The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Cheers Matt! When I saw that Parker Bros ad from Alpha Flight ad I got all goosebumpy as I'd never seen that one before, and it seems to show an XWing pilot even though the mission brief is to fly the Millenium Falcon thinking  

Cheers Craigy! Star Wars advertising really turned into one of my big collecting passions these past few years, along with other toy ads and catalogue pages they're interesting little snapshots of the toy and license  history. They're also the next best thing to having the actual toys themselves when funds are tight
lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Harbert. Italy. 1979.
SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 Star_w15

Kenner. Germany. Model kit ad. "Hello craft fans" 1979
SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 Star_w16

UK. Helix stationery competition.
SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 Star_w17
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Something news from me! A new holy grail, a sealed Pif Gadget 646 complete with a Miro Meccano advert, my first ever SW related item from my chilhood

20171123_204004

20171123_203942

PIF Poche 218

20171123_203927

20171123_203904

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Hey Skywalker, good to see you back and good you're still collecting the French Pif Gadget run. I finished my run (based on Stephane's From Meccano to Trilogo book) a while back. Managed to find some others not covered in the book too. There are still a few rare Pif related items for me to get though. You did well to capture the Pif Poche 218, one of my fave French ads, and not always easy to find. Congrats cheers
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 4:35 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
Hey Skywalker, good to see you back and good you're still collecting the French Pif Gadget run. I finished my run (based on Stephane's From Meccano to Trilogo book) a while back. Managed to find some others not covered in the book too. There are still a few rare Pif related items for me to get though. You did well to capture the Pif Poche 218, one of my fave French ads, and not always easy to find. Congrats cheers  

Hey! Yes, I'm here again. I'm much more into Matchboxes nowadays, I think I also finished my SW run but there are always bits to collect
Sounds interesting those rare PIF related items, could you please show me them?
And I'm desperately into a small french toy catalog from 1984 or 1985, contains only 1 page about SW and it was also a PIF giveaway and not mentioned in Stephane's book.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 pm

Check out my limelight and you can see images of some you may not know of:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5196-meccano-star-wars-adverts-from-french-pif-gadget-comic-magazine

They are...

Small ad for Pif Poche special Jeux. Pif Gadget 763. 1983

Content from Pif Poche Special Jeux. 1983

Bootleg Vader gadget ad. Pif Gadget 656. 1981.

Cartoon with SW, Superman, ET. Pif Gadget 849. 1985.

Airfix model. Pif Gadget 851. 1985.

The only catalogue I know is the Trampline Catalogue featuring one page for ESB Miro Meccano. Pif Gadget 608. 1980.
I'd be interested to find this other one you mention too. Please show it here if you find it  Smile
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 pm

have you seen this auction yesterday?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/PIF-GADGET-N-595-AVEC-SON-GADGET-SOUS-BLISTER-TTBE-PISTOLET-A-MORSE-STAR-WARS-/192370278971
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Not a bad price in the end for a sealed SW issue with gadget.
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Check this out Paul, a hungarian blogger (I dont know him) is using our pics in his post here:

http://jatekokapolcrol.blog.hu/2017/12/04/europai_vintage_star_wars_katalogusok_insertek

http://jatekokapolcrol.blog.hu/2017/11/30/vicces_erdekes_vintage_star_wars_reklamanyagok_kataloguskepek

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm

At least we know where to look if we lose all our pics now Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Not very cool of him to use the pics without asking though. Wonder if he reads the forum even or just surfed for pics an too them out of google images or something.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 3:12 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Not very cool of him to use the pics without asking though. Wonder if he reads the forum even or just surfed for pics an too them out of google images or something.

It would have been cool to put a link to TIG and my site. Don't know if he uses the sites or as you say just took the images from Google. I always add my site name on my pics in the hope it brings new viewers, so in a way I don't mind this blogger using them as it's extra exposure, but yeah, a link to the sites at least would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm

my latest, an excellent pif gadget 595 complete with the gadget

29791860_1851483708237866_6523927379843219456_n
upload image
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm

One of my favourite Pifs is the 595. Nice catch to get the gadget cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES   SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW ADVERTISING FROM COMICS & MAGAZINES

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5