The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 pm

A lovely (if slightly scathed) 77 back Hoth Han Solo found his way to the door today. Hoth Han is high on the list of figures I really care about so I'm psyched to finally have him in the mix. Now about those tiny eyes... never seen 'em that small on this figure!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Han_ro10
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:55 pm

I got in what has to be the perfect vintage comic book for me. It's a Brazilian reprint with both a Star Wars and Hulk story in it. Perfect comic for me. Vintage Marvel SW and the Jade Giant.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 0013-1

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 0023-3

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 0035-1
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Paul that's a GREAT mag!!
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Great Hulk/SW combo comic Paul!! How in the world did you find that? Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Love the new Han with small eyes, very unique!!!
And also think that comic book is sweet, what GREAT artwork....
-Steve
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Great Hulk/SW combo comic Paul!! How in the world did you find that? Smile

Some bootlegger with a Fett fetish sent me a link one day. I'll have to thank him sometime. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am

Some great additions this week.

John: Losing focus is not that bad if it brings you those nice proofs, I would say. Very Happy

JB: I'm a big fan of the Imperial Troop Transporter, it could be regarded the first Expanded Universe vehicle. I am not sure, but I think that all Paltoy boxes came with a white box of printed french text. MIB experts could tell you more. .

Msz124: Great display stand, really the best way to display your figures IMO. Nice dark brown Luke Farmboy BTW!

Christian: I can imagine very well you could not resist buying that little Wicket Tri MOC. It looks great! Very Happy

Colpar: Welcome at TIG.
Funny, the dutch 'stamp' on the booklet reads "Now also available on videogame cartridges from Parker.” Parker and Kenner apparently joined forces to sell their products.
I have never seen these booklets, what is inside? Were they released with toys, or mean as some sort of leaflets in toy shops?

John: Great to see that your Ledy Lando MOC arrived safely. It was really a fun thing, when we were chatting and bidding on Luis' items a few weeks ago.
BTW: Could you make me a close up of the gun inside. As a Ledict I need to know what mould it has. Very Happy

Steve: You managed to grab some great PBP variants lately. First Luke Hoth and now Han Hoth. Congrats dude!!

Pete: Nice Han MOC. BTW I very much liked the Boba Fett pics on your blog this week. Very Happy

Paul: Green awesomeness combined with Star Wars!!! Best of both worlds.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 am

Pete- That Han is hard to look at. The way the eyes look. Never seen one with eyes that small before. Variant hunters,start hunting. Wink
Back to top Go down
colpar
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Colpar: Welcome at TIG.
Funny, the dutch 'stamp' on the booklet reads "Now also available on videogame cartridges from Parker.” Parker and Kenner apparently joined forces to sell their products.
I have never seen these booklets, what is inside? Were they released with toys, or mean as some sort of leaflets in toy shops?

Thank you for the Welcome Wink

As for Parker and Kenner they were the same company at that time ( as you showed us in this very interesting post : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1872-a-little-star-wars-story ), it was the case in Benelux and Germany i think.
I suppose they wanted to promote the videogames for the big brother while the parents bought toys for the little brother :cool laugh:
Inside there are figures and toys. The interesting thing is that a lot of figures showed are prototypes.
I'll take pics tomorrow and show the inside content.
I tried to gather some informations about these and some peoples told me these were distributed in big toy shops like in the Galerie Anspach, Innovation in Brussels, Christiaensens, ... . From my far memories, i even think i found one of these in my AT-ST back in 1983 but can't remember for sure.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:20 pm

colpar wrote:

Thank you for the Welcome Wink

As for Parker and Kenner they were the same company at that time ( as you showed us in this very interesting post : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1872-a-little-star-wars-story ), it was the case in Benelux and Germany i think.
I suppose they wanted to promote the videogames for the big brother while the parents bought toys for the little brother :cool laugh:
Inside there are figures and toys. The interesting thing is that a lot of figures showed are prototypes.
I'll take pics tomorrow and show the inside content.
I tried to gather some informations about these and some peoples told me these were distributed in big toy shops like in the Galerie Anspach, Innovation in Brussels, Christiaensens, ... . From my far memories, i even think i found one of these in my AT-ST back in 1983 but can't remember for sure.

Wink

Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to the pics. Very Happy
And an even bigger thanks for letting me realize I am getting old and tend to forget things. lol!
You are from Belgium?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 am

This thread is going so fast, I love all the items you guys have received since last I visited this thread.

Congratulations to all of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Nice pick ups everyone! nice to see that some collecting wishes do come true!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 IMG_1535b

uhmm...mmmmm...I think I am complete now......well.....nearly lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:18 pm

それは偉大なだけでなく、ミスターウルフです。

よく日本のストームトルーパーに行わ。Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Got a handful of figures since the other week!

First off; three figures I bought from eBay, all from different sellers however they all arrived on the same day, so that was nice to come home to! All are ESB figures: Bespin Luke, Bespin Han and Hoth Leia. LOVE them all!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490010

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Esb-tr10

And then I got a parcel this morning from a very good friend who sent me Greedo, Zuckuss and Bespin Luke! Greedo is brill, he's so retro. Zuckuss is actually my favourite of the three. And then Bespin Luke, I really wish I'd held off from buying the one that I did now as the only figure I knew he was sending was Greedo, the other two were surprises. However this spare will not go to waste, I think he's different to the other one...

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490017

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490018Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490019

As I said, upon closer inspection, the two Luke's do seem to differ in slight, but quite a few, ways. As I received the one I had bought from eBay first, I did actually think he looked a bit odd in comparison to images I had seen on the internet. Of course, the one my friend sent me has clearly been loved and played with, whereas the eBay one is rather new still. But now comparing them I can quite clearly see a few differences, and my thinking is that the eBay one might be a Lili Ledy variant of the figure but I haven't a clue at all, I'm no expert, so if anyone can tell me what this variation is I'd be very appreciative. It might not even be a proper variant, just a slightly different paint application maybe? I dunno...

My friend's one on the left, one off eBay on the right:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490020

The faces look quite different. The same sculpt, I think, but different paint applications?

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490021

The belts are quite different too. I forgot to take a picture of the sides and the back so unfortunately you can't see it, but in person you can see that the holster is much larger on the one bought from eBay. As for the front though, the lightsaber is attached with a black strip whereas the other isn't (molded on to the eBay one but not on my friend's one, so it's not like the paint could have chipped off neither), d'ya see it?

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 S1490022

Anywho, that's what I got recently. Some more figures in the post, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi

Nice stuff you all got. Love the takara Stormy.

I got some new stuff the other day. Some nice adverts from Italy, and the star wars is forever poster (not picture) I think they are cool love the diorama way of making the advert and a little strange that a advert from Italy has a picture of blue snaggletooth in it. Maybe the picture are shot in the US.
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04088

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04086

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04084

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04087

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04083

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 DSC04082

Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Nice takara you recieved those are high on my wishlist
really cool harbert ads i havent seen so much things from them so thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm

hansole wrote:
Hi

Nice stuff you all got. Love the takara Stormy.

I got some new stuff the other day. Some nice adverts from Italy, and the star wars is forever poster (not picture) I think they are cool love the diorama way of making the advert and a little strange that a advert from Italy has a picture of blue snaggletooth in it. Maybe the picture are shot in the US.

Super nice, I like the printed star wars stuff like you have, the topps cards, decent playset boxes cardback etc this is the stuff i love above all else.

nice pick up! keep it coming friend!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Fellas Smile

I seem to have run myself into bit of a corner here. I have two vintage standees of c3po and stormtrooper in lifesize and have run into these.

Just couldnt let these get off the radar, eventhough they were expensive, I just had to safe them. There not vintage but from the promotonal tour of the rerelease of OT sopecial edition. They are not pictueres that have been printed, but drawings/paings printed. There is a dvdcover in the picture to show the different sizes.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 001
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 002
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 003
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 004

The SW logo Im getting this week.

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 005
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 006
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am

cool stuff,but you will need a big collectionroom if you will display them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Han_ro10

I got one like that loose, possible snow blind?
Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Han_so11
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Wow Micahel and Claus Love the paper stuff you picked up bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy

I only picked up this Clipper WBG . It has been on my radar for a long time . So it was nice to ad it to the focus .That now runs 8 moc's and 3 proofs . Still looking for alot af the offer moc's and some proof . If any one has some ..... ? Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Th_bmxdele017

Last edited by soren on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Cool stuff as always everyone. Loads of paperwork items too this week!

Alex - very nice Palitoy Imperial troop transporter with the Meccano printing!

John - congrats on landing Lando!

Paul - congrats on the Brasil SW/Hulk double act - that comic is well cool and the artwork looks great!

Wolff - wow wow Takara awesomeness! Congrats! Stormie Smiley

Michael - love the Harbert paperworks - Harbert really made some imaginative action scenes with their photography!

Claus - Interesting set of promotional pieces - the Vader and Death Star are so cool. You can make some neat displays with that lot!

Soren - congrats on the latest addition to your BespinGuard focus mate Smile

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Two new additions this week for my SW vinyl records collection. Really stoked to get the French pressing of the original soundtrack.
Near mint and with the giant fold-out poster too - the awesome John Berkey Death Star painting Very Happy

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Lgde_s10

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Lgde_f10

Next up is a curious one because I haven't come across any SW EPs (extended players) before.
Also interesting is that this is a complimentary EP courtesy of Duncan Millar Associates and Damont records, given away free by sales executives to customers...
a nice move trying to latch onto the excitement of the late 1970s Star Wars fever!

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Sw_com10

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Sw_com11

Can just imagine the closing pitch...

SALES REP: Thank you so much for purchasing our product ... here's a complimentary record of Star Wars for you!
CUSTOMER: Wow, thank you! Star Wars ... that's the new movie by that George Lucas chap isn't it?
SALES REP: Yes. It's got R2D2 and Darth Vader in it!
CUSTOMER: Great! My kids love Darth Vader!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 Lgde_f10

That poster looks amazing I like that loads!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!! - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 6!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next