead of whining about them, its as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenner Babe is a man?    Kenner Babe is a man?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenner Babe is a man?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next