The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  Empty
PostSubject: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am

Ebay is cracking down on unlicensed products... The word BOOTLEG and UNLICENSED is a big no no now... there are removing items with said language , and being nasty giving you nicks on the violation to your seller performance.. (And yes i know form personal experience.. I'm a bad boy, but cherish my rebellious side.)
Im wondering if those Fake stormtroopers that were all the rage a years or so ago are going to be removed..?

So I'm wondering how to create a new language or a word that says what we mean - and avoid the flags.. is "BOOT" enough?
IS language like Vintage Polish, Vintage Russian , Vintage Mexican good language.. ?
Toughts??
It is kind of absurd 20 and 30 year old collectible products are getting flagged, when new items are being faked every day (not thinking toys rather clothes etc).. --

I posted in the general rather than the BOOT thread for all sellers not just us BOOTLEGACHOLICS..

best to all
R.
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 am

Yet they still allow reproduction cardbacks Evil or Very Mad
"If an item has a company's name or logo on it, but it wasn't made or endorsed by the company, it's not allowed on eBay"
http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sc
Rolling Eyes

R. your best bet is "Vintage Polish, Vintage Russian , Vintage Mexican"
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

So what is the best thing to type in if you want to see bootlegs ? will they dissapear off ebay alltogether now if it gets too hard for people to sell them ?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Domt dsrikn and typr kiddies make acunt of yoruself you ewill. Nigh nighs to all of you. Dint let the sailicous crumbs bite.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm

In all fairness, bootlegs are pretty easy to spot, so if you just identified the character and country, the people who are looking for them surely will find them.
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: just boots..   Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
So what is the best thing to type in if you want to see bootlegs ? will they dissapear off ebay alltogether now if it gets too hard for people to sell them ?
Im advocating for just "boots"
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Please do not take offense, but since the majority of them look like they were made by a lonely child locked in a dark, dank basement, how about basement?

FS: star wars polish basement luke?
FS: star wars mexican basement vader ?

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm

[quote="psybertech"]Please do not take offense, but since the majority of them look like they were made by a lonely child locked in a dark, dank basement, how about basement?

lol!

Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  6511_l10
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 pm

faRJKTERDED CYUNT SIGNIN G OFF
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm still finding bootlegs listed as bootlegs. So is this really a concern??
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 am

Josh wrote:
faRJKTERDED CYUNT SIGNIN G OFF

You drunk again Joshy? LOL. If not, I wont be smoking what the hell you are. :bong:

Now for the question at hand. Ebay is getting crazy as hell these days. Like AJ said, they still allow repro weapons and cardbacks to be sold, but actual pieces that was made for the general public in the Eastern Bloc so the kids there could have the toys they could only dream of are being kicked off. Thats about as stupid as hell. And just to think, I was contemplating on putting up the rest of mine that havent sold yet on there. I dont fucking think so anymore. I rather sit on them until a real collector who will appreciate them wants them than to pimp them out on Ebay. I really havent been on there in about 7 months now and could care less if I ever go on again really. The only way Ill go there is if I know its the only place to snag something I want to get for someone as a gift and know for a fact I wont find it in the wild around here. But as for what to call them, vintage Polish, vintage Mexican, etc is the best thing I would call them. Shit, if they can call POTF2 figures vintage, so are these things.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 am

Embarassed Um....hacked? :grr:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 am

Hacked?! Yhea right. lol! And I got some swamp land full of crocs in Arizona Ill sell ya dirt cheap with a bridge. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:01 am

Chris_J wrote:
Hacked?! Yhea right. lol! And I got some swamp land full of crocs in Arizona Ill sell ya dirt cheap with a bridge. cheers cheers cheers

A bridge even cheers . Better jump on that Wolff.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

kisstour03 wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

Better than jump off I suppose....

Anywho... I think the bootleg thing is really for clothes and software. There is a real issue with it. I watched a news program about people paying hundreds for Rosetta Stone Language software, and getting corrupted CDs in a package you'd swear was legit.

Oddly enough when I'm looking on Ebay, I rarely use the word bootleg. I use Polish, Hungarian, Uzay, etc..
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am

kisstour03 wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

hehehehhe...shall I???

Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  1336134494126196

BTW: I agree with John! Ill search for mexican, Uzay, turkish, polish, hungarian etc......doesnt bother me at all...though What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....    Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't call em Bootlegs on Ebay any more....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1