The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect Crystar ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm

heres my collection of Crystar The Crystal warrior collection - love these guys - the clear ones sure are purdy cyclops

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05510

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05511

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05512

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05513

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05514

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Dsc05515

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm

wow, i remember reading the comic strips in the back of my ROTJ comics in the UK Smile
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm

walkie wrote:
wow, i remember reading the comic strips in the back of my ROTJ comics in the UK Smile

cool Cool Marvel comics had a short lived comic book series too but I am not sure which came first - the comics or the figures .
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:44 am

These look great. Quite a diverse range there from what looks like articulated detailed figs, non-articulated solid figs, cloth and vinyl capes, to those really cool looking clear figures. Some of it has a bit of a MOTU look too cheers Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks Paul - I am really glad you like them Very Happy It is a very diverse line and not one of the easiest to locate all the correct accessories . I have the basic figure line pretty well complete - think all I am missing is a Crystal Castle playset and seems like there are a couple different "Shatterpult" Accessories .

here is a link to a cool site that has a little more info and pics to look at if anyones interested : http://www.action-figures.ca/crystar.htm
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I missed this thread somewhere along the way. I had Crystar when I was a kid. Just that one figure. I've always had a soft spot for them since. I've gone over Ebay many times looking for Crystar figures and just never can pull the trigger. I may have to just do it soon.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
I missed this thread somewhere along the way. I had Crystar when I was a kid. Just that one figure. I've always had a soft spot for them since. I've gone over Ebay many times looking for Crystar figures and just never can pull the trigger. I may have to just do it soon.

really glad you like them Very Happy It took me a few years to put togeather what I have and its still not a complete set (close though) . If your patient you should be able to get everything fairly inexpensive . The toughest piece to get is the Crystal Dragon - and thats just mainly because the wings are really fragile where they clip on to the body .
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Hey James

When I was browsing at my local toy store yesterday afternoon. I saw a couple of MOC Crystar pieces hanging on the wall.
Let me know if you want me to take some pictures and find out the prices.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am

Commander Clint wrote:
Hey James

When I was browsing at my local toy store yesterday afternoon.  I saw a couple of MOC Crystar pieces hanging on the wall.
Let me know if you want me to take some pictures and find out the prices.

Thank you for the very cool offer Clint but I don't collect carded stuff (for any vintage line) - I barely have enough room in my house for my loose collections lol!

My collecting is very compulsive - if I had one MOC I would have to have them all MOC :cool laugh:

BTW Though - if you ever come across any loose Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings figures or accessories I would gladly buy them cheers

this is all I have : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6120-does-anyone-else-collect-knickerbocker-s-1979-lord-of-the-rings-figures?highlight=knickerbocker
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:28 am

very cool James I loved those things when I was a kid BTW the figures came first the comics were a year or two later I loved those as well.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
if you ever come across any loose Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings figures or accessories

I stop by the shop and see if they have any loose figures from both lines. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:07 pm

I will see what they have at cherry bomb as well
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 6:36 pm

I talked to cherry bomb toys they have some and will get back to me of the ones they are selling which ones do you need still
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:34 pm

I owe a another huge THANK YOU to Clint for giving me these awesome Crystar figures cheers :clap: cheers

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? 00613

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? 00813

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? 01113

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? 01410

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I don't collect MOC figures normally (due to space and cost) but I am extremely happy to add these to my collection celebrate

I will never get rid of them and it is so cool to have a couple MOC figures to display bow
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:15 pm

James, I'm just glad they arrive safe and sound. cheers Now say over and over, "I will not collect MOC's". lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:05 pm

There was a lot of Crystar at the Ontario Collectors Con in Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) this morning.

Does anyone else collect Crystar ? Img_3210
Back to top Go down
TheJazzyOne
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 4:37 pm

I know this is a really old topic, but I am kind of a Crystar nut, so when I found this topic on Google I had to stop in.  Then to find out it's on a Star Wars Collector forum is even better, since I also love Star Wars.

I definitely collect the Crystar figures.  I have all of the basic figures, but so far haven't gotten any of the bigger accessories.

I remember having the figures when I was a kid, and I loved them, even though I had no idea what they were from.  I basically made up my own stories around them, and I used them with my Super Powers action figures a lot.

As an adult, I got pulled back in when I re-started my comics collection, and I stumbled across an issue of Crystar.  I had no idea that it was a comic series in the 80s, but the memories of the toys flooded back instantly.  I've collected all the comics and all the various issues that Crystar has popped up in over the years as well.

I even took my geekdom far enough to write a song about Crystar and Moltar called Order vs Chaos

I can't post it since I'm a new member, though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect Crystar ?   Does anyone else collect Crystar ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect Crystar ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1