The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cejay's collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

Cejay's collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:38 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Craig T wrote:

I have one of your posters (the kenner mailaway) I didn't know it was a mailaway so thanks for the share man!

It was a mailaway, but not through Kenner. A guy made them up in the 90's and they were advertised in the toy classifieds at the time. Here is the archive entry on them It was another one of those I always wanted one, but never ordered one kind of things. Very Happy

This poster however was an official mailaway through Kenner. I lucked out and got a sealed example to go with my mailers last year.

Ah I remember that page! I fell in love with that "unofficial 90s Kenner" poster when I saw it on that online database. I even had it as my desktop wallpaper for ages. Was soooo stoked to win one off ebay as I'd never seen one for sale before.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

cejay wrote:
The MOC Biker Scout is a 65bk with the ewoks blacked out and is COO Taiwan.

thanks for the info

to bad , i already have that one , that and the made in mexico one
hopeing to find a 65b made in hong kong

finding a fench meccano wouldent be bad either , lol
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:

to bad , i already have that one , that and the made in mexico one
hopeing to find a 65b made in hong kong

finding a fench meccano wouldent be bad either , lol

I'll keep an eye out Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 am

cejay wrote:
shawn_k wrote:
Craig T wrote:

I have one of your posters (the kenner mailaway) I didn't know it was a mailaway so thanks for the share man!

It was a mailaway, but not through Kenner. A guy made them up in the 90's and they were advertised in the toy classifieds at the time. Here is the archive entry on them It was another one of those I always wanted one, but never ordered one kind of things. Very Happy

This poster however was an official mailaway through Kenner. I lucked out and got a sealed example to go with my mailers last year.

Ah I remember that page! I fell in love with that "unofficial 90s Kenner" poster when I saw it on that online database. I even had it as my desktop wallpaper for ages. Was soooo stoked to win one off ebay as I'd never seen one for sale before.

Nice follow up guys...

I never new the origins of my poster! I bought mine from a vintage starwars shop in Canada when I was an exchange student back in 1999. I remember it was the shop's owners and it "wasn't for sale!" I did a lot of nagging before he eventually parted with it some weeks later!

Guess the force can have a strong influence on the weak minded!

I Have a sealed copy of the real kenner mailaway too... If you guys are interested, you can get the original mail-away poster coupons from: www.SWSeller.com
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 am

Craig T wrote:

Nice follow up guys...

I never new the origins of my poster! I bought mine from a vintage starwars shop in Canada when I was an exchange student back in 1999. I remember it was the shop's owners and it "wasn't for sale!" I did a lot of nagging before he eventually parted with it some weeks later!

I Have a sealed copy of the real kenner mailaway too... If you guys are interested, you can get the original mail-away poster coupons from: www.SWSeller.com

LOL nice! Everyone has their price or just keep bothering them.

Did your sealed copy come from a guy in Florida too? Very Happy I lucked out and got the shelf talker and a coupon a few years ago. Unfortunately the pad ot forms were ripped of the talker, so it's not in the best of shape but works. I still might pick up one more copy of the poster to have each side displayed framed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:41 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Craig T wrote:

Nice follow up guys...

LOL nice! Everyone has their price or just keep bothering them.

Did your sealed copy come from a guy in Florida too? Very Happy I lucked out and got the shelf talker and a coupon a few years ago. Unfortunately the pad ot forms were ripped of the talker, so it's not in the best of shape but works. I still might pick up one more copy of the poster to have each side displayed framed.

I couldn't remember shawn, so had to check my data base when I got home ... Bought it Nov 2007 for 59$ from SwSeller!!! LOL that James was eating away my cash back then! Nice job on the shelf taker man!

Cejay:

Did you you buy your Poster of the "Entire International Vintage Kenner Action Figure Collection" directly from Ron Kalnitz? I was wandering if my was an original or a reprint. Its printed on glossy poster type paper.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Craig T wrote:

I couldn't remember shawn, so had to check my data base when I got home ... Bought it Nov 2007 for 59$ from SwSeller!!! LOL that James was eating away my cash back then! Nice job on the shelf taker man!

Yeah James has a lot of good stuff for sale. There are a few other items on his site that I would like to pick up eventually. Very Happy I was just asking as a guy from Florida had a bunch on ebay with a few sealed examples last year with BIN at $100. I made an offer at what I thought was a fair price on one and he accepted. I thought maybe yours came from that stash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Craig T wrote:

Did you you buy your Poster of the "Entire International Vintage Kenner Action Figure Collection" directly from Ron Kalnitz? I was wandering if my was an original or a reprint. Its printed on glossy poster type paper.

I bought it from ebay from a Aussie seller about 3 years ago. Confident it is an original though.
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 am

After a long break from collecting, thought I'd better get back on track.

Updated my collecting photos, still nothing compared with some collections but mine has been done on a fairly restricted budget so I'm proud of what I have managed to accumulate so far.

Cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 am

Great to have you back Chris. I always enjoy watching your collection grow mate. Get those coins added!
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks Tim Smile

Yeah the coins are currently sitting next to their respective POTF in the cabinet but I should take a picture of them together.. maybe once I have the set of L17 that I am after. Wink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 am

Cool collection Cejay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:31 am

Got my coin protectors set up today.. think they look pretty good.. although I definately need another cabinet so I can get my Dr Who figures out and space my vintage figures out a bit.

What do you think?

Cejay's collection - Page 2 Coins10
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 am

Cool Chris, looks good. Could you do a close up shot of one?
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 am

Close up.. sorry for the poor quality

Cejay's collection - Page 2 Coins210
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 am

I always like to see the POTF coins displayed side by side with the figures, I think it looks great Cejay.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 am

It looks really cool with those coins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cejay's collection   Cejay's collection - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cejay's collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2