The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8D8 Focus group shot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:01 am

Wow, they are some sweet looking white droids man! congrats on such a collection.

I can probably get you a loose ledy if you need one. There is a whole host of carded ledy I can lay my hands on but unfortunately 8D8 isn't one of them at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:08 am

It's great to see them on display like that Joe. I hope you're able to get the whole wardrobe in the end for your collection. These pictures prove that they were meant to be on display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Your collection looks awesome on display in the wardrobe Joe,can't wait to see it permanently displayed with the proofs! Very Happy

What's on the other side of that wardrobe,Narnia!? Laughing
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:19 pm

i see your looking for that sweet sweet ledy cardback ehh?ask admiral he'll tell ya he has one just to drive you crazy.lol.awesome 8d8 cardback collection joe good work,Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey Joe!

Missed your limelight originally, so really glad you bumped it back up on top the list so I could have a butchers.

Lovely display mate, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks very much for the comments guys, I really appreciate them!
It's not quite a display yet I just wanted to take some new pictures of my Oscar cases and see how well they fit but it looks pretty good!

DarthStanley wrote:
can't wait to see it permanently displayed with the proofs! Very Happy

Me neither Mark! Trust me lol, I am working on a very special deal which may mean I need to get a shelf only for pre production !

DarthStanley wrote:
What's on the other side of that wardrobe,Narnia!? Laughing

Hungary actually Laughing
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Looking good mate, can't beat having things out on display.
looking forward to seeing what other pre prod stuff you have coming!
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://wattosjunkshop.com
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

I admire your collection, the chromalin is so sweeeeet cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm

I've said it before, and it deserves to be said again. Your 8D8's look fantastic Joe! Very Happy

You've come a very long way and you've added some incredible pieces! The acrylic cases really make the whole thing look professional, clean and classy.

I think the display is looking great and I can't wait to see them on a more permanent display!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who posted, I always wonder what its like to look at a minor character in a focus form for people that either don't have their own focus collection
or aren't into buying multiples! Must seem strange!

Really appreciate the words Chris, here and on RS!

You know you have a killer focus collection, easily one of my personal favourites because of the items you have , just an amazing collection.

Well, the wardrobe is now full with clothes again, good news is the builder left today so the renovation is pretty much complete, now just have to clean up as he made
such a mess lol

In a few weeks I will take a few more shots , or I might just wait till I finish my latest deal, could be a few months but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks once again, seeing nice comments about your display or your collection really is a nice feeling , especially from those that "get it"

Cool
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 pm

hey joe i have an 8d8 that i bought from a dealer in mexico it's suppused to be ledy,but you know how that goes.if i put a pic up here will you take a look at it for me and let me know what you think it is?Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
hey joe i have an 8d8 that i bought from a dealer in mexico it's suppused to be ledy,but you know how that goes.if i put a pic up here will you take a look at it for me and let me know what you think it is?Dan cheers

Sure Dan, even if I can't someone will be able to!

If its possible, try to picture it right next to a Kenner, macro shots of the back of the torso and some nice clear shots of the chest paint/emblem Smile

Look forward to the pictures!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 am

my Ledy 8d8 is on the left in every pic.can you see how the 8d8 has holes in the leg's.can anyone explain why is it like that?is it a ledy feature.or does it mean i have fkd up leg's.8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8108D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8118D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8128D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8138D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_814Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 am

Obviously Joe will know what is going on, to me the more defined back & COO IS Ledy. But those are some weird fucked up legs- not a Ledy feature. http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5949&hilit=%2ALedy

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 am

this is typical for me.i end up with all the crap ledy figures off ebay.sure wish i could hook up with a reliable dealer if someone here on TIG want's to let me on in the insider club. Wink ;)Dan.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 am

Well I agree with James on all points, the figure is Ledy (at least the body), the detailing on the back is much sharper.

As for the legs, I have never ever seen legs with holes in, not on any figure made anywhere!

Parts of those legs aren't even painted or are stripped, the silver is often missing one one leg normally at the bottom but not normally completely unpainted.

Either its a really bad fuck up by quality control or someone did something to it, although I can't see how you could put holes in the figures legs very easily..

Where did you get it from and how much did you pay if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:53 am

i know i bought it this way,i'm going to have to go through my receipts and find out who i bought it from.i know both legs have holes that go all the way through aslo the leg's come off.should i take the leg's off and take more pic's so we can investigate this hardcore.Dan.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 am

That would be great Dan, lets see what the legs look like when they are off the body.

Like I said, if its been modified by a collector or a kid we should be able to tell as the cut/hole should be a bit crudely done, can't really see it being done by the factory really
but I am not the best expert on how these were made, that section of the leg is all just part of the mold and solid plastic so to have it missing seems a bit odd, its definitely not
something you can take apart.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 am

actually the left leg has it's silver paint on it in some places.it has a spec of silver on top and around the knee cap,and bottom leg part.the right leg has zero paint on it.i bought it from a dealer in mexico.i'll have to check my receipt's.i know it was either from psboym2 or camacho5579. here's some more pic's.pics of left leg's.8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8158D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8168D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_817pic's of right leg.8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8188D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8198D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8208D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8218D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8228D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8238D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8248D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_8258D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 Ledy_826there is no damage to the torso peg's were the leg's attach.no evidence of drill marks at all.the leg's actually fit tight they don't fall of at all.you can even shake it and the leg's won't fall off.i beleive it was made this way.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:26 pm

joe did you have a chance to look at the new pic's of leg's yet.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Sorry Dan, yes I did, I am still not sure it was done at the factory though.

I think I concede defeat on this one, I am stumped!

Still it has the characteristics of a Ledy figure in the torso so I think you are ok as far as it being a Ledy, the legs could be some odd factory error I guess but its more likely some nasty little kid drilled a hole through him or something lol
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

do you have a ledy 8d8 beater with good legs i could buy from you.maby i can switch the leg's out.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

i don't care even if it's just parts all i need is leg's
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Sorry I don't right now but will keep an eye out for you Dan, there was a guy selling 8D8 legs (overstock) on ebay a while back but they were all the same leg lol

I would leave it like it is, the legs are the same as Kenner ones anyway and as it is now its a cool oddity Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8D8 Focus group shot   8D8 Focus group shot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8D8 Focus group shot

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next