The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Empty
PostSubject: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:38 am

There are three different verions of the Lili Ledy Biker Scout. They differ in the pattern of wrinkles and V-shaped belt (see pic at the bottom).

In the Lili Ledy thread, Steve (Cantina_Patron) was wondering which versions were released on Kenner's Made in Mexico (MIM) cards.

The only way to find out is to gather evidence. But therefore we need your help.

So if you own a MIM card, please make one picture of the complete front, a second one of the complete back, and a third picture showing the details of the Biker Scout figure inside the bubble (so you can easily tell which version it is, V1, V2 or V3).

And in case you are a very lucky collector and own a Biker Scout on a Lili Ledy card, please post pics of these as well.

You can post the pics here or directly in the Lili Ledy thread.

Thank you for your help!! Very Happy

Oh and here is an overview of the three different versions (V1, V2, V3) we are talking about:

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Slide26_20

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:39 am

merlin wrote:
Mine is a V1 ... Lili ledy MOC Biker scout 100% Factory sealed on a 30 BACK!!! .

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 000_0617TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 000_0618

Last edited by merlin on Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding the BACK info!!!)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks Adolfo!

What back is it?

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:44 am

Thank you for posting this to a wider audience Marco. Although I posed the question I would hope the results will also be of interest / benefit to a lot of other people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:11 am

I got the MIM one here and its mold #2. When I get home from work and doing some running around this afternoon, Ill try my best to get some good shots of it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks Chris I appreciate it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:49 pm

:bump:

I find it very hard to belief that from our 620 members, only two have a MIM Biker Scout. unsure

C'mon guys, don't be shy and post these pics!!

TIG needs you and you can contribute to some great research this way. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Im pretty sure you can find all 3 molds on MIM cards.....would be unlogical the other way around!!!
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
:bump:

I find it very hard to belief that from our 620 members, only two have a MIM Biker Scout. unsure

C'mon guys, don't be shy and post these pics!!

TIG needs you and you can contribute to some great research this way. Very Happy

I agree with you!!... Posting those MOC's have help the LL community to discover new things...

I've seen less people posting in the LL thread , and that is sad!!.... I don't know the reasons , but I can imagine them....
Don't be afraid to post pics or things, I'm sure we can all learn together!!!
If we sit down that and think that everything is for granted, then we are going to be doom to look out for new things!!!.....
It's going to be really sad that whatever one person says,then everybody will have to follow!!... I've made that mistake and learn from it!!!....

We have found so many variations with the help of the forum , so I really hope that everybody keep up posting pics and questions!!!!!!

Cheers,
Adolfo
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Sorry for the delay on the pix.

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Img_2140

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Img_2141

Camera only takes macro shots when it feels like it, so cant get a close up of the mold version.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:50 am

Summary of results for MIM Biker Scout. (I'll add to this as more info is posted)

1x 65bk - V1
1x 65bk - V2
1x 65bk - V4

Ledy

1x 30bk - V1
1x 30bk - V4 Newly discovered by Ozio.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed May 09, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:07 am

MIM 65 back ( '65B' with the Ewoks )
V1

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed May 09, 2012 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks James. Any chance of some pics? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree with Wolff, all 3 molds must be on MIM cards, now show some pics guys share your MIM's Wink
Adolfo you're right on that, posting MOC's always help, look at this one:
It is a V2 on a LL 30bk:

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 544850_3704574608859_1110304487_3517712_1714587416_n

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 318175_3704574448855_1110304487_3517711_345333445_n

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 536122_3704574768863_1110304487_3517713_1580200397_n

NO! it's not... it's a V4!
Take a look:
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards 544774_3705233745337_1110304487_3518059_1113473478_n
At first glance I thought the carded Biker Socut was a V2 but after closer examination I realized of some small differences, take a look at the direction and lenght of line #1 on V2 and V4, also take a look at the detail on the pouch. So I think this is a different mold. Wink

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Slide26_20

More pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3704573008819.162498.1110304487&type=3&l=f2393f07d0

Last edited by OZIO on Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Only unbiased research paves the way for new discoveries and theories!!!

VERY Well done, my friend!!! cheers

So there are at least 4 different moulds!!

It seems that the Biker Scout entry in the LL thread needs some update. Eerrh, can I borrow your scheme? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Ozio has just made a very nice discovery!!!!

So c'mon guys, post those MOC pics, who knows what more can be discovered.

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Congratulations on the new discovery Ozio & thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Been a good week for discoveries so far Wink Congrats Ozio on yours cheers
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Great discovery OZIO!!!! ... cheers cheers cheers .. VERY WELL DONE my friend!!!!

IT DOESN¨T MATTER WHO SAYS that everything is discovered or that is worthless to do more research........ I hope everybody gets the point about posting pics of their MOC´s !! ..so keep posting them!!!

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Only unbiased research paves the way for new discoveries and theories!!!

VERY Well done, my friend!!! cheers

So there are at least 4 different moulds!!

It seems that the Biker Scout entry in the LL thread needs some update. Eerrh, can I borrow your scheme? Very Happy

Sure thing buddy.
Wink
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Awesome discovery Ozio : ) I have the same V4 version...

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Ll_bs110

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Ll_bs210
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Nice Pics Steve Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:28 am

aussiejames wrote:
MIM 65 back ( 65B with the Ewoks )
V1
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards SDC12290
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards SDC12291
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards SDC12289

V4 confirmed
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards SDC12292
TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards SDC12293
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:34 am

I've just checked my loose example & it also appears to be a V4 not the V2 that I thought it was Embarassed

[img]TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Dscn4719[/img]

[img]TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Dscn4720[/img]

[img]TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards Dscn4721[/img]

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm

@ Steve (2x) and AJ. thanks for confirming the newly discovered V4 variant!!! cheers

From Steve's overview on page 1, it is clear we are still lacking:

Kenner (MIM): V3 & V4

Lili Ledy : V2, V3

@ others: So we need more MOC pictures in this thread, we are not done yet! Surprise us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards   TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Needs Your Input Here: Made in Mexico Biker Scout Cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next