The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) Empty
PostSubject: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Never opened...

It's the mail in Boba Fett, that is supposed to be the rocket launching Fett. But from what I understand, weren't most of those cancelled? So in this 'sealed' box could be the regular Fett that they mailed out as a replacement?

Just wondered what it would be worth.... (BTW: They are asking $400)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:43 pm

There was no RF Fett released. So who ever said they have one, in box, must have a Mark Poon custom trying to pass it off as original. Is it painted or just the blue plastic. The RF Fett is known in proto only. Most likely it is what your thinking, a regular Fett. Last one I seen sell was around $250
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Or it's the modern Hasbro mail-in rocket fett lol!

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I don't have one of those...
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 pm

http://compare.ebay.com/like/320782598317?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Modern ones they go for $20 a piece?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 pm

It's a modern Hasbro box.
I paid $20 each, how many in a carton?

What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) RFBobaFett005
ie. Item number: 130681091400

Last edited by aussiejames on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Uh oh, it's posted in the vintage section lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:09 pm

bootyhunter wrote:

Uh oh, it's posted in the vintage section lol!

Your banned. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:10 pm

I don't own one of those...
But my son does : )
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 am

a VINTAGE Rocket Fett will cost you anywhere from 8k to 15k. whack
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 am

or a fake $25 version tongue
What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) Sw_rocket_boba_10
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am

See, you learn something new every day here. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 am

The Hasbro logo on the box should have been the first clue.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 am

Yeah, I didn't even notice it until this morning. Must have been tired yesterday (which I was, had a long day at work)
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am

First clue imo would be a shipping box of mail-away Fetts for a price of $400... lol!
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 pm

TS,

I'm going to chime in here. I get that you are newer to the world of vintage Star Wars collecting. There are a few resources that are good for answering a lot of questions you might have. The first and foremost source to answer many of your basic Star Wars collecting needs is The Star Wars Collectors Archive. The next is Rebelscum, and well, the month has gotta be up shortly Smile Here is a link from RS listing many resources where you may find answers as you start to educate yourself on vintage star wars:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t971595/

Here is a link from our own TIG with some links also:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t61-useful-links-and-reference-sites

Not trying to incite anything here, but a little due diligence and super-fun reading on this site will be both informative and put you on your way to not asking questions that come across as super-noobish. Smile

Here is a link for you to educate yourself on many varieties of Star Wars prototypes, including lengthy articles on rocket firing boba:

http://theswca.com/images-unproduced.html

Scroll down a little and you can read many articles about the different vintage rocket fetts that were made (never released btw)

In regards to your previous question, you will never find a boxed example of a vintage rocket fett. As you will read in the articles in the link, they never made it out of the factory. If you are interested in picking one up, depending on the rarity of the variation of the fett, it'll run you anywhere between $8,000 and $200,000. The ones on the higher end are one of a kind. $200,000 was the last asking price for the carded toy fair sample. If you can find it, the next down would be between $50-$60,000 for the hand painted "T-slot." A few of them book in at the $30,000 mark, then a few at $20-$25,000, and the most common ones are the $8-$15,000 one that Joe Y was referring to in his response.

Anything under that and you are most likely looking at either a reproduction or a modern example.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy all the reading that you can do about Rocket Fetts, Vinyl Jawas, Blue Snaggletooths and the rest of the vintage bunch.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Very good resources from a guy (Dylan) that REALLY knows his RF Fett stuff : )
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Answer of the Month Award goes to Dylan!!! cheers

Oh.......we don't have such award?!!! Well maybe we should introduce one!!! Very Happy

@ Ryan, just take your time reading, I can guarantee you it will be fun to read through those threads. study

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

Ryan, just so that you know, I read these sites all the time myself. They are good for hours if not days of fantastic Star Wars reading and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)   What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to expect to pay for a rocket firing Fett? (IN BOX)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1